Granular Data Scientist Reviews | Glassdoor

Granular Data Scientist Reviews

Updated Mar 6, 2017

5.0
Granular Co-Founder and CEO Sid Gorham (no image)
Sid Gorham

"Great spirit"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Granular part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great working atmosphere - Flexible work life balance - Interesting and challenging tasks to work on - Bring in your ideas, everyones voice counts - Work together with project management/design/engineering to make new features come to life

Cons

Open space office, can be a bit noisy at times

Granular2017-03-06

"Data Science Review"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Granular full-time for less than a year

Pros

Data science at Granular is both intellectually and technically rewarding. Interested in how the modern food system works? Environmental impacts of farming? Love geospatial and financial time series data? Work at Granular involves it all. Data science at Granular is comprised of a small team of sharp people that does a good job of balancing freedom and communication. Work is a mix of benchmarking and modeling and the team has access to advisors to keep us sharp on the latest research in agriculture and economics.

Cons

It's a startup, so systems are constantly in flux and organizational systems are still in the process of being built. Requires independence and flexibility.

Advice to Management

Data science feels isolated at times, and sometimes we get complaints that the rest of the company doesn't know what we're working on. Finding ways to keep us integrated with the rest of the teams (either socially or technically) would be a plus.

Granular2017-03-03