Great Expressions Dental Centers Employee Reviews about "gedc"

Updated Aug 25, 2019

3.1
Great Expressions Dental Centers President and CEO  Adesh Ramchandran  (no image)
Adesh Ramchandran
Pros
  • "GEDC has great Benefits and room for growth with in the company(in 11 reviews)

• "Good hours, good benefits, thats about it honestly(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management in the Texas region has Zero appreciation for current employees or their efforts(in 16 reviews)

• "I worked at one in Macomb county and they kept going through dentist after(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "gedc"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Working for GEDC"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been working for GEDC for 8 years and it was the best decision I ever made. I have built so many personal and professional relationships with GEDC and it has not only made me a better person, but a better employee as well. I have been blessed with great doctors and coworkers who make the work place fun and exciting. My supervisors are amazing and are very understanding to our family needs because they too have families. I trust that they always have my back and it only serves to make me strive harder to be the best I can be. GEDC saw potential in me when I was just a PC and gave me the tools I needed to grow to be the OM I am today. I wouldn't change jobs for anything in the world because of how understandable they are. I love what I do and who I work for.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about Great Expressions Dental Centers

"Horrible"

1.0
    Former Employee - Operations Manager

I worked at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I want to say something positive. Really, I do. I worked for GEDC for 13 years.

Cons

The culture is horrible. They fired the 2nd CEO. Currently, there is no CEO. Because GEDC has such a bad reputation, many other DSO will not consider a current or former GEDC employee. Stay away from this sinking ship.

3. "Practice Admin"

Current Employee - Practice Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Awesome co-workers and great benefits

Cons

I wish everyone loved GEDC like I do!

"Patient Coordinator"

Current Employee - Patient Coordinator in Decatur, GA

I have been working at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time for less than a year

Pros

GEDC has great Benefits and room for growth with in the company.

Cons

No cons at so far so good.

Continue reading

"Stay Positive, Work Hard, Make it Happen"

Current Employee - Leader in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I like having work autonomy and the fact I am not micro managed by upper management which shows GEDC has trust in my abilities. I have access to mentorship when I seek it out. GEDC has proactive career meetings to keep you engaged. I have a good immediate boss that leads by example. I have seen the company work to improve health and wellness activities, increase good performance recognition, add better training programs, focus on quality of hiring and employee retention and process improvement specifically in the last 2 years of me working at the company compared to years past.

Cons

Health benefits are still a work in progress and there is still no 401K match yet which can be a large concern for employees pursuing this company for a long term career path and not just a few years.

"RDH"

4.0
    Current Employee - Rdh in Gainesville, GA

I have been working at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The opportunity to partner with large network of dental healthcare professionals to make a positive difference. Competitive benefits. Continuing ED opportunities. The VP of operations for the North region is an amazing business leader who has always had an open door policy with me. Along with the North dental hygiene director who constantly advocates quality customer care I have been thankful for their leadership . Our jobs/professions are no better than the very best we give them.

Cons

There are aways areas in professional communities to improve. I feel GEDC does strive to find those areas to improve on. Yes, seems to have a large turn over BUT, is it necessarily the company or could it be the individual employees? ( That's one to give some thought to anyway)

Continue reading

"Corrupt corporation with no regard for employees."

1.0
    Former Employee - Associate Dentist in Austin, TX

I worked at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company offers decent benefits including medical insurance as well as malpractice insurance for the doctors. Doctors also get a meager base pay.

Cons

Great Expressions basically financially punishes their doctors for resigning. They require a 60 day final notice period after turning in your resignation, and they expect you to go that entire two months with no pay at all! I literally worked the last sixty days and was told I wasn't owed anything at the end. They have completely unethical business practices! Upper "corporate" management obviously does not care the employees in the practices at all. The office was completely understaffed with no assistant or hygienist. The office manager was at one point an assistant, and they required her to act as an assistant even though she did not have an active license, which is, of course, illegal. Also, the office suffered from an extremely low patient base with zero foot traffic, and GEDC did nothing to increase the flow of patient through the office. Also, their proprietary charting software "Dental Vision" is abysmal, slow, and incredibly outdated.

Great Expressions Dental Centers Response

Vice President of Human Resources

Dr. I am sorry you still feel you were not paid. We did send you explanation of your last payments. You did receive payments for your work performed. Additional deductions were made to deduct things like a signing bonus, which you authorized us to do rather than writing a check back to us. If you do not meet your requirements of your contract for length of employment you do not keep a signing bonus. You are welcome to call me again for an additional call if you want to discuss further.

"Office manager"

4.0
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Flint, MI

Pros

Working at GEDC has been a wonderful experience. My office feels like family, and the AOM always tries to make sure we have what we need.

Cons

It is hard to find temps to fill positions when other employees are out. It can get overwhelming

Continue reading

"Your Job is what YOU make it..."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at Great Expressions Dental Centers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Let me just say this. Every company is going to have bad reviews wrote by disgruntled employees, so you need to take what you see with a grain of salt. Sadly our current generation feels entitled to high pay and less hours. Working for Great Expressions has taught me a lot about the industry that I was not able to learn at another DSO. There are a ton of tenured employees within the company that you can always reach out to if you have questions about anything. The sky is the limit with this company and you can start at the bottom and move to the top...if you put fourth your best effort. Compared to other DSO's GEDC works most similar to a private practice. Most offices have a family like environment, and they do not force products down patient's throats. Some reviews make mention that this is the case, but remember, it is all about who is running the office. Unfortunately for every company they are exposed to below average employees, and when this is the case an office will perform poorly. You must remember that GEDC is not the problem, but the bad apples are the ones to blame. Great Expressions is a great place to start and end your dental career depending on your goals. GEDC is not for everyone just like working IT at Apple isn't for everyone. As an employee you need to deliver on what you signed up for, work your hardest, and the results will not go unnoticed. I see other people that mention that they have went to private practice for "higher pay" and it makes me laugh at times. Private practice has a ceiling and you cannot move up from there. Do you want to be an assistant for the rest of your life? What are your long term goals? Think about these things before taking a job, and see how GEDC will help you meet your end goal. The benefits package is geared towards young adults and includes an option for an HSA. For me this is great. I can contribute money towards an HSA to reduce my taxable income (better for you come tax return time) and use that money to pay for co-pays.

Cons

DSO's are not for everyone like I mentioned above. Do your research and know where YOU want to be in 2, 5, and 10 years and see if GEDC makes sense for you. Don't sign on just to get a paycheck and then complain a year later when you do not receive a raise for mediocrity. Your job is what you make it!

"Great Company"

I have been working at Great Expressions Dental Centers

Pros

Overall great company. I enjoy being a part of the GEDC team. There are opportunities to advance and it's a great place to build a career.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say - overall I am very happy working for Great Expressions Dental Centers. Great company!

Great Expressions Dental Centers Response