Green Tree Servicing Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Keith A. Anderson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • company expects you to put in very long hours on a consistent basis (45 (in 8 reviews)

• Long hours,poor management, favortism in management, no continuity in workplace (in 4 reviews)

1. "Mortgage Processor"

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Green Tree Servicing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Entry level pay was great with the potential to do overtime I worked at the city place location when it first opened and I was there when the big wigs came in to announce they were closing shop

Cons

The company could not catch up with what the need was for in the market the team leads must have just graduate high school in the special ed department
    Lenders expect high quality professionalism because we are the middle men/women working in the best interest whole still maintaining integrity for the borrower

Advice to Management

Know the spefic strengths of the team leaders because what they don't know is a domimoe affect to the team its not always about production if you can't properly close a loan or complete a three month modification or get a title cleared
    Omgoodness
    Quality rather than quantity any day of the week for any given company regardless the department

2. "terrible on floor training"

Former Employee - Spoc in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Spoc in Tacoma, WA

Pros

Really liked it; Nice then not so nice people, once they find out you make more than they do.

Cons

Really liked it; until I got smart punk trainer that thought he knew everything but really knew nothing at all. Especially how to train new hires.

Advice to Management

need trainers on the floor that know what they are really doing and how to train and not expect the moon right off

3. "regional managers vs supervisors"

I worked at Green Tree Servicing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great salary and bonuses, employees become family as so many hours are put it. Medical, dental and vacation was great when it was Green Tree, now not so much.

Cons

Need to look at the training, the upper management needs training they treat you like a construction working or semi-driver, they pass this to the supervisors, which then transfer their frustration to the SPOCs. When you put in the time to get your portfolio together, unless you are a golden child you get a new Q, why is this fair?

Advice to Management

its a hard job, but can be rewarding job, each SPOC needs to be an individual and not said they are the ones who blew up the Q. If people are not going to pay they are NOT going to pay, if we can help with deferral we need to do so, but then all Qs should offer this, if there are drops end of the month this should not be in the numbers as they get a 15 day grace period, this makes no sense.

4. "REO Manager"

Pros

good work environment, flexible schedules

Cons

little training no direction from management

Advice to Management

dispense knowledge and information better

5. "Good money no time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD

I worked at Green Tree Servicing full-time

Pros

good money Bonuses, fun getting people to pay their bills

Cons

long hours, bad demanding abusive management

Advice to Management

fire most all, and hire new management

6. "Customer Service Re"

I have been working at Green Tree Servicing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Insurance is nice and is located in central location

Cons

adherence has to met. You are expected to be on the phones at all times and meet 90% adherence. You dont have a set schedule and is told you will work one saturday a month. But actually work 2 Saturdays every other month

Advice to Management

Go to set hours to keep representatives

7. "ARM DEPARTMENT ONLY"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Green Tree Servicing full-time

Pros

GT offers the opportunity to climb up the ladder. Has a great professional atmosphere, and ok benefits.

Cons

Year #1 seemed like everything was falling into place. Then things started to unravel. The commission structure began to change thought to be for the better. but then the commission payout goals were being exceeded. So Again the Commission was restructured. as any business would be, the more they commission pay outs were the higher the goals got. Never once thought of the Ant workers who were making the BIG MEN campus more money. There has been so much chaos in the office for the last 3years that is just coming into light now, has this Once Fun, less stressful working environment filled with over 100 Hard working veterans. with very low turn over. Barely even filled with 30 remaining Veterans from when i started. The turn over is on the rise.

Advice to Management

Get ALL management on the same page.there is constantly allot of unknown and making it up as you go. And it really has The office Morale at an all time low. Management doesn't always have the answers. most ideas i hear are from the floor. then Management is too afraid to bring up anything new to Directors. Or maybe just feel intimidated by the Harassing/ threatening attitude of the Managing Staff.

"prefer not to provide"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Green Tree Servicing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved my job, made it almost 5 years. I am a "lifer", I don't want to jump from company to company. Many opportunities for the right individuals, to stay and grow and learn.

Cons

I was laid off just at just under 5 yrs. Reason given "position elimination", to many FTE to support the job function. Was told it was not due to job performance. Was performing very well, not on any formal or verbal warnings. Within 2 weeks 3 jobs were posted online for my position. The job was needed but without me performing it. I was lied to. It robs you of any self worth.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect, be honest. I may have been unlucky and there are more "good stories" than "bad". Green Tree is better than this. Or it used to be. Go back to that.

"training not good, especially on the floor"

Former Employee - Spoc in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Spoc in Seattle, WA

Pros

staff courteous, friendly, helpful for the most part. Some not too friendly or just plain in bad moods;; wonder why?

Cons

very poor training techniques. They say 2 weeks. But expect 125% after 1 week and 1 hour training on the floor. This is in now way how to train a new hire. Still breaking Collection laws? Shame on you! This is your customer.

Advice to Management

allow new hires time to get up to speed, think you lost some good one's because you did not.

10. "Foreclosure Specialist"

Former Employee - Foreclosure Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Foreclosure Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Green Tree Servicing (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours were good. Cannot really think of anything nice to say. Was a learning experience

Cons

Lack of training. Gossip was annoying.