Find jobs for Patient Coordinator

Great Expressions Dental Centers Patient Coordinator Reviews

Updated Nov 6, 2021

Found 27 of over 408 reviews

3.7
Great Expressions Dental Centers President and CEO  Adesh Ramchandran  (no image)
Adesh Ramchandran
1 Rating
Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Great Expressions Dental Centers and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Interesting staff

Jan 21, 2021 - Patient Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Staff Events, Paid Training

Cons

The division I worked in was not always honest with the patients when it came to finances.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Benefits, Staff Could Use Some Help...

Nov 6, 2021 - Patient Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at two locations in my time with this company. The first location's manager was great until she moved on to other things. The manager that replaced her had no idea what she was doing and all training for me stopped. The other girls wouldn't help me. The second location's manager was great. The benefits are also great. Free dental insurance and cleanings and fillings are free. Everything else is discounted. You can also opt for life insurance, 401k, vision, etc. Amazing.

Cons

Everybody is kind of in a clique. The front desk people. The hygienists. The doctors. The managers. There are even cliques in the cliques. The pay is also bad. I actually came across a document showing everybody's pay (which shouldn't have been accessible in the first place) and there were HUGE discrepancies. I suppose me having seen that document made me a liability so I got fired.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

Dec 22, 2020 - Patient Coordinator in Pittsfield, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible and well maintained office

Cons

Nothing comes to mind as of yet

4. 3.0
    Former Employee

salary

Dec 15, 2020 - Patient Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The hours were good at the office

Cons

The in office management was not good

5. 2.0

Not worth it

Oct 4, 2020 - Patient Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Job is easy enough- training is adequate.

Cons

Pay could be much better- I don't think they treat their customers that well.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best office in Great Expressions

Sep 4, 2020 - Patient Coordinator in Shelby Township, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

I see the other reviews and they are the polar opposite from what I've experienced as a new employee. The Shelby office manager Jamie is beyond fantastic. She was very thorough with training and is always available to answer any questions I have regarding insurance and other odds and ends. She's fantastic at dealing with patients including the difficult ones. She comes in early and stays late whenever it is necessary and puts in the extra effort at every turn. The lead hygienist Sarah is very thorough and direct with patients and they respond very well to her. She has an upbeat personality and is great at explaining treatment plans. She's always always willing to jump on the front desk when we're getting slammed and help out with incoming and outgoing calls. Jennifer is only at The office part time but for someone who works as an unassisted hygienist, she gets the job done everytime and had a very call demeanor patients respond well to. We get an hour lunch half way through our shift and have never been asked or expected to work through lunches. The pay is extremely competitive and more than fair, especially when you're brand new to the industry. The benefits are really good and the dental coverage is absolutely fantastic. This is the first job I've had in a long time that I enjoy going to every day.

Cons

Some patients can be very difficult and unfriendly but the calmer and more helpful you are with them, the easier it gets.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good for starting out

Jun 3, 2020 - Patient Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Paid time off, medical insurance, free dental services, and great coworkers. Learned a lot about the dental field.

Cons

Underpaid and overworked, typical corporate mentality. Always focused on the numbers rather than the patients. Little room for growth

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not worth it, apply elsewhere

Aug 19, 2019 - Patient Care Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly hygienists, doctors, and their assistants.

Cons

Owners are stuck up and NOT friendly, horrible training program, not flexible AT ALL, owners are not understanding, one certain location has a toxic and highly inappropriate work environment. I personally dreaded going to work because of the environment. At the very least, you want to enjoy the work environment.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Patient Coordinator

Jul 30, 2018 - Patient Coordinator in Decatur, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

GEDC has great Benefits and room for growth with in the company.

Cons

No cons at so far so good.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

Jul 18, 2018 - Patient Coordinator in Kennesaw, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is a great work environment and everyone is like family.

Cons

I don't have any complaints.

1 person found this review helpful