Great Expressions Dental Centers Reviews | Glassdoor

Richard E. Beckman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Patient Coordinator"

I have been working at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time

Pros

They do highly care about patient treatment and satisfaction. Not all doctors are not fresh out of school which is a big plus for the offices, unlike other corporate dentistry offices. I work in a great one so I have a lot of pros I could name, but they're specific to my office dynamic that may not be the same for all. If you don't miss any work in a quarter they'll paid you an extra 8 hours bonus quarterly.

Cons

Healthcare is too expensive. They need lower costs especially since they have over 200 offices nation wide. They actually give you a "dental insurance plan " for free. You can add dependents, but you'll have a maximum and percentage covered like a standard PPO insurance. Technically dental work for employees should be free. If any lab fees occur, then it'll be the employee's responsibility. You earn your "pto/vacation" hours but you don't accumulate sick days. They don't recognize being paid while sick. Their system sucks, they need to change all of that. They don't ask for employees opinions or suggestions regarding their satisfaction of the company, management, or benefits.They need a better incentive program. Uniforms suck. You have to purchase the shirts and cardigans throw their embroidery companies which are expensive, can only wear only 3 colors.

Advice to Management

Ask for employees input.

2. "PA"

Current Employee - Office Manager
    Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Staff is very kind and helpful.

Cons

The computer system needs to be more simplified.

"RDH"

Current Employee - Rdh in Gainesville, GA
    Current Employee - Rdh in Gainesville, GA

I have been working at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The opportunity to partner with large network of dental healthcare professionals to make a positive difference.
    Competitive benefits.
    Continuing ED opportunities.
    The VP of operations for the North region is an amazing business leader who has always had an open door policy with me. Along with the North dental hygiene director who constantly advocates quality customer care I have been thankful for their leadership .
    Our jobs/professions are no better than the very best we give them.

Cons

There are aways areas in professional communities to improve. I feel GEDC does strive to find those areas to improve on.
    Yes, seems to have a large turn over BUT, is it necessarily the company or could it be the individual employees? ( That's one to give some thought to anyway)

Advice to Management

Continue to be connected to those of us on the front line.

4. "Can Learn A Lot"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Place to Learn and Grow

Cons

Insurance is High, Pay isn't where it should be

Advice to Management

Look at taking care of your good employees

5. "Just stay away"

Current Employee - EFDA
    Current Employee - EFDA

Pros

None I don't recommend working for them

Cons

Lie ,no employee apretition,overwork ,underpay

Advice to Management

Listen to employees

"Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Pros

Competitive wages, free dental care (preventive and minor restorative) for employees and their immediate family members, nutrition and fitness instruction is free and done by a wellness coordinator, low cost yoga classes available at PSC, many community opportunities.

Cons

The health insurance is fairly costly and comes with really high deductibles, some of the management is fairly clique-y

Advice to Management

Lower cost health insurance with lower deductibles would be fantastic. Also, more than 2 sick days for salaried employees as you tend to get sick at least 3 days a year, especially if you have children in school bringing home germs.

Great Expressions Dental Centers Response

Aug 1, 2017 – Vice President of Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback and comments. I am glad to hear you are taking advantage of our awesome wellness programs! I love to see everyone joining the Fitness Friday Challenges and Free Fitness... More

"good for new grads and retirees"

Former Employee - Dental Assistant/Patient Coordinator in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant/Patient Coordinator in Tampa, FL

I worked at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great for new graduates, lots of room for growth

Cons

Compensation, nasty managers, very little training, lots of pressure from corporate.

"Great Environment for Those That Thrive in Change!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supportive leadership and strong base for change.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is the wait to receive vacation time.

Advice to Management

Nothing that I can think of

9. "Not so good, Not so bad"

I have been working at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time

Pros

Incredible staff at the mid and lower levels. Salary.

Cons

PTO and sick days are very low. Lack of 401k matching is depressing. Nothing is done to encourage taking time when you need it, no flexibility with work from home or flex-time. Left with the feeling that good salary = ownership over your life.

10. "Practice Administrator"

Current Employee - Practice Administrator in Rochester Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Practice Administrator in Rochester Hills, MI

Pros

Possibility for slight career advancement, bonus system in place but unclear to employees what they need to do i order to receive it/how much the bonus would be, friendly work environment

Cons

No 401k match, expensive medical insurance, No sick OR personal time, production comes before EVERYTHING. Bottom number takes precedence over every other aspect of this company. HIGH turnover rate. They hire you at a higher starting rate to get employees to accept the job but you can sometimes go 4+ years without any type of raise. They do not allow you to take any kind of unpaid vacation so if you don't have time, you are not allowed to take unpaid leave for a few days- this applies to both clerical and clinical staff (including doctors). When doctors take a vacation they are often asked when they can make it up (isn't that the point of a vacation??).

Advice to Management

Do more to make your employees happen and the rest will follow. If people come to work happy they will be more energetic, productive, and overall give patients a better experience. You wouldn't lose so many patients if that was the case. Patients notice the turnover, the unfamiliar faces, and unfortunately the inevitable misery on their faces. Patients are treated like it's a clinic but because hygienists need to 'hit their numbers', they base what times they will see certain patients on their type of insurance. (DMO's mid-day only, low production/PPO's, self-pay, and discount plans get the prime time's, morning and afternoon)

Great Expressions Dental Centers Response

Aug 1, 2017 – Vice President of Human Resources

Thanks for your comments. We are completely focused on ensuring our patients get a great experience and put patient experience ratings in the highest regard. We are deploying additional resources... More