Green Key Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Andrew Chayut

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • There are no cons to working here (in 23 reviews)

• Dont have much to say in the cons category as I have had a great experience with the company (in 5 reviews)

1. "Associate"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Green Key Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work atmosphere
    Management team
    flexible hours

Cons

There are no cons to working here.

Advice to Management

none

2. "Great Place to Recruit"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Green Key Resources full-time

Pros

Fast Growing Company
    Flexible Work Environment
    Good Work Life Balance
    Solid Comp Plan
    Recruiters given freedom to choose orders/skillsets/clients to work
    Friendly Team

Cons

Retirement Plans and benefits need work

3. "Review on recruiter"

I have been working at Green Key Resources full-time

Pros

Quick turnaround
    Attentive
    Smart
    Proactive
    One stop for job search
    Regina Gatti is the best!!!

Cons

I have zero cons to share

Advice to Management

Promote Regina she is the best in the game!

"Great service- Sacha Rupall is by far the BEST!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Green Key Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a wonderful experience with Green Key Resources. I was looking for a full time position for a while and I reached out to Sacha Rupall who is by far THE BEST recruter you can ever work with. I worked with other recruiters at other employment agencies, but Sacha is outstanding. She was able to find a position within 2 weeks. From the moment I met with her, she immediately started to work on finding me a job. I love her professionalism, her ability to constantly keep me updated, and her perseverance. She is a pleasure to work with. She gets things done and I love that. Thank you for your great service.
    Dana

Cons

None. I had a great experience.

Advice to Management

Sacha Rupall is the best.

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Green Key Resources full-time

Pros

Great fellow recruiters. They are very nice people. Laid back office environment. Casual dress. Good work life balance. Flexible about PTO. Summer Fridays.

Cons

This job will not make you like recruiting at all. If you are an entry level recruiter and want to find mentorship or leadership that you can model your career after it won't be here. This is call center environment with the occasional bagel day. The commute from the city sucks. You won't be networking with industry companies and you won't be attending any events to recruit.
    Benefits are bad and no 401k. Leadership will openly say no one actually wants to be a recruiter you kind of just end up being one when nothing else worked out. Way to motivate! This is a quality over quantity place because they only care about meeting metrics. Some times you will be encouraged to do things you don't agree with like lying to people or even sending a barely qualified candidate's resume for roles. There is no in-house HR so there are a lot of ethical issues. People share pictures and stories of candidates and make fun of them. I have heard managers talk and laugh about racial preferences that clients share. There is a lot of gossip. The more you talk badly about candidates the faster you will fit in. This is just not the environment for a professional and someone who wants career growth. Morale is so low amongst the recruiters. All of us talk openly of where we want to work next. In our team there is a general understanding that this place is just a temporary point in our careers.

Advice to Management

Understand and value the fact that you have top talent with a lot of potential working for you. Be against the culture of making fun of candidates it is disgusting. Encourage more pride in our work and the candidates.

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Green Key Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work at GKR is you have the opportunity to learn. You understand the psychology behind people, in a professional career. You don't need to graduate at the top of your class to be successful here. Work ethic, culture fit, dynamics, the willingness to take advice criticism/ critique from senior team members will give you the opportunity to have more than a job. You have A TON of opportunity here.

Cons

Not really a con, more of a comment- This is a job that requires an entrepreneurial spirit. If you're looking for a 9 to 5, this 100% is not the right job for you.

Advice to Management

Being that Green Key staffs in many different verticals, it's important to have team directors take time to go 1 on 1 with newer research analysts/ junior recruiters. It helped me tremendously, and I know I certainly can't speak on behalf of every team but senior management in my group have taught me more than any book can! All directors should understand that even while they are busy, a half hour to an hour of some real coaching will benefit the recruiter, the team, that director and the firm as a whole.That's been instrumental in how I'm able to support our team, the candidates I represent, as well as understand the needs of our clients!

"Pyramid Scheme"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Green Key Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• There are definitely some talented recruiters who you could learn from
    • Very fun environment – good group of guys who like sports who you can chat with outside of prime time

Cons

• Extremely Lazy Management – most Directors / Executive Directors would sit back and do essentially nothing during the day and simply wait for a junior recruiter to send them a resume. They were not held accountable and forced to do any real recruiting. It is very easy to post a resume to a portal and then sit back and collect. For any new recruiter, GKR is a good place to learn the fundamentals of recruiting, but within a few years you will inevitably be capped and never surpass the people that have been there for many years despite being more talented. It simply a stepping stone, not a place you want to be at long term if you have ambitions to the reach the pinnacle of your career

Advice to Management

• No advice. They started a very successful company and have been very profitable and the Partners have made a lot of money – good for them, that’s capitalism. When you become a big company, everybody is replaceable and just like the NFL, nobody is bigger than the shield, so if you don’t like it, then leave, or don’t complain.

8. "Helpful"

Former Employee - Tax Preparer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Tax Preparer in New York, NY

I worked at Green Key Resources part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I think that GreenKey is really helpful and they go through everything with you and help you find something that may fit your work style.

Cons

Because it is a recruiting company you have to keep stay on top of your stuff. If you don't contact them, they won't contact you.

Advice to Management

No Opinion

"Green Key"

Current Employee - Computer Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Computer Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Green Key Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently worked with a recruiter while looking for my next position. This person by far was the most professional recruiter I have worked with in my career. He really cared about getting the right position for me and was always available to me via email of phone call. I highly recommend Green Key above any other recruiting firm.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

10. "A Staffing Firm That Gets It!"

I have been working at Green Key Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working in the staffing industry for 10+ years. My first 5 years were spent in a very metrics-driven environment where management solely was focused on the bottom line.
    I've been at Green Key for 3 years; and I can honestly say the management team here " gets it"!!! It's a pleasure being part of an organization that is experiencing phenomenal growth, while promoting a healthy culture that invests in the individual.

Cons

CONS
    Occasional technology issues; however, the current IT team is aggressively and SUCCESSFULLY addressing the issues!