Grecian Delight Foods Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Peter Parthenis, Jr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great potential with an opportunity to really contribute. A few growing pains."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at Grecian Delight Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to impact change, ideas are heard, fun environment good people wanting to do good things. Great on trend products with a ton of growth potential. Ownership continues to invest in the company and push for growth.

Cons

Growing pains as they shift from small company to a larger one. Challenges shifting to some of the necessary practices and disciplines that come with the growth: time
    Ines, documentation, accountability, follow through, higher professional skill levels needed, etc.

Advice to Management

Don't settle for poor performance from department leaders or those not willing or able to bring better and more efficient practices to their departments. Hire higher caliber of new employees. Enforce follow through. Racing through activities and initiatives leaves them half done and a mess. Need to take a bit more time and do things right.

"Wouldn't Recommend"

I worked at Grecian Delight Foods full-time

Pros

Good benefits
    Fair bonus program
    Nice office

Cons

Revolving door! Either people quit or they are fired!
    Management doesn't act on employee concerns.
    A lot of gossiping.
    Not a pleasant place to work.

Advice to Management

Be honest to potential new employees.

"False Sense of Security"

I worked at Grecian Delight Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Pay is acceptable
    -Benefits are average
    -Food Samples are great

Cons

-Minimal training with high expectations.
    -Unbalanced in the amounts of people working in each department.
    -Management is incompetent.

Advice to Management

Have less meetings about change, goal setting and growth and make more time to execute plans of change, goals and growth.

4. "Lots of positive change"

Pros

Fresh, new and clean working environment in the offices and in all of the production areas. The company is investing a lot of money in the facilities, systems and in equipment to profit from new growth categories. Working with people who like to have fun and who are good at what they do. Lots of great food and other benefits.

Cons

Many new employees who are still learning their job.

Advice to Management

Keep channels of communication open. Follow up on the feedback employees share to make the company better.

"Fast-paced, fun and exciting environment"

Pros

Forward thinking company experiencing rapid growth by launching new products and expanding into new sales channels. Lots of GREAT food and GREAT people.

Cons

Growing pains makes it a challenge to keep focused on any one project. Many competing interests.

Advice to Management

Continue to find ways to recognize the contributions of all employees.

6. "Growth and Leadership Team"

Current Employee - Sales in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at Grecian Delight Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Grecian is a strong, solid standing company in regards to financials. The company is is seeing a large amount of growth outside of the Mediterranean segment in the bakery and sauce category. The senior leadership is highly involved in day to day activities and striving to move the company forward with a good solid team.

Cons

At times, slow to react but improving daily, In the past, Grecian has had some employee turnover but a lot of new positions have also been created.

Advice to Management

Management should continue to focus on manufacturing quality products and develop new products to take to the marketplace. Grecian should work toward being the gold standard of companies in the Food business not just the Mediterranean category.

7. "Sales"

I have been working at Grecian Delight Foods full-time

Pros

Really making improvements to the culture of the Company, with an approachable leadership team and great work/life balance.

Cons

Not convenient to public transportation

8. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at Grecian Delight Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A mid-sized, privately held, financially sound company with a growth strategy that provides competitive cores, personal development and quality work life balance and unusual perks (wkly massage, regular group outings and always has something to eat).

Cons

The location is currently under heavy construction with limited number of access point that are not currently impacted.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in core competencies of employees and address structural issues related to growth constraints.

Sep 23, 2016 – Director, Human Resources

Our focus remains on strategic growth of our business by being able to competitively introduce new products in new sales channels for our expanding customer base. We are committed to continued... More

9. "Toxic Work Environment"

I worked at Grecian Delight Foods (More than 3 years)

Pros

Grecian Delight Foods offers great retirement benefits with a favorable vesting schedule, flexible hours, and can't think of much else unless you're interested in eating free food.

Cons

In office politics makes for a difficult work environment. People heavily invested in CYA and looking out for themselves. No room to grow and all directors when I was there were brought in from the outside, making it difficult for employees to move up the ladder. Upper Management is all talk. Employees keep hearing about great things on the horizon that never happen, or are abandoned. Raises are inflationary (if that) with no bonus payouts.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people, promote rewards for doers not talkers, and value your office employees just as favorably as your sales team.

Sep 23, 2016 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your open and honest feedback. We are saddened to hear of your personal experience. As our company continues to grow, we have worked hard to define and build a culture which is... More

10. "Amazing Food!!!!"

Current Employee - Food Server in Middletown, OH
    Current Employee - Food Server in Middletown, OH

I have been working at Grecian Delight Foods part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazingly authentic food, great service, very friendly people, family owned, calm and nice environment.

Cons

Small space, old building, strange area outside.

Sep 23, 2016 – Director, Human Resources

Yes, the food we prepare is authentic, is of the highest quality and oh so good!
    Over the last two years we have significantly invested in our facilities, our equipment and our people to continue... More