Grass4sale Reviews | Glassdoor

Grass4sale Reviews

3.3
CEO

1. "Welcoming, Flexible, & Comfortable Environment"

Current Contractor - Customer Service in San Antonio, TX
    Current Contractor - Customer Service in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Grass4sale as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I like working at Grass4sale.com because I help people make their lawns beautiful. Landscaping makes a big difference to the atmosphere of a home and my customers are able to design their own retreats. Homeowners now have access to the same quality and prices that before only contractors had.

Cons

I don't get paid all that much. It would be nice to be compensated for all of the hours that I work.

Advice to Management

Raise the prices. We do not charge enough for shipping in many areas. Our grass is so fresh and beautiful that we could charge at least 40% more.
    Also, we should offer irrigation services.

2. "Pay is good, but not worth the stress"

Former Contractor - Operations Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Contractor - Operations Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Grass4sale as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, time off in the winter, opportunity for advancement

Cons

Boss doesn't pay workers on time, will not talk to customers, causes problems and makes subordinates deal with it.

Advice to Management

Pay people on time. Including vendors.

3. "Was forced to review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Pros

There are no pros. Even as a "contractor" your hours are dictated. The pay is bad. I'd like to give this business zero stars if I could.

Cons

This is a shell company. The owner is morally bankrupt. They will not pay their bills, or you. They put liens on the houses of people who want their money back. I was *forced* to do a glassdoor review that was good while working for them, or they wouldn't pay me. The owner literally stood behind me while I typed it up. James treats customers, contractors and employees equally badly. There are no "departments" as he would have us make up while talking to customers. There's likely only one or two people in the office besides James. The product is laughable.

Advice to Management

If you're not James, get out before he can ruin your name. If James is reading this, he knows where he can go.

5. "Lots of opportunity"

Pros

Steady 14 year old company that has innovated the entire grass industry. Always trying to make the process better for consumers and easy. Innovating and growing constantly

Cons

The huge sales and call volume and not enough help.