Great Wolf Lodge Reviews

Women in Advertising

1y

an

Associate Creative Director

I would like to take my daughter to great wolf lodge which is 450$ a night with the quest passes fir 2 kids. And I think it would be fun to have her invite one of her friends. I do t mind paying for the stay and the water park passes but would not want to pay 100$ extra for the quest pass and food. Is there a decent way for me to invite her friend but let it known that they would need to pay for food and quest pass? Or am I being cheap?

14 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Drink water not soda 😎 For what its worth the pay was good..$11 an hour with housekeeping(in 64 reviews)
  • "Fun and met great people(in 55 reviews)
  • "Coworkers are great.(in 49 reviews)
  • "Benefits are great but probably not enough(in 33 reviews)
  • "Flexible schedule and pretty good tips(in 19 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management to housekeeping department(in 108 reviews)
  • "Long hours (expectably for high school student) ex: on a school night you would be working from 4(in 27 reviews)
  • "Supervisors show extreme favoritism.(in 23 reviews)
  • "3) Supervisors require that you work lifeguard duties as well as PA duties(in 19 reviews)
  • "Cool managers but they were forced to enforce strict company rules.(in 18 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Great Wolf Lodge and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

You’ll forget it’s a job

Sep 21, 2021 - Entertainment Ambassador
    Business Outlook

Pros

There’s been many moments where I’m working, just having a good time with the kids and then I remember “Wow, I’m getting paid for this too”. It’s genuinely so much fun and an experience you won’t forgot. Plus the discounted rooms and occasional free water park passes are a plus. I also really love my team. We’re a family

Cons

We are understaffed, so everyone’s a little stressed out and some people are working more than they wanted to. But you could help that out by joining our team.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great People

May 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They truly care about their employees and try their best to work with you

Cons

There weren't any that I can see

3. 4.0

Fun place to work

May 22, 2022 - Entertainment Ambassador in Gurnee, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Management at the Gurnee Great Wolf Lodge It is a very fun job to dance and tell stories and make the children's days Good sense of community and value in the company

Cons

I would have liked pay to be higher

4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

attractions attendant

May 21, 2022 - Arcade Attendant in Manteca, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- lots of hours - fast pace - decent discounts esp during the holidays - decent supervisors - friendly staff from other departments

Cons

- management is absolutely terrible - very biased and a lot of favoritism - no breaks and then write you up for it - liars within management and HR - not for employee moral - short staffed all of the time

5. 3.0

It's okay..

May 24, 2022 - House Attendant
    Business Outlook

Pros

-will work with you on your schedule

Cons

-schedules change week by week

6. 4.0

Great Company, Horrible Working Conditions

May 9, 2022 - Lifeguard in Grapevine, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible pay, great company leaders, numerous opportunities for advancement

Cons

The waterpark is near impossible to work in long term. I quit years ago and still feel the effects of breathing in all that chlorine years later.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

great place to work in college

May 9, 2022 - Cafe Barista in Concord, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

great pay, fun environment, variety of work to do

Cons

rigid hours, long shifts, tiring

8. 5.0

Great

May 7, 2022 - Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place and fun to work.

Cons

It can be a lot and pay is okay.

9. 5.0

Awesome place

May 9, 2022 - Maitenence
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s awesome to work for

Cons

None really that I can think of

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Co workers are very petty

Apr 21, 2022 - Bartender
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good money great opportunity great environment. Love it other then the seniority n pettiness of their characters two individuals exactly

Cons

Just those two greedy people other then that loved it

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,011 Reviews

Great Wolf Lodge Reviews FAQs

Great Wolf Lodge has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 1,040 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at Great Wolf Lodge to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Great Wolf Lodge employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Great Wolf Lodge. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

60% of Great Wolf Lodge employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Great Wolf Lodge 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Great Wolf Lodge to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, management.

Popular Careers with Great Wolf Lodge Job Seekers