Great Clips Employee Reviews about "no set schedule"
71% would recommend to a friend
(80 total reviews)
80% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "I make good money working for Great Clips and look forward to working here for many more years." (in 170 reviews)
- "Great training and very stable." (in 105 reviews)
- "Flexible hours so I could go back to school and get a BA and an MA." (in 101 reviews)
- "Great for people who don't like doing chemical services ( I'm one of them)." (in 93 reviews)
- "Flexible schedules and plenty of customers makes time fly!" (in 84 reviews)
- "The pay is low and they have a high turnover due to the drugs in and out the shop!" (in 159 reviews)
- "Poor management and little to no training" (in 114 reviews)
- "general managers do absolutely nothing (I saw my Gm do THREE haircuts my entire time working" (in 79 reviews)
- "No set schedule but when you love what you do and your Co workers it's never just a day at work." (in 42 reviews)
- "We get short staffed and its hard to take time off" (in 36 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Great Clips and is not affected by filters.
Found 80 of over 4K reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "no set schedule"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Apr 20, 2015General ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsPittsburgh, PA
Structure, Guaranteed Clientelle, Tips, Ongoing education, Flexible Schedules, Working with GREAT People & Customers!
Great Clips is not for everyone. Some stylists don't like structure in a Company. Schedules change frequently for the trend of the customers and some stylists like a set schedule.
- 5.0Sep 5, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
Benefits,paid vacations,paid holidays, advancement opportunities! Great company to work for! They are always understanding and put their employees in the best situations for advancements
Not really. The only thing that people seem to have a hard time with is that it isn't a set schedule. But I like that better because it never gets boring
- 5.0Oct 4, 2018Salon ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsWinston-Salem, NC
Benefits, guaranteed clientele and amazing team atmosphere
No set schedule and working until 9 is hardGreat Clips Response6y
We appreciate everything that you and your team do in the salon to deliver the Great Clips brand!
- 5.0Nov 10, 2020Licensed CosmetologistCurrent EmployeeBowling Green, OH
Flexible hours, good management, incentives, great communication
Not a set schedule every weekGreat Clips Response4y
Thank you for sharing your experience working in the salon!
- 5.0Feb 28, 2019ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsGlen Burnie, MD
They are the salon industry’s largest growing brand! They have a base salary and then incentives you can hit daily or weekly depending on your franchisee. The customers are always there for you so no need to build a book of clients. It is a family like atmosphere, with continually training and advance placement! Great clips franchisees care about their employees and it shows!
They don’t have a set schedule so your schedule will change weekly to be flexible for the clients.Great Clips Response5y
Thank you for everything you do in the salon to deliver the Great Clips brand!
- 3.0Dec 17, 2022Assistant ManagerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsOrlando, FL
No chemical services Mostly men's quick cuts
Open 7 days a week No set schedule Do not feel appreciated Required to keep haircut average between 12-15 minutes Unable to be creative Building a clientele in impermissibleGreat Clips Response12mo
Since each salon is independently owned and operated, your franchisee would be the best person to address your concerns. Please contact them directly regarding any issues with employment.
- 5.0Nov 28, 2017Assistant Store ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Staff is very friendly, caring and energetic, very team oriented and helpful for you to grow to your goals and improve on techniques and product knowledge. Great customers who are very friendly and loyal.
No set schedule but when you love what you do and your Co workers it's never just a day at work.Great Clips Response7y
We appreciate that you are a valued member of a great team! Thank you.
- 5.0Dec 31, 2020Manager/StylistCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsFredericksburg, VA
Job stability,don't have to bring clients,pay and tips great
No set schedule and not always like minded coworkersGreat Clips Response3y
We appreciate everything that you and your team do in the salon each day! Thank you.
- 3.0Jul 22, 2016StylistCurrent EmployeeLouisville, KY
Nice clients. Depending on the day you can walk out with 40+ in tips.
You start out with 8.75 and after you become a masters you go up to 9.25. There are no raises unless you move up to management. Most employees have been there for years so its not easy to move up. Its hard to raise a family with this kind of income. Also there's no set schedule!Great Clips Response8y
Thank you for your comments. Since each salon is independently owned and operated by a franchisee, your concerns would be best addressed by them. If you'd like, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you are employed & details regarding your situation. We will forward it to your franchisee for follow up with you. Thank you again. We appreciate everything you do in the salon each day!
- 3.0Sep 3, 2019StylistCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
You might be lucky enough to make a second family. I love the girls I work with. Being payed hourly is always nice because even when your not working you get paid You will learn and grow especially if you have a good manger or other stylists are usually happy to help
You don’t get paid much and depending on your location my not make very good tips You will never have a set schedule and need to request days off for doctors appointments or anything serious. Understaffing is in almost every great clips and you’re expected to work ridiculous hours and pick up the slack of people that have left There’s a possibility they might try to move you to other salons after bonding with everyone in your home location. You have to take customers right up until it hits 9:00 which has you leaving late sometimes so if you have children this job may not Be the best for you No benefits It is a very fast paced environment, some people can handle it and some can’t.2Great Clips Response5y
Because each salon is independently owned and operated, your franchisee would be the best person to address your comments and feedback. If you would like, you can email email@example.com with the salon location where you are employed and details. We will provide it to your franchisee. If you prefer to be anonymous, please let us know. Thank you.