Green Country Aircraft Exhaust Reviews | Glassdoor

Green Country Aircraft Exhaust Reviews

1.7
Mike Teague

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "fabrication lead man"

Former Employee - Aerospace and Defense in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Aerospace and Defense in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Green Country Aircraft Exhaust (More than a year)

Pros

good pay and insurance ok

Cons

no organization or safety program

Advice to Management

hire experienc

"Nothing more than a temporary job until something else came along"

Former Employee - CNC Programmer in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - CNC Programmer in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Green Country Aircraft Exhaust full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was good. The benefits on par with industry. There was a willingness to expand the company.

Cons

Little to no training. The risk of being let go was over everyone's head all the time, even for the smallest mistakes. The owner would fire at will before finding out all the facts. I saw some very talented people get fired because of the owner over reacting. This not the place to go if you are wanting a career. If you need temporary work then this is for you because you will not last unless you don't make mistakes. Most of the workforce there have less than a year on site.

Advice to Management

Try using mistakes as a training tool. If you would weigh the cost of training to replacing you may find you would be better off working with people instead of getting emotional and firing on the spot. Let quality do their job. It is not qualities fault if they have to reject a product. Choosing to override quality and stamp off parts just to ship them is going to catch up to you someday when your customers figure it out.

3. "Quality Manager"

I worked at Green Country Aircraft Exhaust full-time

Pros

none; frustratingly all over the road as far as expectations

Cons

No guidance; lack of training; interview expectations do not meet job duties

Advice to Management

Provide better training

4. "Nepotism... Run and don't apply here!"

Former Employee - Material Clerk in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Material Clerk in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Green Country Aircraft Exhaust full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Low level employees made the job fun to work at.

Cons

Nepotism in management was horrible. All the reviews are spot on about this place. Everyone blamed one another, no direction, and immature behavior. I am very disappointed to have lost a month of my life to this so called organization. One could do there very best here and it will never be enough.

Advice to Management

Grow up and read a few books they have out on the market about managing a company if you ever want to get to a top company in the aircraft industry.

5. "Would Not Recommend"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Pros

I had some awesome coworkers that worked alongside me that created a fun work environment.

Cons

The senior management could not agree on how to manage the employees. I personally went above and beyond to better the company and received absolutely no positive feedback most of the time. When it was my decision to leave the company and gave a 2 weeks notice, they gave me a bad reference when I definitely felt I did not deserve with all the work I put into this company. There was a major lack of leadership.

Advice to Management

try giving positive feedback to your employees when deserved, instead of negative all the time.

6. "Enjoyed my time"

Former Employee - Buyer in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Buyer in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Green Country Aircraft Exhaust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I spent serval years at the company and was allowed to develop many systems and had several assignments of increasing responsibility.

Cons

Several had serval reprimands for not wearing safety glasses.

Advice to Management

More and better parking. So many people working there but not enough parking.

7. "Dont get stuck in the rut... like i did"

I worked at Green Country Aircraft Exhaust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the co-workers on the floor were very nice and helpfull. made it almost like a family.
    that was bout the only thing i looked forward to go to work for.

Cons

managment had no since of directions. always very disrespectfull. they would tell you to do one thing in a impposible amount of time (most of the time). their was no real leadership. it was always every one pointing fingers at eachother. no one took their own blame. people always talking trying to get someone else introuble for somthing they did it seemed. and not only that the work overload and the stress made it even harder. i have seen so many good people try to help this company in a logical manner. then they would get let go becouse they spoke to much truth it seemed. so it was very hard to try and climb the ladder at this company. they would always talk about trying to improve this or that but they wouldnt ever even finish the first thing they started , so nothing really ever got done, nore was it right the first time.. always way to rushed so many things got over looked. then you would be punished if you made a mistake.

Advice to Management

listen to people one the floor that actully know how to make the parts and know what they are talking about. they need better comunicative skills. better team work. and managers that know what they are talking about and actully have experience on what they are managing.

8. "It was a challenging environment that was very stressful because there was little direction on what was expected."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Pros

It was a small shop so you got to know everyone. The work was fun at times and the people were freindly.

Cons

They have a high turnover rate for there size. Training was non-existent. People were let go or written up for things that they may not have even had control over but because management was mad about it they made sure someone took the blame. It was hard to know what the expectation from management was because there was never any feedback given. The work load was enormous for salaried employees and the expectation was to do work as many hours as it took to complete the job. The environment left people feeling that their last day at work could be today and that the next mistake will cost them their job. As for the benefits, no 401k or retirement, the insurance was a little high compared to the norm. No bonus plan in place, there was a Christmas bonus that was equal to 1/4 to 1/3 of a weeks pay. no tuition, profit sharing, or severance pay.

Advice to Management

Send the management team to leadership training. treat your employees like you plan to keep and develope them, right now you might as well just hire temps because you treat people like temps anyway.

9. "Don't Make The Same Mistake I Did"

I worked at Green Country Aircraft Exhaust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice co-workers made the job easier

Cons

Management cannot seem to get it together. Not only do they treat enployees with disrespect, they treat each other the same way.

Advice to Management

Grow up. It could be a great place to work.