Greeley and Hansen Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Environmental Engineer"

Former Employee - Environmental Engineer in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Environmental Engineer in Richmond, VA

I worked at Greeley and Hansen full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, benefits, corporate culture, technical expertise, and reputation in the industry. Niche focus company-wide.

Cons

You might be in a smaller office and feel disconnected from headquarters or work for a tenured engineer with minimal people and mentoring skills.

Jan 24, 2017 – Company Representative

Thank you for taking the time to write a review – it’s great to hear that you were pleased with your benefits and compensation. We understand how important it is for all of our team members across... More

"HR Intern"

Pros

Very flexible and really puts into consideration the interns interest!

Cons

Nothing! Everything and everyone is so friendly and cooperative!

Advice to Management

Everything runs smoothly. If anything, maybe having work ready for interns rather than looking for it on the day of work alone.

Sep 23, 2016 – Company Representative

Thanks for providing your comments about your internship experience with Greeley and Hansen. And, we appreciate your input about how we can make the program even better for future students.

"It's a Good Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Greeley and Hansen full-time

Pros

Client-Centered and Quality-Focused
    Nice Perks/Benefits
    Great New People
    Sports Teams

Cons

Culture Can Sometimes Interfere with Work-Life Balance
    I.T. Systems Antiquated
    Some People are Negative

Advice to Management

Continue to Maintain a Collaborative Environment
    Consider Telework Program

Aug 30, 2016 – Company Representative

Thanks for taking the time to provide your comments. Collaboration is central to our culture and to our success as a firm, and we’re committed to fostering an environment that promotes teamwork and... More

"Good place to work and live"

Current Employee - Civil Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Civil Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

flexible management and good people

Cons

not lunch provided for people.

"A good boss makes a good work place."

Current Employee - Architectural Designer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Architectural Designer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Greeley and Hansen full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Supervisors care about your opinions and try to implement your ideas.

Cons

Willingness to please the client means we do to much work our of scope and that means we run out of time.

Advice to Management

Organize early and maintain a clear schedule.

6. "Civil Engineering Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Phila, PA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Phila, PA

I worked at Greeley and Hansen as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone was really helpful. Exciting projects. Big scale projects that are fun to work on.

Cons

Would like a little more sociability in the office.

Advice to Management

Could improve employee productivity and work environment. After growing up reading about work environment, I thought the office could use a stronger, more productive environment.

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Engineer/Task Leader/Assistant Project Manager in Springfield, VA

Pros

the amazing thing about Greeley and Hansen is its recognition of the work that employees do. in addition, the company is very flexible and provides enormous amount of help when it comes to personal and professional development.

Cons

I never clearly understood the salary increase at the end of the year process.

Advice to Management

I would suggest them to be more transparent in the process that the company uses to review performance and associate that with the salary increase

"When all is said and done, it's a nice place to work"

Pros

The people I work with are very nice, ethical and have strong technical skills. It's great to get to know them personally on the various project teams and I really like the way the firm is organized and approaches the work assignments. For me personally, I have confidence in the leadership and in the direction the company is headed. I find that management is open, approachable, and willing to help you advance in your career. Many people stay with the firm a long time (that may perhaps give some the appearance that this is still an "old school" engineering fiirm), but, honestly, I've seen many positive changes in the time I've been with Greeley and Hansen. Overall, the leadership has made significant progress in the last several years and continues to work hard to grow the firm. I like that.

For me, I feel I'm paid fairly and I like my project team/co-workers. The company has solid employee benefits, new modern office facilities with the latest techology, one-on-one mentoring from my manager, and the company offers various programs that I think positively impacts morale during the course of the year. Overall, I think it's a good place to work.

Cons

As with many companies, it's not perfect. Communications could always be improved. Also, with all the changes and hiring taking place, it's sometimes hard to keep up. During peak periods there can be alot of overtime.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Not everyone will embrace every change and some people will undoubtedly leave the company, but, in the end, the firm must continue to move forward. Change is hard for some people, don't let that discourage you from doing what you know is right.

"Stable and progressive company with nice people to work with"

Pros

Good benefits and programs very comparable to larger companies. Great opportunities for growth. I've been here almost 10 years. Never originally planned to stay here this long, but I've had great opportunities to move ahead here with new assignments and more responsiblility. That's kept things interesting for me. Seems like top management is really trying to step things up and move this company forward from where it was 10 years ago. New training programs for employees, a summer hours program, a new professional looking office space with a more casual and comfortable atmosphere, not boring old school. I like the new direction and hope it leads to even better things for us here.

Cons

Would like to see better communication between office locations, since we have offices spread out in many locations across the country.

Advice to Management

Make it a point to talk to employees more. Tell us what is going on all over the company, in the other offices. Keep investing in employees by offering more leadership training sessions firm wide. They really help to keep you motivated.