Great Expressions Dental Centers Reviews

Updated May 24, 2022

Found 433 of over 443 reviews

3.1
Great Expressions Dental Centers President and CEO  Adesh Ramchandran  (no image)
Adesh Ramchandran

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

11h

works at

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Hey everyone, I’m wanting to transition to tech from healthcare. I have 5 years experience, working front office (clinic scheduling, admin etc), currently back office (referrals, prior authorizations) , I have basic medical billing/coding knowledge & also provider credentialing experience. Any recommendations for tech roles that could be a fit with my background? I do NOT want to be in customer service or call center type role if at all possible though.

6 Comments

Healthcare

31.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Great Expressions Dental Centers~268938
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Great Expressions Dental Centers and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Excellent

May 17, 2022 - Registered Dental Hygienist, RDH in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company cares about it employees. Great benefits. Great people and management

Cons

I don’t have any cons at this time. Love the company that I work for.

2. 4.0

1 year review

May 16, 2022 - AR Claims Specialist in Southfield, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Caring staff -Supervisor/Management does motivate you and make sure your concerns are heard -Very Flexible

Cons

I feel like they put too much on one person. I feel like there should more than one Team Lead in this dept. I also think when picking a TL the staff should be included when making a decision. I also feel the Claims Resolution team does not get credit for what we do accomplish from HR. Especially on the Town Hall meetings. I also feel like with all the effort we put into getting claims paid we should see a pay increase.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee

GEDC

May 16, 2022 - Claims Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Relaxed environment to work in due to being remote. In office the space is relaxing and inviting. They're always updating/improving rather its the office space or the computer systems .

Cons

Very high turnover especially when its comes to management/the Claims Resolution dept. Lack of pay increase even after yearly anniversaries. Completely took away bonuses and incentives, or choose randomly when they are available. Lack of acknowledgment for our hard work & efforts when it comes to working in the Claim Resolution Dept, the job can be very tedious and time consuming and we're constantly rush based off claim count/quota instead of revenue increase/AR decrease. Because they're is such a high turnover employees are forced to pick up extra responsibility without pay increase. A lot of time is wasted micromanaging employees.

4. 5.0

Overall Good Place To Work

May 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

- I love and appreciate my team members. They are responsive, constructive, and helpful. I count myself lucky to be working with such professionals. - Good pay, good benefits, and many opportunities for career development. The departments encourage and respect your desire to transfer and learn a new department. You can grow a lot in an environment like this.

Cons

- It would be great if they brought the 401k match back. I understand it was removed around the COVID outbreak, so I am hoping it will be reinstated in the next year or so.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

5 years and counting

May 16, 2022 - General Dentist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work overall. Good support for Doctors, and leadership. There are a lot of organized systems and protocols are in place.

Cons

They do not update their facilities as much as they should, for improved esthetics and appearances of the practices.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

May 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company provides security, excellent support, educational opportunities.

Cons

Truly can’t think of anything

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Culture

May 12, 2022 - Vice President
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company places tremendous value on being good to its employees. They spend a exorbitant amount of time on retaining great talent.

Cons

We sometimes keep the wrong people for too long before we cut ties.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Front desk

May 16, 2022 - Front Desk Receptionist in Decatur, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good manager Crystal Franklin ever.

Cons

Needs better communication between patients and providers.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Unequal pay

May 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Frequently promotes from within company

Cons

Low pay Will happily pay you less than your coworker to do the same job.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Apr 29, 2022 - Dental Hygienist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company, Great Pay, great environment

Cons

Not Flexible with Schedule The bonus structure is odd, never got one Too many charges for Patients

Viewing 1 - 10 of 433 Reviews

Great Expressions Dental Centers Reviews FAQs

Great Expressions Dental Centers has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 443 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at Great Expressions Dental Centers to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Great Expressions Dental Centers employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Great Expressions Dental Centers. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

55% of Great Expressions Dental Centers employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Great Expressions Dental Centers 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.8 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Great Expressions Dental Centers to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Great Expressions Dental Centers Job Seekers