Great Wolf Lodge Employee Reviews about "guests"

Updated Nov 18, 2021

Women in Advertising

1y

an

Associate Creative Director

I would like to take my daughter to great wolf lodge which is 450$ a night with the quest passes fir 2 kids. And I think it would be fun to have her invite one of her friends. I do t mind paying for the stay and the water park passes but would not want to pay 100$ extra for the quest pass and food. Is there a decent way for me to invite her friend but let it known that they would need to pay for food and quest pass? Or am I being cheap?

14 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Drink water not soda 😎 For what its worth the pay was good..$11 an hour with housekeeping(in 66 reviews)
  • "Fun and met great people(in 58 reviews)
  • "Coworkers are great.(in 47 reviews)
  • "Good benefits for all employees(in 28 reviews)
  • "Great staff and the time goes by really fast during my shifts.(in 26 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management to housekeeping department(in 115 reviews)
  • "Long hours (expectably for high school student) ex: on a school night you would be working from 4(in 26 reviews)
  • "Supervisors show extreme favoritism.(in 24 reviews)
  • "Cool managers but they were forced to enforce strict company rules.(in 19 reviews)
  • "3) Supervisors require that you work lifeguard duties as well as PA duties(in 19 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Great Wolf Lodge and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "guests"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great people & Great place

Oct 15, 2021 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the people at Great Wolf - we definitely feel like one pack! Great pay, benefits and most of all, lots of fun.

Cons

High volume of guests, but this is because families love to come to the resort.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good. Bad. Good Again. The Ugly

Nov 18, 2021 - House Attendant in Manteca, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many employees you're bound to connect to someone. Stable work that is not repetitive. Definitely is consistent which I like. Really good discounts and benefits too. After 3 months of being there you could move to a different department if you want which is nice.

Cons

Upper management is a little questionable. Some coworkers are oddly fake too. In a place that thrives on positivity, some people are artificial and sour but in front of management and guests. Kinda toxic but the vast majority are cool, encouraging and professional. Oh and hours are good but 8 hrs plus the 2 total hrs of traffic 5 days a week… kills you slowly

3. 4.0
    KEY NOT FOUND: jobLine.seasonal-current, more than 3 years

Responsible for managing lifeguards on and off stand while handling guest complaints, daily tasks, and waterpark safety.

Oct 18, 2021 - Aquatics Supervisor in Grapevine, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are several pros for working in the Aquatics department. The pack is extremely close and you are bound to find a group you fit into. This position offers numerous advancement opportunities and is a good way for young workers to gain valuable work experience. The pay is fairly good and if you wanted to you could consistently work overtime to easily make four figures per paycheck. The job provides a unique opportunity to work first hand with kids while also getting experience in the hospitality industry. The Lodge often holds fun events solely for employees and the general environment around the lodge is extremely positive and fun. If you enjoy hands on work and are able to run a tight ship even with unforeseen changes, this job is extremely rewarding and offers a lot of opportunities for young adults.

Cons

The Aquatics department significantly handles a large part of the resorts' work and is often the department that has to suffer when other departments make mistakes. That is, if the front desk was being slow at checking in guests, the waterpark would have to stay open an hour late, unexpectedly keeping lifeguards and supervisors later than they're scheduled. The work is often mentally and physically exhausting and there is frequently inconsistency amongst the team due to the department being so large. Supervisors frequently need to clean up human excrement and trash in general. Although it may seem that aquatics supervisors only supervise the pools and the lifeguards, they additionally are in charge of numerous amounts of duties including inventory, hosting bimonthly in-services where you teach guards required CPR, First Aid, and choking drills, and consistent cleaning of the waterpark.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fun! (until it isn't).

Aug 7, 2021 - Front Desk Agent in Grapevine, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to make friends. Opportunity for commission. Good insurance. Creating relationships (may be quick) with guests.

Cons

Management does NOT really care. They will give free things (nights, food vouchers, activities, etc.) away to guests, even if they verbally harass the pack members. Not much room to grow. Management will NOT have your back, yet claims that the team is a "family". This is an obvious lie.

5. 5.0

easy, fun, job

Sep 15, 2021 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Kansas City, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

this is an easy job

Cons

short staffed the guest complained about everything

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fun place to work!

Jul 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people you get to work with, made lots of great friends! There’s also waterpark, hotel & food discounts, and a really fun environment

Cons

The guests can be hard to handle sometimes which if you don’t take it personally is easy to get over

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Over all a great company, but one big gripe.

Jan 2, 2021 - Security Officer in Grapevine, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am pleasantly surprised at this company. I thought this would just be another job mill that doesnt value their employees, but I can honestly say this company is very personal. I've gotten to know everyone in the hotel, including the general manager. I have made many great friends and professional connections. The pay is above industry standard for my area. The perks are also a great bonus.

Cons

Biggest con is that working in security, its frustrating to hear that there isnt money for basic items, like cameras and other guest safety features. While a personal con, some may be ok with the fact that we are a small department, but that means limited growth within the company. That is why I found another job.

8. 4.0

Good part time

Jun 12, 2021 - Coffee Shop Attendant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work with your availability, easy job, hours aren’t too bad

Cons

Unable to accept tips from guests

9. 3.0

Great for students

Aug 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Super flexible scheduling and hotel perks as well as discounts. Also the water park is free at times

Cons

Supervisors are not the best but management has gotten a bit better. Guests can always be a pain

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Wolf Lodge and their wonderful spirit.

Oct 2, 2020 - Retail Sales Associate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best thing about working at the Great Wolf Lodge is that management cares for every pack member. Sometimes it's a hit or miss with wonderful managements, but for me, I've never had a friendly, loving, and great sense of humor management. They make my day and know how to cheer me up that goes as well to my coworkers, working with coworkers who are just weird as you are is a plus bonus. We work together as a team, we end the day as a team, we help one another, we have cheer each other on and support one another when facing challenges. This is the very first job that I had fun and enjoyed being there, even on the rough days.

Cons

Guests can be a hassle to handle, but with patients, you can handle the situation.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 75 Reviews