Greene Street Consignment Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 17, 2017

2.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Always growing and changing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Greene Street Consignment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a lot of opportunities to move up in this company, if you work hard and are able to adjust to an ever changing business/company. Once you become a full time employee, there's a lot of perks and benefit. Dental, Health, IRA, Life Insurance and many holidays off. Even though the company is growing, all employees ideas are heard and sometimes implemented. Their open door policy is very serious, you can talk to the owner very easily if needed.

Cons

It's a small business that is getting bigger. With growth, comes some growth pains. Some of the transitions in policy could be smoother but it's normal for a business that is changing. If you come from a more corporate background, it could be tough to get use to.

"Indecisive"

Pros

Well, I worked with great people. I was part time and my manager and other co workers were fantastic. We became like a family. So, that's probably the best part of working with the company. I've never had a problem with anyone in the company.

Cons

Management isn't greatest. Very stressful. I never encountered any problems with anyone it just wasn't very organized. I should've gotten paid more that's for sure.

3. "Management"

I worked at Greene Street Consignment full-time

Pros

Interesting business concept. Easy to move up tittle wise.

Cons

The corporate office is a complete mess. The lack of concern for their employees is often times unacceptable. The employee turnover rate is incredibly high for a reason.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees well, they will be a huge part of your success. Reflect on the amount of staff that quits your company on a monthly basis and do something to better their experience.

4. "Ok"

I worked at Greene Street Consignment full-time

Pros

Friendly customers and co workers.can move up in the company fairly easy.Some corporate office staff was so friendly.

Cons

Small business= favortism in this company's case.the DM's constantly gossiped to anyone who would listen which caused conflicts in the store and the corporate office did nothing to stop it.if a District manager did not like you they would do all they can to set you up and get you out of the company.I left with dignity and when am employer called to verify my employment here the store manager told them that I was a horrible worker, which was false being as though I did get promoted here.this company is good for discounts and to form friendships but other than that....

Advice to Management

Be careful who you listen too.The new managers you hired might not like the staff and tell you lies just to get them fired. Stop gossiping and reward your hard workers.Incentives were almost always unattainable.And please look into situations before trusting someone's word.District managers lie too.

5. "great company, growing fast, shop recycle consign"

Pros

advancement opportunities, fast paced environment

Cons

advancement opportunities, fast paced environment

6. "DONT DO IT.. you will used and abused"

I worked at Greene Street Consignment full-time

Pros

First dibs on clothes, good store hours at some locations.

Cons

gossip, hiring of friends, not treating loyal employees who have been with the company forever fairly. Overworking, over managing and over kill on everything. Let someone do their job and appreciate these people who gave their life to you.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees to make their own decisions on occasion. YOu hired them for a job, let them do it without micromanaging every thing. Working conditions are ridiculous with 15 minute lunch breaks for a 8 hour job.

7. "Ok"

Pros

Discount on clothes is can be nice at time, if you can find something nice.

Cons

Low pay for hard work

Advice to Management

Pay employees what they are worth, don't just sit back and collect the profits without providing workers with no incentives. Offer benefits without charging your employees.

8. "Has Potential to be Better"

Pros

Nice clothing and great prices.

Cons

Disrespect from senior management. Rarely if ever does one receive positive comments about their work, no matter the time or effort put in. Never ending battle to to show your worth within the company.

Advice to Management

Your employees are doing their very best they can with what they are given. Stop taking things out on them that are out of their control when they are putting in 100% of their time and effort to make the organization a success. Employee moral is just as important as making money.