KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Great Expressions Dental Centers Hygienist Reviews

Updated Jan 21, 2022

Found 35 of over 408 reviews

3.2
Great Expressions Dental Centers President and CEO  Adesh Ramchandran  (no image)
Adesh Ramchandran
Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Great Expressions Dental Centers and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best job I've ever had

Jul 3, 2021 - Dental Hygienist RDH
    Business Outlook

Pros

It feels good to go into work and feel valued and appreciated. I've been with this company over 5 years and love going to work everyday. We have a hygiene mentor that always takes care of us!

Cons

Don't have much to say here

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Management

Jan 21, 2022 - Dental Hygienist in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The office I was, the dentist, co-workers and patients were amazing.

Cons

Salary and compensation, it is hard to get a rise

3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Horrible

Jan 4, 2022 - Dental Hygienist in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Literally nothing good about working here; It’s a horrible company

Cons

Unethical and untruthful company that does not value anyone or anything except for production. They even treat the doctors horrible

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Production

Oct 27, 2021 - Registered Dental Hygienist, RDH in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Health Insurance, 401K, disability insurance is available

Cons

They push production above all else. If you see a lot of DMO's your production will not be as high which will reflect in your compensation. The company fails to take in consideration, THEY receive a capitation check each month which they carry a DMO patient, but this is not reflected in your compensation.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company to work for

Jul 1, 2021 - Registered Dental Hygienist, RDH in Commack, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Expressions provides support, education and the opportunity for growth.

Cons

No cons in my book.

6. 5.0

Great great GREAT

Jul 1, 2021 - Dental Hygienist in Freeport, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Vacation time benefits and bonuses!

Cons

Must work at least 2 Saturdays a month

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Awesome company to work for!

May 24, 2021 - Registered Dental Hygienist in Denton, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great support, community atmosphere, competitive benefits, company has really gone the extra mile to take care of employees throughout pandemic.

Cons

We do get retirement/401K, but I would love to see matched contributions!

8. 1.0
    Former Employee

Avoid

Apr 6, 2021 - Dental Hygienist in Detroit, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

You may make some friends

Cons

They work you like slave. Prophy and perio apts are 20 minutes from the time they walk thru the office doors. They try to say they’re longer by putting them in 2 columns. New patients and srp you have 30 min. They also schedule patients very close to lunch and at the very end of the day so being on time for either is rare. Overall you feel like a hygiene slave. This sort of “see as many patients as you can” culture is making me want to leave hygiene.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Awful long days and so much running around

Feb 21, 2021 - Dental Hygienist in Bayonne, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Only job I found that was full time as a hygienist. I would've gotten benefits (don't know how good it bad they were though) if I hadn't quit so soon. Co-workers were not too friendly but they were nice.

Cons

I worked at the bayonne NJ branch for a week and then immediately put in my 2 weeks after that so I worked a total of 3 weeks. As a hygienist in this branch, they say you don't need to take the patient's x-rays or clean the room which sounded nice at first...but they work you like a DOG! You have 3 columns of scheduled patients every day that are staggered so you spend like 40-min or half hour per patient to clean them. This may not be too bad in a perfect world where there were always a clean patient chair ready to go or all the patients arrived on time, but most of the time, I ran around and typically half 20-30 min to clean each patient. Due to the nature of this office, all or most patients I saw needed a LOT of cleaning so 20-30 minutes probably only was good for 25-50% of their mouth, even for the case of SRP patients. The company's reasoning for triple booking hygienists were that they didn't make enough production. I felt so exhausted after work and even on the days I didn't work, I was in pain. It's NOT a good place to work in, you will just be running around all day scrambling. You shouldn't expect a promotion unless you do a really good job selling a bunch of electric toothbrushes and toothpaste and SRP's either. I was told from the office manager I would get my parking permit reimbursed since I paid for a whole year's parking permit but she never called or texted me after I left despite calling her so many times. She was 'nice' while I worked there but just left my hanging about that issue too. Oh, and you are looked down upon SEVERELY if you get sick and have to call out. The office manager was yelling on the phone at the vice office manager for calling out sick cause she got the flu. The OM was saying how she got the flu and she's still at work, like as if that's something to brag about. Besides being overworked, hearing that was pretty much the last straw.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 3.0

Corporate

Jan 23, 2021 - Dental Hygienist in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is an Okay place to work.

Cons

Corporate, corporate, corporate, corporate, corporate

Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Reviews