Granular Reviews | Glassdoor

Granular Reviews

Updated Feb 10, 2020

4.4
Granular Co-Founder and CEO Sid Gorham (no image)
Sid Gorham
  1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative

I have been working at Granular full-time for less than a year

Pros

benefits package, dog friendly offices, happy hours, work from home available

Cons

management can seem to withhold information

Granular2020-02-11
  2. "Notice how the positive reviews are all clustered together...."

I have been working at Granular full-time for more than a year

Pros

Offices have been really well run at times, some teams within Granular are bright driven and there for the right reasons.

Cons

Kinda the worst of both worlds (no longer a startup but still REALLY disorganized but without the big company pay or perks) rapid turnover, few original members of Granular are still with the company, pockets of really confused teams, leadership easily influenced by technobabble, offices jockeying for power, integration of Corteva has not gone well, jerks are tolerated and promoted, communication among teams and offices is not at all managed well, apps themselves apparently have technical issues.

Granular2020-01-26

Granular Response

January 27, 2020People Operations Business Partner

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We value the thoughts and opinions of each employee. We're growing, and change happens. Our hope is to encourage innovation and collaboration among our teams. We'll share your feedback with the leadership team.

Continue reading
  3. "Great place to learn and work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Granular full-time

Pros

- Great work environment - Dog-friendly office - Fantastic work and life balance - Great learning environment - Some great people - Generous management team - Great future

Cons

- Relatively poor compensation compared to other SF/ Bay Area tech companies of similar size - No stock option after the acquisition - Need a tighter relationship across offices (IA, IL, CA) - Not hiring junior engineers in CA... not sure why

Granular2020-01-08
  4. "Support"

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Johnston, IA

I have been working at Granular full-time for less than a year

Pros

Smart people to work with and great perks

Cons

As of now dont have any

Granular2020-01-07
  5. "Awesome Onboarding, work environment, and company mission"

Current Employee - Delivery Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Granular full-time for less than a year

Pros

Smooth onboarding process. Very welcoming management team and engineering organization. Company mission and history was clearly articulated throughout orientation. Awesome office work environment. Dog friendly office, which is great! Very fast to get access to everything. Company mission is inspiring and everyone I have worked with has been extremely talented. Fantastic recruiting team and process. Excellent overall impression.

Cons

No cons yet so far.

Granular2019-12-30
  6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Granular full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay, benefits, tons of flexibility and unlimited PTO

Cons

Corporate company still trying to act like a start up

Granular2019-12-17
  7. "It's early days but so far, a great culture and bright future"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Granular full-time for less than a year

Pros

- People here at all levels are passionate about serving growers...company has very deep domain expertise in agriculture, permeating all aspects of day to day work - Company cares for employee's opinions and development and seems to work hard at soliciting and incorporating them - As a relatively new employee. I found the entire onboarding process very thoughtfully conceived, with many HR and Dept employees owning specific roles and an comprehensiveness that helped me get up to speed very quickly. I found this a good indication/signal of good things to come...

Cons

None as of now :-)

Granular2019-11-06
  8. "Learning and development overall review"

Former Employee - Learning and Development Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Granular part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, friendly, open floor space, food is provided, lunch on Mondays and Wednesdays

Cons

Departments could understand each others' jobs better

Granular2019-10-08

"Great work environment"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative

I have been working at Granular full-time for more than a year

Pros

multiple lunches catered, dog friendly workspace

Cons

new company has growing pains

Granular2019-08-12
  10. Featured Review

"Great experience so far!"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Granular full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone owns what they work on. Everyone generally has a voice in the product and codebases they work on—a direct product of the trust and respect given team members. We don't hire people to simply perform tasks; we hire to add unique perspectives and skills to the team. We value the human, not the pedigree. We also have the freedom to organize our teams as we see fit, rather than specific processes being codified for all teams. Granular is in a transitionary period, having been acquired by DowDuPont a few years ago, then recently spun out under the Corteva arm of that corporate stew. Thankfully, what could have been a chaotic, bureaucratic situation turned out not to affect our day-to-day operations very much at all. We still feel very much like a separate entity, one that is maturing into a "real" company after several years as a startup. Granular's identity was not swallowed up by the conglomerate and erased. Senior leadership is incredibly transparent. Regular all-hands meetings contain detailed financial information about the health of our company and how we're tracking budget-wise, in addition to presentations on all the cool stuff people are working on. There is a ton of effort put forth to ensure every individual is given the resources to grow in their role, career, and as a person. We have people on staff whose entire job it is to make sure we're all learning and developing. That blew my mind when I first started.

Cons

There are things that I like about our office space (the garden wall, the natural light, the food!), but there isn't any space that's designated for quiet. Open office plans are a divisive topic, but pretty much every engineer I've ever worked with has hated them. They can be livable, though, if there is a place with library rules. Our space does lend itself to teamwork sometimes and that's valuable, but we need an environment that's conducive to heads-down flow, too.

Granular2019-08-07

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 69 reviews