Great HealthWorks Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ken Meares

Pros
Cons
  • There are no cons to working here (in 2 reviews)

• This is a horrible company and they need to come of BET and all other media advertising there company cause they are robbing these poor people (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"What a great decision"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Manager
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Manager

I have been working at Great HealthWorks full-time

Pros

Great Healthworks cares about me, and I know it. When speaking of my career here, Great Healthworks has shown me unbelievable support in building and strengthening my team as well as my personal growth. It is my priority to develop this team and empower this team to be successful. It is my privilege to get them to where they want to be in their careers. With the work we do, GHW allows me to do just that.
    Since joining GHW, I've had the opportunity to expand and provide quality services throughout many aspects of the company. Along the way, working alongside the various departments and people within them continues to prove to be invaluable.
    Understanding and seeing the level of care from the top of the organization and all of its staff does resonate well. This level of care allows me to see what having great health and wellness is all about. That type of commitment has allowed me to see why caring about a person's health, and wellness changes a person’s life for the better. GHW does everything it can for its employees, and of course, all of its customers and I can appreciate that!

Cons

GHW can move at a fast pace but never does it leave anyone behind.

2. "Wonderful Workplace"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Great HealthWorks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Healthworks is dedicated to their employees. The work environment is pleasant and warm. Senior Management is constantly working to develop and improve the workplace. Our human resources department is directly involved with employees and reaches out for new ideas and suggestions.There is so room for growth and promotions. As an employee, I feel involved and accomplished leaving my desk each evening. GHW is not just a job, its become a second home to me.

Cons

The only downfall would be healthy food options for employees for breakfast and lunch. The surrounding area doesn't have many choices for affordable healthy food and many employees prefer not to leave the campus for lunches so the idea of a cafeteria or some healthy grab and go items would be perfect

Mar 9, 2017 – Human Resources Recruiter

Thank you so much for this awesome review. We thrive to create a culture where everyone is involved with the growth and success of the company. It is important that our staff believe in us, because ... More

"Not a rewarding job"

Former Employee - Retention Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Retention Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Great HealthWorks (More than a year)

Pros

At least it's a Full Time job while working remotely

Cons

The Salary was too low since you'll be working for a third party agency like DreamReach Virtuals. They have a huge cut out of the salary you supposed to have

Advice to Management

Just simply eliminate this 3rd party agencies who just took off the huge portion of your employees salary or at least make a big time adjustment on salary

5. "Great HealthWorks Great Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Great HealthWorks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working at Great Healthworks the CEO Mr. Meares is very personable, he greets everyone and walks around just to say hello he really treats employees like they are family.I have worked with many corporations and law firms in the past and this is the first corporation I truly feel valued.

Cons

The traffic from Fort Lauderdale in the evening is really bad takes me one hour every day to get home.

Advice to Management

I would encourage management to continue showing appreciation and encouraging a positive working environment.

6. "Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Great HealthWorks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaborative, fast-paced environment with accessible senior leadership. 401-k plan with company match, paid time off. Very clean office and campus. Opportunities to advance.

Cons

no onsite cafeteria but they are working on this. nearby parking can be a challenge due to growth but they use a shuttle if you need to park at a lot away from your building.

Mar 9, 2017 – Human Resources Recruiter

Thank you for the helpful review. Collaboration is our favorite word and teamwork is very important to us. We are constantly reviewing our benefits and look forward to continuously providing great ... More

"Great environment, several opportunities for growth!!"

Current Employee - Senior Compliance Analyst in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Compliance Analyst in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Great HealthWorks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Founder & Co Founder interacts with employees on a daily basis, very welcoming & keeps an open door policy
    - family orientated
    -safe and secure work environment
    -state of the art technology
    -Opportunities for career advancement
    -continuing education company wide

Cons

I didn't find this place sooner!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job!!!

"TERIBLE COMPNAY TO WORK FOR"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

I worked at Great HealthWorks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Weekly pay, Co workers are nice

Cons

Lying to customers for retention purposes. They do not realize that they are on an auto ship when they first order. When they do realize, and call to cancel, you HAVE to try and "retain" them, no matter what! If the customer is having financial hardships, or just do not want it and would like their refund, for what they DID NOT agree to, as it is never told to them, that they would be on an auto ship, you have try to "con" them into into keeping their account, and just hold off shipping their next shipment one month or two. Arm twisting is what it is. And if you do not do this, and do not meet certain numbers, you are fired. No job security. Constant revolving door. Management DOES NOT respect their employees. Parties and all the "feel good" get togthers DO NOT make up for the disrespect towards employees and customers.

Advice to Management

Have more faith in your product. Do not "trick" customers into something that they do not want. I.E... AutO ships. I fthey like and want it, they will call back. And IF they do, offer them this service. I state service, because this is what auto ship is and is suppose to be. A Service. Not a con. If they say "no" to the auto ship, so be it. Just allow the agent to take order and be done. Without the agent being "scolded" and or losing their job.
    Have more faith in your employees, as well. How about your company NOT be such a revolving door and treat your curent employees with respect and consideration. The same with your customers. The company may actually go further if you did. People are NOT commodity. They are looking for better ways for better health. At an affordable price. And to be taken advantage of.
    Try being THAT type of company, without the conning, lies, and disrespect.

"Retention agent - AVOID THIS POSITION"

Former Employee - Retention Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Retention Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Great HealthWorks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to choose your own schedule.
    Monday to Friday.
    Fair pay.

Cons

You begin training 8 weeks, 4 hours a day without pay when off the phones. The call-taking part begins in week 5, but it's only 2 hours a day. It takes a very long time to make good money. If you're in need of a stable income, now you know. If you don't perform, they drop you, plain and simple. If you make it past training, a system will let you pick more ours (around 20 per week) and you start making more cash, if you don't perform they drop you as well.

The job itself is based on keeping customers (mostly elderly people) getting their shipments automatically by using retention tools like free bottles, discounts, and deferments. It's VERY stressful. You'll either have to be a bit fishy in the calls or shove the retention offers down their throats to keep 'em. The goal is to retain 52% of customers, but then again, you can be dropped two months into the process.

From what I've seen, getting into Customer Service or Education positions would be nice, but STAY AWAY FROM RETENTION.

Advice to Management

Be clear about when agents will start to work full-time. The transition period is ridiculous. Base your sales on something else than AutoShips since it turns you against your own customers.

"Terrible Work Enviroment"

Former Employee - Customer Service Retention in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Retention in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Great HealthWorks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Weekends off, okay pay! Great bonus structure. You get paid weekly, which a think is great.

Cons

This company is horrible to their customers and employees. I worked as a retention specialist, I was trained to lie, and take advantage of elderly people. You have to be a person who have no integrity or heart. The supervisors are not qualified, they lack training. There is alot of favoritism. The product doesn't work. This just is a very stressful job

Advice to Management

Stop lying about your product. Appreciate your employees. Work on your attendance policy.

Mar 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review. It is always disappointing to hear that an employee did not have a great experience with us. You listed a few positives including listing our comp/benefits as 4 stars ... More

11. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland Park, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland Park, FL

I worked at Great HealthWorks (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to work nice people

Cons

None that I can find