Green Citizen Reviews | Glassdoor

James Kao

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Two thumbs up"

I have been working at Green Citizen full-time

Pros

Probably the best best company I've worked for. Management is solid, everyone I work with is kind and the company structure is very organized. Whenever I have a question or something I need help with, there's never any confusion as to who to direct it to.

Cons

The shifts are very busy.

2. "Best company I've worked for in a long time"

I have been working at Green Citizen full-time

Pros

Really great company to work for, I've been happier here than I have at any job in a long time. I'm not sure how, but the whole team is always positive and motivated. It helps that my managers are actually nice and helpful. I would definitely recommend to apply here if you think you fit the criteria.

Cons

We're growing rapidly so things change often and sometimes we are expected to work outside of our job scope.

3. "Lots of fun"

I have been working at Green Citizen full-time

Pros

Great place to work, everyody's got a great attitude about our mission and what we're accomplishing. Love the team and am proud to call a lot of the people I work with my closest friends. Great place to work for anyone who wants more out of their day job than just a paycheck.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind here.

"Inspiring work"

I have been working at Green Citizen full-time

Pros

It's great working for someone that's actually doing good in the world. I really think that helps everyone have a better attitude about the work we do on a daily basis. We have people who work in tons of different fields, so if you want a job that where you know you're actually making an impact, I'd definitely recommend checking out Green Citizen.

Cons

Nothing deal-breaking. Problems happen just like any other job but we do a good job of handling them.

5. "Greta Place to Work"

Pros

Colleagues were young, and driven individuals

Cons

Worked weekends once in a while

6. "Rewarding Green Job"

I have been working at Green Citizen full-time

Pros

Able to save a lot of electronics from being destroyed. Fast-paced, and always something new to learn. If you show aptitude and interest in specific areas, management will frequently train. Co-workers are great.

Cons

Can be stressful at times. Parking is limited.

Advice to Management

Focus on growing and nurturing your teams, and ways to grow and stabilize income streams. Diversify sales channels, and build the company's brand and image.

7. "WareHouse Employee"

I have been working at Green Citizen full-time

Pros

Money, Ofcourse. Stable Money. Free Electronics, Making Out with CoWorkers

Cons

Racist Management, Ugly People, BUTT Kissing Management.

Advice to Management

QUIT, Dont WORK HERE, I work at the warehouse and they treat others who are not in management or operations like slaves, numerous people come and go but the good part is that when people bring in their eletronics we get to throw them around left and right and sometimes keep TVS, stereos, COMPUTERS for FREE! including laptops and IPADS or we RESELL ON EBAY

8. "Rough to start. better later on"

Former Employee - Technician in Burlingame, CA
    Former Employee - Technician in Burlingame, CA

I worked at Green Citizen full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly people. Lots of teaching to learn new things. Intresting tech. Very good diversity.

Cons

NO direct deposit to bank. Only paper check. Workplace is cold at winter. Hot in summer. Work in big warehouse. BUt they move now to another place. Maybe better.

Advice to Management

Keep imporving benefits. Dental and more.

"Worked at the Burlingame area"

Former Employee - Ewaste Recycler in Burlingame, CA
    Former Employee - Ewaste Recycler in Burlingame, CA

I worked at Green Citizen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Knowing how e-waste was being recycled

Cons

This place operates like a business which is fine but the marketing message makes the company appear like it's some non-profit that is doing some good will to this world when it's not. What I'm about to do is expose Green Citiizen for what they really are: Ebay Seller of stuff that companies don't want when the company assumes that Green Citizen is recycling them. You can search online for : Greencitizen Ebay and you'll see for yourself. They also charge companies to do pickups too to resell them on Ebay.

I just noticed that they closed off their 3 other locations with the Burlingame location which is their processing center left open. Good riddance. The CEO is really strange, in one moment he might talk to you like he's like some religious messiah spreading the good word (which of course when you find out later on it's all a sham which their zombie employees don't mind because of the paycheck) In another moment he can come off as a angry dictatorial person. He even makes his own wife and children help the business like free slaves too. He's probably not going to ready this but this review is just serving as a forewarning to those that happen.

If you ever wanted to know how fake a job can be, always pay attention to the excessively optimistic marketing message you read from job ads or a list that exceed 10 duties a position has. Because you'll be working for one of those kind of bosses.

Advice to Management

Mr. Kao you should've stayed working in the technology side without having to start your own pipe dream of a business. 10 years later now it's going down.

10. "Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Burlingame, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Burlingame, CA

I worked at Green Citizen (More than a year)

Pros

Trying to solve a really hard electronics recycling problem.

Cons

Many challenges with commodity prices. Company trying to create more services to move away from dependency on commodity prices.

Advice to Management

Find some Good Partners to address this progem.