Cover image for Great Expressions Dental Centers

51% Recommend to a Friend
61% Approve of CEO

Found 473 of over 484 reviews

3.2
Great Expressions Dental Centers President and CEO  Adesh Ramchandran  (no image)
Adesh Ramchandran

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

78.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Great Expressions Dental Centers~268938
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Great Expressions Dental Centers and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I love what I do!

Aug 18, 2022 - Doctor Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

I couldn't ask for a better group of people to work with on a day to day basis. Do we have it all together, no, but what company does? Are there people striving to make a difference every day, yes absolutely! I love the fact that even though we are 300+ office strong, we somehow continue to have that family owned feeling. It's pretty easy to do my job when the company I represent is something I believe in. I couldn't recruit for them if I didn't. Some may think this is a con but I don't; we are just picky about who we add to our awesome GEDC family lol! Our interview process is a little lengthy 2-3 interviews before we give our final seal of approval!

Cons

Like I said, do we have it all together, no, but we realize that and are always working to make improvements. 1. We could improve on effective communication between departments. 2. We don't have 401k company matching, otherwise our benefits are pretty good. 3. There is definitely growth within the company but the path to said growth isn't crystal clear. 4. retention is always on a companies radar - increase the amount of recognition for those doing a great job. It could be in person, via company communication, our website, etc.

2. 4.0

GEDC

Nov 10, 2022 - Corporate
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed my time working at Great Expressions. I was able to learn and grow during the time I was there. My coworkers were pleasant and supportive.

Cons

I can't think of too many cons as I was there a short time.

3. Join the Great Expressions Dental Centers team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee

No salary increase unless office makes production

Nov 5, 2022 - Patient Care Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good teamwork and management (at times)

Cons

The salary increases are based on office production. No dental assistant? No patients booked. No patients? No production. No production? Leave office early and don't even make what you are supposed to, let alone pay raise!

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Former Assistant

Oct 17, 2022 - Dental Assistant in Fayetteville, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you’re looking for a decent pay, this will be a good opportunity

Cons

Long hours and sometimes they will work you through lunch or you may not have a lunch at all

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Warning: look at other options

Nov 1, 2022 - Front Office Assistant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Paid overtime Most dentists are cool Most Non managerial staff are good people

Cons

You work alone. Even if there is a manager 8 feet from you , you work alone, 4 phone lines, checking patients, checking out , insurance verification daily, hourly, all day.

7. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

The worst upper management

Oct 25, 2022 - Operations Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

decent work hours, room for growth

Cons

Upper management is sneaky and is never upfront about changes, Raises hard to get, PTO policy's strange, no support from upper management

8. 1.0

Don't do it

Nov 12, 2022 - Dentist
    Business Outlook

Pros

None really. They will force you to drink the kool-aide!

Cons

Everything about the company is horrible. It's micromanager at its finest!

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Run From This Company

Nov 1, 2022 - General Dentist in Riverview, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

They say they are very doctor focused

Cons

When they say jump, they expect you to say how high. They never give options, just do it this day, this time with no care/concern as to your time

10. 4.0

Average place to work

Sep 24, 2022 - Patient Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice coworkers and management where I worked

Cons

Sometimes there can be miscommunication between employees and management

11. 3.0

Great for entering field

Oct 9, 2022 - Front Desk Receptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, PTO, sick days, retirement benefits

Cons

They can take advantage & not want to give a raise.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 473 Reviews
</>Embed

Great Expressions Dental Centers Reviews FAQs

Great Expressions Dental Centers has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 484 reviews left anonymously by employees. 51% of employees would recommend working at Great Expressions Dental Centers to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Great Expressions Dental Centers employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Great Expressions Dental Centers. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

51% of Great Expressions Dental Centers employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Great Expressions Dental Centers 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Great Expressions Dental Centers to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Great Expressions Dental Centers Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Great Expressions Dental Centers? Share Your Experiences

Great Expressions Dental Centers logo

Reviews by Job Title

Great Expressions Dental Centers Photos

+ Add Photo
Great Expressions Dental Centers photo of: Feeding Children Everywhere Charity Event
Great Expressions Dental Centers photo of: Our Willow Creek Office
Great Expressions Dental Centers photo of: GEDC Offices enjoy hosting Open Houses, allowing the community to come in tour the office, and meet the doctors!
Great Expressions Dental Centers photo of: GEDC is a proud sponsor of Missions of Mercy Free Dental Clinics
Great Expressions Dental Centers photo of: Great Expressions in the Detroit Renaissance Center
Great Expressions Dental Centers photo of: Great Expressions donated over 400 backpacks to local schools in April 2016, in honor of National Children's Dental Health Month

Expert Career Advice

Aspen Dental

3.4

2,144 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 484 Great Expressions Dental Centers reviews submitted anonymously by Great Expressions Dental Centers employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Great Expressions Dental Centers is right for you.