Great Harvest "bakery" Reviews | Glassdoor

Great Harvest Employee Reviews about "bakery"

Updated Aug 27, 2018

3.7
Great Harvest CEO Mike Ferretti (no image)
Mike Ferretti
Pros
  • "Free bread, fun environment, little stress(in 5 reviews)

• "great perks such as free products and holiday bonuses and flexible hours especially for those going to school or with other jobs(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "low pay, high volume in inconsistent intervals, high turnover rate of employees after you train them(in 4 reviews)

• "Bakery equipment would break and it was not fixed, and management did not deal with major health and safety concerns(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "bakery"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Creative, fun, hometown job"

Former Employee - Baker in Bellingham, WA

I worked at Great Harvest full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast moving, physical work with teamwork at its best, great interactivity with clientele and community involvement through school tours and donations.

Cons

Early hours (duh! It's a bakery)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Great Harvest2017-02-13
  2. "Great college part-time job"

Former Employee - Sweets Baker

I worked at Great Harvest part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great bread and sweets. I really enjoyed the energy of the people I worked with

Cons

Bakery equipment would break and it was not fixed, and management did not deal with major health and safety concerns.

Great Harvest2018-08-27
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Great place to work - Great Harvest Meridian Idaho (off fairview between cloverdale and eagle roads)"

Baker in Boise, ID

I worked at Great Harvest

Pros

I've really enjoyed my time at great harvest meridian. Wil Wood, the owner, is a stellar individual with a great attitude. If you don't like the corporate feel of jobs with large companies, then you'll love this place. It's a small atmosphere with a good vibe. I was a bread baker and Wally, the scheduler, was very flexible and accommodating. All of the employees are a blast to work around and the baking products are... SO GOOD.

Cons

Waking up at 3am kind of ruins the evening before a shift. But it's still fun. Also, cleaning the bakery after a shift is often a drag. But it's probably because I often didn't get a good sleep the night before. I was more like a zombie walking around the bakery. Also, there aren't many career opportunities unless you plan to go open up your own bakery somewhere.

Advice to Management

Perhaps it'd be nice if there was an extra shift for cleaning the bakery? But then again, probably not. Because the bakers need to know where everything is. Overall, great place to work.

Great Harvest2015-08-10
  5. "Overall work experience and atmosphere is great!"

I have been working at Great Harvest full-time for less than a year

Pros

Early morning hours work for those with families or currently enrolled in school!

Cons

Very small bakery, everyone is constantly bumping into each other. Also the lack of management, there is no one in charge

Advice to Management

Keep religion and politics out of the work environment.

Great Harvest2015-01-01