Great Expressions Dental Centers Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Richard E. Beckman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • GEDC is a continuously growing company which I (in 6 reviews)

• fast paced, good pay, good benefits (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Not all upper management was bad, but highly influenced by other regional's decision/ intake (in 9 reviews)

• Pay rate is above market but no 401k match (in 5 reviews)

1. "Corporate dental enviroment"

I worked at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time

Pros

Benefits including health are good.

Cons

All corporate disadvantages including red tape.

2. "It's all about the money"

I worked at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will have full time opportunities

Cons

Poor management
    Health Insurance not good
    They're about patient quantity not quality

Advice to Management

Get a clue with what you're doing, and train your front office staff so they understand what is happening clinically with the hygienists, assistants and doctors. Focus on quality of patient care not quantity.

3. "Poor Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Great Expressions Dental Centers (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Engagement in patient care
    -Working with new providers
    not too many pros

Cons

-HORRIBLE UPPER MANAGEMENT
    Not all upper management was bad, but highly influenced by other regional's decision/ intake. Regionals in general lacked proper leadership to lead their practices.

Advice to Management

Do not create a division among your employees. Employee engagement and appreciation goes a long way to keep good employees around.

"Horrible Management"

Former Employee - Patient Coordinator in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Patient Coordinator in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are BARELY any pros. The only thing I can think of is the fact that they pay good and have good bonuses. That’s all really.

Cons

At least the office I worked at, the manager was horrible. She was extremely lazy, rude, and doesn’t know anything about her job. Doesn’t know how to manage the staff or treat patients. I loved the other staff and couldn’t have lasted with this company if it weren’t for them. The Dr seemed very “fake” and would try to act nice only because they had to. He/she was also rude and made everyone hate their life working in this company. He/she wasn’t even good at what they do. Patients were always coming back complaining and in pain. Everything is over priced and all this company cares about is money. Benefits suck too. This company does not care at all about their employees. I have never been this happy to quit a job and it has been the best decision I have made.

Advice to Management

Seriously, hire better managers. They are the ones who set the pillars for success in the offices and lead to better patient experience. Whoever has been hiring these “managers” really needs to rethink all they’ve known. Bad managers lead to a bad team. Good managers lead to a good team. Its simple.

"Stay Positive, Work Hard, Make it Happen"

Current Employee - Leader in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Leader in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like having work autonomy and the fact I am not micro managed by upper management which shows GEDC has trust in my abilities. I have access to mentorship when I seek it out. GEDC has proactive career meetings to keep you engaged. I have a good immediate boss that leads by example. I have seen the company work to improve health and wellness activities, increase good performance recognition, add better training programs, focus on quality of hiring and employee retention and process improvement specifically in the last 2 years of me working at the company compared to years past.

Cons

Health benefits are still a work in progress and there is still no 401K match yet which can be a large concern for employees pursuing this company for a long term career path and not just a few years.

Advice to Management

Finding better Health insurance alternatives would be a positive move sooner rather than later. Continuing to find ways to identify and target the high performing positive / productive employees who show up each day on time with a good mindset vs. the ones who get terminated and "1 star" the company on GlassDoor.com on their way out... Good Employees are here every day saying great things about GEDC and are getting more recognized for their efforts, but I feel there should be more to retain high performers as there are a lot of competitors out there offering great comp/benefits packages as well making it hard to stay long term.

6. "This company only cares about money"

I have been working at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like my co-workers they make it pleasant to come to work.

Cons

They have the worst dental software that they created. It does not make any sense. It's what holds up part of the appointment for the patient.
    They over charge for example; they always include cavity liner if it wasn't used. I feel like it cheats the patient. I can't understand why patients come back to this place.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees, make a better software that is user friendly.

"Decent"

Former Employee - Patient Coordinator in Sterling Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Patient Coordinator in Sterling Heights, MI

I worked at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fast paced, good pay, good benefits

Cons

terrible hours, rude co-workers, entitled co-workers

Advice to Management

stop letting people do whatever they please and treating other employees like crap. also, switching shirt every other day and having to start at 645 am the day after working til 830 sometimes 9 is just unfair and is mentally and physically exhausting.

8. "Employee moral sucks"

I worked at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time

Pros

They feed you often

Cons

Employees moral sucks. They do not care about the people that put the most work in. Management hasn’t a clue of what they are doing.

Advice to Management

Do your job!

"Work Place Behavior"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

I worked at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My co-workers were the best!

Cons

Inappropriate relationships between the Doctors that disrupts the daily flow of business. So unprofessional and they were never held accountable for their reckless actions.

Advice to Management

Get those Doctors out of the Snellville location they are ruining the business.

Great Expressions Dental Centers Response

Sep 25, 2017 – Vice President of Human Resources

We are always open to listening to concerns or suggestions for improvements you may have. Currently we do not have any calls from Team Members looking to report anything from our Snellville... More

"Could have predicted this corporate debacle:) years ago..."

Former Employee - Rdh in Palm Harbor, FL
    Former Employee - Rdh in Palm Harbor, FL

I worked at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

benefits are provided for those RDH's willing to keep their production numbers up...pushing unethical and overwhelming patient treatment plans...if numbers are not what management deems acceptable then termination is likely to occur

Cons

pushing patients into treatment which is oftentimes unnecessary, employment is based on production or lack thereof.... there is no sense of job security here.. establishing a long term trusting relationship with the patient is difficult because one must continuously push patients into a corner to make unrealistic production goals.... must drink the corporate Koolaid

Advice to Management

Get back to what patients desire, compassion, exemplary care and most of all trust. These are at the cornerstones of a successful dental practice, it's not all about the money, but then again this is corporate dentistry:(