Greater Springfield Senior Services Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Nancy Morales
  1. "Casemanager"

I have been working at Greater Springfield Senior Services full-time

Pros

Awesome place to work and serve the elders

Cons

I can't think of any cona

Greater Springfield Senior Services2017-06-11

"Working at G.S.S.S. Inc."

I have been working at Greater Springfield Senior Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been employed at Greater Springfield Senior Services over 4 years now, and I love it. As a case manager/social worker, I have found a family and a career. I have the flexibility to grow and learn, I am allowed to attend training, seminars and I’m also given the opportunity to teach others the knowledge I have attained. The relationships that I have developed here have helped me become a well-rounded, understanding,...

Cons

**NOT APPLYING TO WORK HERE BEFORE**

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work that you are doing on a daily basis.

Greater Springfield Senior Services2015-12-04
    • "Companion Driver"

Former Employee - Companion Driver in Springfield, MA

I worked at Greater Springfield Senior Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked as a part time companion driver M-F days only. Using own car. Fair pay plus mileage.Picking up elderly for doctors apts, then bringing them home.

Cons

Their system of letting you know who to pick up and when is very flawed. Many apts are missed because of this and the drivers get the blame for these flaws by Senior Services own design. Some of the clients you pick up are in more need of help than you can give them, and live in high crime neighborhoods. These situations put the drivers at risk for potential legal and physical harm.

Advice to Management

Management needs to fix the flaws....All of them....And be responsive to what the drivers are having to deal with !

Greater Springfield Senior Services2015-09-08
      • "Good company, low pay"

Former Employee - Geriaric Support Service Coordinator in Springfield, MA

I worked at Greater Springfield Senior Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people to work with. Very flexible job environment. You make your own schedule. Ok benefits. Great amount of resources for clients. Staff work hard to help a client as much as possible. Fits in well with your schedule if you are going to school part time to earn a degree

Cons

Low pay and deductions from benefits cut your check alot. Little room for professional growth because Supervisor and management positions are very rare

Advice to Management

Get more funding

Greater Springfield Senior Services2014-04-26