GreenHawk Global Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4

"vision and determination"

Current Employee - Research Analyst

I have been working at GreenHawk Global part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been working with GreenHawk in various capacities for nearly 5 years. I have never encountered a group of people more dedicated to a company and its mission. GreenHawk’s work environment has been one of the most positive experiences I have had: creativity and autonomy in pursuit of project success is the gold standard. Every project is approached with an eye toward improving the quality of life for any... community in which GreenHawk operates not merely in terms of profit.

Cons

The challenges we have encountered and surmounted have been daunting and leadership has been called upon to make very difficult decisions. Nonetheless, we continue to move forward with determination and enthusiasm.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and hold to the vision.

GreenHawk Global2015-04-25
  2. "Stay Far Away"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I worked at GreenHawk Global

Pros

Green Vision and desire to serve the planet

Cons

Vision shifts with the wind. No pun intended. NO money for workers, but plenty for owners.

GreenHawk Global2017-03-04

"Siren Song"

I worked at GreenHawk Global full-time

Pros

The CEO of this company is a charmer. She is very good at making people believe that she genuinely cares about them, calling them friend. In this manner, she convinces virtual strangers that they are important to her and she will always take care of them. This is a real talent.

Cons

Unfortunately, the money promised as pay for labor never materializes. The company uses people until they are used up, until they have either contributed all their savings or need to have money to buy food so they can't continue to work for free. Send an invoice? Email will no longer work. "Friend" status disappears, and they just go on to the next victim. I wouldn't be taking this action if I didn't want to... warn others: The Siren Song will only make you crash on the rocks. The money is NOT coming, but your debt from working for Greenhawk Global will be very real, and your trust will be broken.

Advice to Management

Tell the truth. Don't make promises unless you can keep them. Get a product. Selling fantasy is something you do well, but people also love to believe in unicorns.

GreenHawk Global2015-08-06

"Corporate Coordinator"

Corporate Coordinator in Madison, MS

I have been working at GreenHawk Global for more than a year

Pros

GreenHawk Global Corporation has offered me a tremendous opportunity to invest in something that has sustaining value and long-term growth for myself and my family. As a young, entrepreneur and recent college graduate, I was seeking something more than a 9-5 job. What I found by joining the GreenHawk Team is an organization open to my ideas and willing to mentor and grow me into an empowered businessman. The... company’s commitment to corporate citizenship and global sustainability attracted me from the onset. I have gotten involved in the GreenHawk Foundation and find it a very rewarding way to give back to our planet and future leaders. My future is very bright with GreenHawk and I hope more young adults will begin to think of themselves as entrepreneurs not just employees.

Cons

The creative and development nature of GreenHawk requires patience and persistence. Technologies, products and services are in a constant state of growth. For some, this flux can feel like a lot of energy going nowhere. Yet, when a new technology finally hits the marketplace and everyone sees the value and end result, it is exhilarating.

Advice to Management

Remain true to the vision. When interviewing potential team members, listen with your heart to what’s not being said and honor the truth within all whose path you cross.

GreenHawk Global2015-04-24

"Powering People & Planet"

Current Employee - Chair & Chief Executive Officer in Jackson, MS

I have been working at GreenHawk Global full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

GreenHawk is a company rooted deep and growing strong, nurturing a vision that empowers individuals and sustains our planet. The business model is designed to provide opportunities for entrepreneurs that seek creative collaboration, economic opportunity, shared vision and values. GreenHawk's core offerings include Brownfield Re-Development | Environmental Solutions | Sustainable Technologies.

Cons

Being a Squircle is a challenge. GreenHawk has aspects that resemble a square or a traditional corporate environment and yet, philosophically, operating as a circle. The circular or holistic model requires team players that are self-motived leaders who take individual and collective responsibility for what GreenHawk refers to as " The Integrated Whole" of innovation, contribution and process.

Advice to Management

Soar Higher and continue creating conscious commerce using fresh ideas, inspired innovation and shared vision.

GreenHawk Global2015-04-23

"Energizing and refreshing"

Current Employee - Chief Technology Officer

I have been working at GreenHawk Global part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is very refreshing to work with a group of people where ANY creative idea can and is discussed. Focusing on the future of not only the company, but the betterment of fellow man is an exciting process. A great team and a joy to work within such a positive atmosphere. Every individual is empowered and not micro-managed. To contribute to something of this scope and vision is great to be a part of.

Cons

The company has had many ups and downs as one would expect with any company in its early stages. Because of some of the external let-downs there has been some tough calls made and necessary re-focusing of attention which unfortunately moved several had shareholders to the side-line. Working for the promise of future pay and stock interest is tough and requires a great deal of confidence in oneself and those around... you.

Advice to Management

Keep pressing on. Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go - TS Eliot

GreenHawk Global2015-04-20

"Lies, Thieves and Snake Oil Sales"

I worked at GreenHawk Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work from home because there is no office.

Cons

Management lies and makes promises to keep people working for free. The only reason they have 4 stars now is because the people who have created this mock company have learned how to manipulate the system just like they manipulate people. No products, no real company. All of the 4 star reviews are contrived and I am very disappointed in them and Glassdoor for perpetuating the lie.

Advice to Management

Stop posting 5 star reviews for yourselves to up your Glassdoor rating. Just more lies as Greenhawk has become synonymous with. Get a real product and try fulfilling your promises and then maybe your business Karma will turn around, until then you will fail. Do you really feel good looking at the four stars you faked, just like the fake company you created?

GreenHawk Global2015-05-05

"Still not sure what happened..."

I worked at GreenHawk Global

Pros

-Spending a lot of time on the phone, conference calling - if you like running up your monthly minutes. -Tons of work to do - if you like working for free. -Leadership had a great vision and sold it convincingly - I really did buy into it. Sad that it turned out to be a mirage.

Cons

-Lack of any actual pay. We were promised pay for the work we were doing to get the company up and running full steam. We were promised "good faith" money to spur us on until we got our paychecks. The promised salaries when we went full time kept getting higher and higher. Never saw a single cent. -Empty promises (still waiting on those promised stock options...) -Unceremoniously kicked to the curb. I still laugh... when I think of the absurdity of our last staff meeting. Seriously, during our team's last conference call we were told that things had changed and that we should "sit tight and wait" and then shortly after the call ended, our emails were turned off. Haven't heard anything since.

Advice to Management

-It was a great idea (it might still be, who knows since all communication was severed), but you need money to pay employees before you start recruiting and hiring them. -Vision is without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. ~Chinese Proverb.

GreenHawk Global2014-10-17

"Plenty of work for you as long as you will work for free."

I worked at GreenHawk Global

Pros

There is no reason to work for a company with no money to pay you.

Cons

There is no money to pay employees

GreenHawk Global2014-04-21
  10. "Rewarding. Do good by doing good."

Current Employee - Chief Global Strategist in Austin, TX

I have been working at GreenHawk Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

GreenHawk Global Corporation is one of the most empowering organizations I have been part of. Those who work within the organization are some of the best people I have ever interacted with and they truly understand what collaboration and team work mean. GreenHawk Global Corporation spans multiple markets and cover many different disciplines. I truly am energized by being able to work within information technology,... environmental, energy, government contracting, building systems and materials and disaster related markets all under one roof. Add the diversity of the team members, both internal and external, to the market mix and this continues to be a very rewarding and enriching place to be.

Cons

Since GreenHawk Global Corporation is constantly pushing the envelope and developing intellectual property to address existing problems with new solutions, the education curve for the benefit of the suggested solution can be challenging. People and companies do not always embrace what is new even if it is an exact match for their particular scenario. This is an external challenge, not an internal one.

Advice to Management

Continue to follow in the words of our CEO, "hold the vision and trust the process" and manage the organization according to GreenHawk's core values and the company will keep soaring higher and higher.

GreenHawk Global2014-01-29