KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Great Expressions Dental Centers

Is this your company?

Great Expressions Dental Centers

Add a Review

Great Expressions Dental Centers Employee Reviews about "doctors"

Updated Jan 20, 2021

Found 14 of over 392 reviews

3.2
Great Expressions Dental Centers President and CEO  Adesh Ramchandran  (no image)
Adesh Ramchandran
Pros
  • "CE courses and great specialty doctors to work with(in 14 reviews)

• "GEDC has great Benefits and room for growth with in the company(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management doesn't seem to care about employees and often puts people the wrong people in management positions(in 17 reviews)

• "I worked at one in Macomb county and they kept going through dentist after(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Great Expressions Dental Centers and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "doctors"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Working for GEDC

Sep 17, 2018 - Operations Manager in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for GEDC for 8 years and it was the best decision I ever made. I have built so many personal and professional relationships with GEDC and it has not only made me a better person, but a better employee as well. I have been blessed with great doctors and coworkers who make the work place fun and exciting. My supervisors are amazing and are very understanding to our family needs because they too have families. I trust that they always have my back and it only serves to make me strive harder to be the best I can be. GEDC saw potential in me when I was just a PC and gave me the tools I needed to grow to be the OM I am today. I wouldn't change jobs for anything in the world because of how understandable they are. I love what I do and who I work for.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about Great Expressions Dental Centers

2. 4.0

Working at Great Expressions

Jan 20, 2021 - Dental Assistant in Port St Lucie, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-workers and doctors. Love working with patients.

Cons

Very busy schedule. Very pack waiting area. Patients would come in upset because of waiting time

3. 3.0

Decent Benefits

Aug 29, 2020 - Dentist in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

CE courses and great specialty doctors to work with.

Cons

Very confusing pay structure. Assistants weren’t trained. Took a while for equipment to be fixed.

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

You have to love what you do to stay here

Sep 26, 2019 - Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits Doctors are great

Cons

Communication isn't good Force to take CE course without assistance with pay

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not worth it, apply elsewhere

Aug 19, 2019 - Patient Care Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly hygienists, doctors, and their assistants.

Cons

Owners are stuck up and NOT friendly, horrible training program, not flexible AT ALL, owners are not understanding, one certain location has a toxic and highly inappropriate work environment. I personally dreaded going to work because of the environment. At the very least, you want to enjoy the work environment.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Orthodontic Assostant

Aug 11, 2018 - Orthodontic Assistant in Woodhaven, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. Great Doctor Great Co-Workers.

Cons

Pay rate is a little on the low side.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee

Can be a stressful place to work

Jul 27, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The doctor and assistants are friendly.

Cons

The company itself is cheap, don't hire enough staff. Turnover rate super high. Often feel overworked.

1 person found this review helpful

Director of Recruitment

We're so disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience at Great Expressions. Turnover is always something we're working on and I'd love to get your direct feedback on how we can do better as an organization to make each team member successful in their role. If you are open to a conversation, please reach out to me at paul.talbot@greatexpressions.com. I understand if you just want to move on, but I hope you take me up on the offer. Thank you for your service to Great Expressions.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Corrupt corporation with no regard for employees.

Jun 9, 2017 - Associate Dentist in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company offers decent benefits including medical insurance as well as malpractice insurance for the doctors. Doctors also get a meager base pay.

Cons

Great Expressions basically financially punishes their doctors for resigning. They require a 60 day final notice period after turning in your resignation, and they expect you to go that entire two months with no pay at all! I literally worked the last sixty days and was told I wasn't owed anything at the end. They have completely unethical business practices! Upper "corporate" management obviously does not care the employees in the practices at all. The office was completely understaffed with no assistant or hygienist. The office manager was at one point an assistant, and they required her to act as an assistant even though she did not have an active license, which is, of course, illegal. Also, the office suffered from an extremely low patient base with zero foot traffic, and GEDC did nothing to increase the flow of patient through the office. Also, their proprietary charting software "Dental Vision" is abysmal, slow, and incredibly outdated.

7 people found this review helpful

Vice President of Human Resources

Dr. I am sorry you still feel you were not paid. We did send you explanation of your last payments. You did receive payments for your work performed. Additional deductions were made to deduct things like a signing bonus, which you authorized us to do rather than writing a check back to us. If you do not meet your requirements of your contract for length of employment you do not keep a signing bonus. You are welcome to call me again for an additional call if you want to discuss further.

9. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Lack of Operation Leadership

Dec 30, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield Hills, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

At PSC/Corporate, you do not need a degree to grow in this company. Good way for a young doctor to get years under his belt. Free Dental.

Cons

Terrible leadership especially from the operational vice president level. COO and CEO are not willing to standardize any procedures from state to state making it hard for people at corporate to have any SOP. Lack of ethics in leadership. 20% turn over at office level MONTHLY. Lack of diversity in our office. Only one man in HR. Very little minorities. Bottom line company. Company does not pay any of our insurance and does not match 401k.

3 people found this review helpful

CEO

I think you need to go to your supervisor or HR and discuss your issues with them or if you have specific events or ideas what we can do to change for the better. Obviously an event occurred to make you upset. They are there to help you. By the way there is no "Corporate". The PSC is there to assist the offices in any operational difficulties. Perhaps you don't understand that function.

10. 1.0
      Current Employee

Not what I expected

Jun 22, 2015 - Practice Administrator
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love my team. I have a great doctor and great staff. I like a good portion of my patients. I rarely have to work on Saturday.

Cons

It is all about the money. I cannot stress it enough, it is all about the money. It doesn't matter whether staff are killing themselves to get everything done as long as the profit margin looks good the bosses will keep doing what they're doing. Office budgets are cut and cut so we barely squeak by but are expected to produce more and more profits so the area and regional managers make more money in their bonuses. Staff haven't gotten raises in 5+ years even though the company has recently had its best months. They hire office staff that have no dental experience and then expect them to jump right in and know what they're doing after a week or two (if you're lucky) of training. Dental assistants are not respected or encouraged so the experienced ones leave and the new ones aren't trained and are just warm bodies. We're expected to enjoy charging patients a ridiculous amount of money and get scolded if we negotiate at all BUT are also required to have high customer service and patient comments. 75% of the people in my region are looking for other jobs because its getting so hard to come to work everyday.

6 people found this review helpful

CEO

If you have specific comments about supplies you need to let your clinical partner know. We want to make sure each and every office has the appropriate supplies to operate efficiently.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews