Graton Resort & Casino Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Graton Resort & Casino Vice President /General Manager Kord Nichols
Kord Nichols

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great benefits and fun team member events with plenty of raffles" (in 14 reviews)

• "Good Benefits and fun co workers" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance was a bit rough at first, but now we have a better system to determine shifts and days off" (in 2 reviews)

• "Frustrating management structure, lots of sexual harassment, lots of dismissing lewd conduct as "It's a casino"" (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Good people great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rohnert Park, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rohnert Park, CA

I have been working at Graton Resort & Casino full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is one of the few places I have worked that preaches TEAM, more importantly they practice it. From Human Resources to Internal Maintenance , Sanitation, the care & concern the company has for all employees is obvious, as is the emphasis on teamwork from upper administration. I have worked here almost 3 years, the support and constant positive energy I get from other team members has been second to none. My team has been 100% supportive & positive which helps me with my mental, emotional & physical healing.
        Graton offers anyone who is willing & qualified an opportunity for a career and to work in a great atmosphere. They have excellent benefit's competitive wages, more important the opportunity to advance your career within the property. Your uniforms are provided for most department members, they have a full buffet 24 hrs, 7 days a week ( free to all employees) not to mention the drawings for different events, concerts, shows, just a few of the extra items Graton provides for its team members.
      I work with people who have been here since opening, some at the position hired. More of them take advantage of these openings, made career moves advancing in position & salary. There are great people here and it gives me something to be proud of.

Cons

As with any other employee more $$ would be great, other than that nothing

Nov 19, 2018

Thank you for sharing your heartwarming thoughts. We are extremely moved by the experience you have had with us at GRC, and are elated that you are as proud as we are to be working here. Thank you... More

2. "Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Housekeeper in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Housekeeper in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Graton Resort & Casino full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My manager is very supportive. Great benefits and fun team member events with plenty of raffles. Working in the hotel has taught me alot and I work with some great people that are very supportive.

Cons

The work schedule is hard and the time off is difficult because you have to work holidays. Working in housekeeping is hard work and your on your feet alot.

Advice to Management

Allow more team members to take time off on blackout days. Hire more people to give us more time off.

Feb 14, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all you do and we recognize that our Housekeeping Attendant position is a very committed role.

3. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Beverage Server in Petaluma, CA
    Former Employee - Beverage Server in Petaluma, CA

I worked at Graton Resort & Casino full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly employees
    Great benefits
    Fun work environment

Cons

None that I can think of

Jan 2, 2019

Thank you for your positive feedback. We wish you all the best!

4. "SPA provider"

Current Employee - SPA Provider in Rohnert Park, CA
    Current Employee - SPA Provider in Rohnert Park, CA

I have been working at Graton Resort & Casino full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, decent pay, paid lunches, & very convenient.

Cons

Corrupt establishment, hit or miss on tips, tax on tips even if you don’t make tips, no pay for no shows, poor management, zero tolerance does not apply to management/directors even if harassment is involved. Strict attendance policy. Vague protocols, always short staffed, etc.

Advice to Management

Pay correctly, listen to your employees, respect them, and reward them.

Dec 21, 2018

Thank you for voicing these concerns. We take these types of allegations very seriously. Please contact our Human Resources Office to discuss your concerns with us. Thank you.

-- Amy Ellis... More

"Dealer at Graton"

Current Employee - Table Games Dealer in Rohnert Park, CA
    Current Employee - Table Games Dealer in Rohnert Park, CA

I have been working at Graton Resort & Casino full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Just hit 5 years at Graton. I started without any background and went to a free school. 5 years later I have great benefits, stable hours and a fun job. We have a ton of dealers that have been here since opening. Love my job!

Cons

Starting out was rocky and we have had a lot of changes in management in the department. Work life balance was a bit rough at first, but now we have a better system to determine shifts and days off.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and keep up the good work. I can tell you are trying hard!

Nov 19, 2018

We couldn't agree with you more! Becoming a Table Games Dealer is a lot of fun, and our free dealer school is a great way for someone to join the team! Congratulations on hitting your 5 year... More

"Service Bartender"

I have been working at Graton Resort & Casino full-time

Pros

Amazing team, fantastic benefits, willingness to assist their employees progress in a career path they want to pursue

Cons

Some communication corrections would be suggested

Advice to Management

Thank you!

Nov 8, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to hear more about your suggestions, and encourage you to stop by Human Resources to share more details. We are glad to hear that you are having such a... More

"Kitchen Worker"

Former Employee - Kitchen in Rohnert Park, CA
    Former Employee - Kitchen in Rohnert Park, CA

I worked at Graton Resort & Casino full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are best in the area. Pay was above other companies and my day went by fast. My family had to move away from the area, but working for the casino was a great experience. Plenty of Overtime to pick up.

Cons

Schedules are selected by seniority. You start on shifts that will have you working on nights and weekends, but after time I got the schedule that worked for my family.

Advice to Management

Work life balance is tough. I had to pick up shifts while we were short handed. I heard they are hiring more people now.

Oct 31, 2018

Thank you for sharing your point of view, and for highlighting our GREAT benefits! I agree wholeheartedly that work/life balance could be a challenge due to individual schedules or scheduling... More

8. "Spa Attendant"

I have been working at Graton Resort & Casino full-time (More than a year)

Pros

i love sharing my days with my co-workers. they make coming to work fun. the benefits are helpful, and free lunch is nice.

Cons

staring hourly pay is low

Advice to Management

pay more for starting

Oct 25, 2018

Thank you for your thoughts. We are always re-assessing our compensation practices and appreciate your call out regarding this position. Please keep the feedback coming.

-- Allison Scott... More

9. "Truly GREAT!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Rohnert Park, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Rohnert Park, CA

I have been working at Graton Resort & Casino full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great place to work, with plenty of hours, overtime and lots of advancement opportunities! Free meals. Great benefits for me and my family!

Cons

Gets busy sometimes on the weekends.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees ideas and concerns.

Oct 31, 2018

Thank you for the description of your experience with Graton Resort and Casino, the enthusiastic words, and the feedback!

10. "Fun Place to Work"

Former Employee - Cook in Rohnert Park, CA
    Former Employee - Cook in Rohnert Park, CA

I worked at Graton Resort & Casino full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful benefits and discounts. My co-workers were a blast to work with and I will miss them.

Cons

Pay was okay but not enough to stay in Sonoma County. It's really hard to find affordable housing.

Advice to Management

Offer more opportunities for advancement.

Oct 31, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and for you calling out some areas where we can continue to focus and improve. We wish you all the best with your future endeavors.