Graphic Packaging International "good pay" Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 3, 2019

3.2
Graphic Packaging International President and CEO  Michael Doss
Michael Doss

"How this company maintains keeping the doors open is beyond me."

Former Employee - General Helper in Fort Smith, AR

I worked at Graphic Packaging International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay and decent benefits.

Cons

Management are passive aggressive jerks that don't listen. They expect the employees to manage and hold each other accountable while they (management) just show up. Everyday I would go to work I felt I mistakenly walked into a preschool. That is how they talk to the workers. Like they have the intelligence of a three year old. Their lean program is a joke. I can bet my life that out of the 350+ workers they have there less than five know what the 5 S's are. The biggest thing that is really bothersome is the safety. They preach safety 24/7 but anytime you tell them something is unsafe they won't fix it or they say it will be six months before the parts get here. Oh, but when you do get hurt you better find another job because your butt is good as fired. Quality is a nightmare. Managers always said they have so many complaints but they never showed what anyone has done wrong. They always bitched about we have to do better but they never fixed a press or gave us the tools or downtime to keep things properly maintained.

Advice to Management

You should quit. You have no idea what you'r doing. Also you think your big poop in that plant, but outside of GPI in real life you put your pants on like everyone else.

Graphic Packaging International2013-07-23

"Ok place to work if you don't mind overtime on a weekly to biweekly basis!"

Current Employee - Pressman in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Graphic Packaging International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good pay, challenging both physically and mentally !

Cons

Went through expansion and hasn't fully developed yet!! Lots of room for improvements, but seems everyone is to busy chasing after the ball to do anything about improving the plant. Swing shifts are a killer!!

Advice to Management

Communication is key! Need to staff the engineering dept. a bit more to level out machinery, and also work with scheduling for less scheduled downtime.

Graphic Packaging International2012-09-18
  3. "Factory job"

Press Operator in Gordonsville, TN

I worked at Graphic Packaging International

Pros

Good pay and benefit. Some good coworkers.

Cons

Management is pretty dumb in most cases. They usually hire managers from th field of factory workers which results in the biggest kiss ass getting promoted not the people with degrees. There are some good people that work here but also so bad people but that's probably true for any place. If you don't mind a lot of overtime its really not a bad place to work though.

Advice to Management

Get people in there that know how to manage people

Graphic Packaging International2012-02-09

"Employees that work hard are the first to be out the door and the lazy workers keep their jobs"

in Solon, OH

I have been working at Graphic Packaging International

Pros

pay is good benefits are great

Cons

employees being laid off management being hired employees who have fmla and show up when they want to

Advice to Management

treat your employees with respect and dont lie and say everything is looking up and lay people off

Graphic Packaging International2011-07-11

"Management could be updated"

Current Employee - Finisher

I have been working at Graphic Packaging International full-time

Pros

Pay good. Shift ok.

Cons

Management sucks. Could use an update.

Advice to Management

Good luck

Graphic Packaging International2019-06-14