GreatHorn Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Kevin O'Brien

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Committed organization with passionate people"

I have been working at GreatHorn full-time

Pros

Genuinely great group of people that are enjoyable to work and hang out with. Clear and committed mission, and an exec team that seems committed to cutting through the normal BS.

Cons

It's an early stage start-up, so while there's good work-life balance and flexibility, it's not a 9-5 job.

2. "Riding the Wave"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Belmont, MA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Belmont, MA

I have been working at GreatHorn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for a few start ups, and GreatHorn has been a great experience thus far. The tech is on the right side of what seems to be a wave of change. The leadership is devoted and the general vibe is pleasant. This requires work and long hours, but the payoff is there.

Cons

This is not a 9-5, it requires extra work and every team member must be adaptable and willing to wear multiple hats.

3. "GreatHorn is a fantastic place to work!"

I have been working at GreatHorn full-time

Pros

The people. This is the smartest group of people I have worked with in my career, and all of them are people I would hang out with outside of work. It is by far the most human environment I have worked in since I left teaching, and there is a company-wide commitment to putting our lives ahead of our work. No question that hard work is expected, and extra hours when necessary, but family and quality of life are valued and balanced against business needs.

Cons

None, in my opinion. I like working hard with a dedicated and communicative team, and GreatHorn delivers.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Mar 13, 2018 – CEO and Co-Founder

Thank you! We're grateful for the incredible team we have, and the warm and collaborative culture everyone brings.

4. "Cool, collaborative company gaining traction"

I have been working at GreatHorn full-time

Pros

Highly intellectual and thoughtful culture with a market leading product

Cons

Occasional bumps in the road, typical to a high growth startup, leads to an always online expectation

Advice to Management

Hire people with experience in early-stage to speed development

Mar 13, 2018 – CEO and Co-Founder

Thank you! Our people are what make our growth possible, and we're deeply appreciative for the opportunity to work alongside such a smart, dedicated, and collaborative team.

5. "Amazing company, amazing people, amazing culture!"

I have been working at GreatHorn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So happy to be part of this team and this exciting journey.
    This is truly an inspiring place to be part of where you feel supported, encouraged, motivated and pushed to always do your absolute best.
    We have a new and unique approach to email security and we are growing rapidly to execute on on our vision.
    If you are looking to be part of the fast past environment in an exciting space, huge potential and amazing team - this is the place for you.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of. Some growing pains are expected but we have right attitude and the team support to overcome any obstacle.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and continue to drive the vision and collaborative culture of the team.

Mar 13, 2018 – CEO and Co-Founder

Thank you! We're thrilled to have such an amazing team on board.

6. "GreatHorn review"

I have been working at GreatHorn part-time

Pros

-Upbeat culture with employees who not only appear to like working together but continuously roll up their sleeves and work very well together as it is a start up and there are not many employees to get a significant amount of work done.
    -There is a spirit of welcomed creative constructivism for processes -both in new processes that are being created or processes that have been in place but have needed to evolve due to the nature of the business operations.

Cons

-Not really a con but as businesses evolve, one thing I hope is that the strategy for the company continues to engage all members of the team and the goals and processes are communicated clearly and prioritized for the success of the business to continue

7. "One of the best startup opportunities in the US"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belmont, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belmont, MA

I have been working at GreatHorn full-time

Pros

-Leadership starts at the top, and we have the most level-headed, smart, nice and mostly importantly, courageous CEO. Since we have such a well rounded CEO, all other employee's follow suit.

-Everyone in the company is good people, working hard to provide our customers and prospect as much value as possible.

-There is a perfect mix of structure/process and nuance in our day to day operations. Our team understands that systems run the world, but at the same time we need to be nimble and open to constant adaptation as our company & solution grow.

Cons

-Nothing at all. I see positive progression everyday and expect more of the same.

Advice to Management

-As the old adage goes, just continue to be yourself. You're the reason we are here and you'll be the reason for our success in the years to come.

Jul 18, 2017 – CEO and Co-Founder

Thank you! The kind words are appreciated, but value is created by the team, not the CEO (e.g., me). Our success comes from all directions.

8. "Fantastic opportunity to make a real difference in the security market!"

I have been working at GreatHorn full-time

Pros

Absolutely massive market opportunity, and tremendous team.

Cons

High growth startup, with everything that entails - including some long hours.

Jul 13, 2017 – CEO and Co-Founder

Thanks for the kind words! It's the team that makes it possible.

9. "A Great Startup"

Current Employee - Junior Software Engineer in Belmont, MA
    Current Employee - Junior Software Engineer in Belmont, MA

I have been working at GreatHorn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, great product, the company has traction, and there are huge opportunities to have a meaningful impact on the business.

Cons

You're at a startup, so there is overtime involved.

Jul 13, 2017 – CEO and Co-Founder

Thanks! We do work hard, but it's a team effort, for sure.

"Great company, fun workforce"

Current Employee - Junior Software Developer in Belmont, MA
    Current Employee - Junior Software Developer in Belmont, MA

I have been working at GreatHorn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really smart people with thorough work ethic, understanding and honest approach to questions and discussions. They encourage self driven behavior and don't frown on new ideas.

Cons

Not a lot to complain about: office is small but its a small company, most employees were friends before joining so there are a lot of inside jokes.

Mar 16, 2016 – CEO and Co-Founder

Really appreciate the feedback! While it's certainly true that the founding team has operating experience together, we also share in the belief (and have formally have written down as a core value... More