Great Wolf Lodge Employee Reviews about "water park passes"

Updated Nov 22, 2021

Women in Advertising

1y

an

Associate Creative Director

I would like to take my daughter to great wolf lodge which is 450$ a night with the quest passes fir 2 kids. And I think it would be fun to have her invite one of her friends. I do t mind paying for the stay and the water park passes but would not want to pay 100$ extra for the quest pass and food. Is there a decent way for me to invite her friend but let it known that they would need to pay for food and quest pass? Or am I being cheap?

14 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Drink water not soda 😎 For what its worth the pay was good..$11 an hour with housekeeping(in 64 reviews)
  • "Fun and met great people(in 60 reviews)
  • "Coworkers are great.(in 49 reviews)
  • "The benefits were good(in 31 reviews)
  • "Great staff and the time goes by really fast during my shifts.(in 26 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management to housekeeping department(in 113 reviews)
  • "Long hours (expectably for high school student) ex: on a school night you would be working from 4(in 25 reviews)
  • "Favoritism is bad but the guilt they make you feel on your day off is even worse.(in 22 reviews)
  • "3) Supervisors require that you work lifeguard duties as well as PA duties(in 21 reviews)
  • "Lack of upper management on the floor, always see supervisors running around constantly busy while managers are nowhere to be seen unless something escalated to being serious.(in 17 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Great Wolf Lodge and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "water park passes"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

You’ll forget it’s a job

Sep 21, 2021 - Entertainment Ambassador
    Business Outlook

Pros

There’s been many moments where I’m working, just having a good time with the kids and then I remember “Wow, I’m getting paid for this too”. It’s genuinely so much fun and an experience you won’t forgot. Plus the discounted rooms and occasional free water park passes are a plus. I also really love my team. We’re a family

Cons

We are understaffed, so everyone’s a little stressed out and some people are working more than they wanted to. But you could help that out by joining our team.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Lifeguard Review

Nov 22, 2021 - Lifeguard in Garden Grove, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been working as a lifeguard at the Garden Grove location for over a month. The hiring process is smooth and easy to get hired. Pass the drug test and background check and you’re good. If they call you and ask to work some shifts before your lifeguard training begins, DO IT! You end up picking up knowledge that will help you in the lifeguard training. And you get paid! The actual lifeguard training you receive is top notch. They provide you with an online course before hand as well as an on site course. If you do the online course and pay attention, it will make the in person course super easy and fun. The instructor I had was strict but was chill when everyone was focusing and doing their best. The training may seem overwhelming at first but once you know what to do it is just a step by step process responding to certain scenarios. There is a multiple choice test at the end followed by a skills test in the pool and CPR test. Pass those and you’re in! The day after you pass lifeguard training they bring you in and teach you all the spots in the water park and the zones of coverage for each spot. They teach you to operate slides and what to look out for. After, you sign a bunch of paperwork stating you were taught how to do each spot. After that you’re pretty much a lifeguard! Good luck!

Cons

The only bad thing about working an indoor water park is the chlorine in the air. It’s not a big deal but sometimes if you work long hours and are there a lot your eyes become irritated. A quick wash with eye wash or fresh cold water is a quick fix. This is a hospitality job so you do have to deal with people. You do encounter the people who want to ruin your day but all you can do is enforce the rules and be kind and courteous. Other than that, you work at a water park so not much can go wrong!

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Pretty okay

Sep 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free tickets into the water park

Cons

Long hours, management not being accommodating

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Aquatic Department

Sep 2, 2021 - Lifeguard in Traverse City, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Can be fun with fun co workers, has Dunkin Donuts, free admission to water park if fully staffed, good friends and family discounts, good full time benefits, not a traditional work environment, appreciation parties

Cons

At the time I worked there the aquatic department was a very toxic work environment. All of the supervisors, managers and directors were all “clicky” and wouldn’t listen to my concerns or take their jobs seriously. Only their friends would get promoted or people who would only have fun and not actually be qualified for the job. Mandatory inservices would only be playing games with no skill practice leaving guards lost and confused when there were drills or an actual emergency. I can say a LOT more but, I’ll leave it at that for right now. I don’t have enough time!

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee

N/A

Aug 4, 2021 - Night Auditor%2FFront Desk Agent in Bloomington, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast pace work environment at a family resort hotel & water park.

Cons

Always seemed to be short staffed so often times employees would be asked to pick up extra hours or were unable to leave on time.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee

Great for students

Aug 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Super flexible scheduling and hotel perks as well as discounts. Also the water park is free at times

Cons

Supervisors are not the best but management has gotten a bit better. Guests can always be a pain

7. 1.0
    Former Employee

Better communication and organization needed.

Jul 14, 2021 - Food and Beverage in Manteca, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Access to water park

Cons

- High manager turnover rate leading to poor guidance - Lack of policies and procedures to set employees up for success - High stress, low pay

8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

AQX

May 12, 2021 - Lifeguard in Garden Grove, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun environment, free water park, good hours

Cons

Don’t care how sick you are or who died, they expect you to come to work.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Pretty easy job

May 10, 2021 - Retail Supervisor in Grapevine, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can get free water park tickets

Cons

I would not leave work until 2 am sometimes

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Terrible

May 20, 2021 - Lifeguard in Fitchburg, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free water park passes on slow season

Cons

Basically everything else. Management was terrible (mean, not understanding, and told me I couldn't be promoted because I was a woman).

Viewing 1 - 10 of 41 Reviews