- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- Pakistan - All Cities
- - Punjab
- - Lahore, Pakistan Area
- - Chakwāl
- United States - All Cities
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
- - California
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - San Francisco, CA
- - Redwood City, CA
- - Oakland, CA
- - San Jose, CA Area
- - San Jose, CA
- - Los Angeles, CA Area
- - Norwalk, CA
- - Colorado
- - Boulder, CO Area
- - Boulder, CO
- - Denver, CO Area
- - Denver, CO
- - Texas
- - Dallas-Fort Worth, TX Area
- - Dallas, TX
- - Houston, TX Area
- - Houston, TX
- - Maryland
- - Washington, DC Area
- - Silver Spring, MD
- India - All Cities
- - Telangana
- - Hyderabad, India Area
- - Hyderābād
- Ireland - All Cities
- - Dublin
- - Dublin, Ireland Area
- - Dublin, Dublin
Found 7 of over 251 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Daniel and Jon are two great people to get behind and they compensate very well for great talent." (in 46 reviews)
- "Culture is great" (in 29 reviews)
- "Greenhouse is the rare great job with strong leadership and fantastic peers." (in 21 reviews)
- "I've never seen so many people drop whatever they're doing to help someone from a different team." (in 13 reviews)
- "That being said, I have an absolutely amazing Manager who enables me to be my best self at work and supports me in a way I’ve never experienced." (in 11 reviews)
- "No 401k matching" (in 5 reviews)
- "The company just went through some major layoffs due to Covid" (in 5 reviews)
- "departmental communication isn't always as good as it could be" (in 5 reviews)
- "The recent COVID impact reduced our available office space, but I can understand why the decision was made." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Greenhouse Software and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "401k match"Return to all Reviews
- Current Employee★★★★★Oct 8, 2021 - Customer Success ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I have not had a job before where I felt empowered to bring my full self to work; there is an unparalleled level of psychological safety embedded into GH's culture. Feedback is welcomed. Otherwise, the work is interesting and the teams are uber-collaborative.
There is no 401k match.
Wow, that is just so rewarding to read! Building Belonging and truly becoming a workplace where people can feel safe and empowered is super, super central to how I think about culture and values. Really appreciate you taking the time to share your perspectives as well, I know lots of people read these.
- Current Employee★★★★★Feb 6, 2021 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great product, definitely the best in the market Great people, truly amazing employees Great founders, they're good guys Good work life balance, for a startup Good benefits, medical, dental vision, PTO, etc - all solid
Salaries are fair at best, nothing special, no 401k match Leadership is mixed, some executives are really experienced, others are really under-qualified Confusing HR policies, nothing egregious, just always tends to be confusing, unclear, not well thought-out Some teams are a little clicky, again not egregious, just not a great experience for everyone
Thank you for the thoughtful feedback. I know people appreciate hearing real perspectives from employees on the inside so I'm grateful that you took the time to provide it and to spell out where you think Greenhouse is not only great but how we could improve.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Apr 3, 2019 - Software Engineer in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
This is the most professional, respectful, fun, challenging and rewarding job I've ever had. Offering a lot of autonomy, but with guidance whenever I need it. Work life balance is second to none, I literally am in charge of my own time and it's great. The culture is awesome (and I love all of the clubs), people are so nice and welcoming,
Really can't think of any at the moment? Maybe the lack of 401k matching?Continue reading
Wow that's awesome to hear. We set a high bar for ourselves and it's really gratifying to read about it when things are really clicking for folks here. THANKS for sharing!
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★May 29, 2018 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- a friendly, collaborative and inclusive work environment - clear vision and plan from leadership - work-life balance is A+
The only downside is the lack of a 401k match.Continue reading
So glad you'd recommend us to a friend! I heard you on 401k matching ... others have asked for this as well. It's mucho expensive! So, at least for now, it's not something we can budget for.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★May 14, 2018 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Amazing people, great managers, fulfilling work, flexible PTO, lots of room for growth and new opportunities within the company
Honestly I can't really think of any besides not having a 401k match. There are some growing pains here and there but nothing concerning or unexpected.
Wow that's a powerful statement. We aim to be the place where people can do their best work... to hear that it's also your best job so far is very rewarding! Thanks for sharing.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Feb 15, 2018 - It's A Secret in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
+work projects are interesting, challenging and rewarding. +colleagues are respectful, fun and make the day feel less like a "work day". +manager is very attentive to me needs and development; provides the autonomy needed to learn and succeed. +company culture overall is a a very positive, warm experience. +Total rewards (salary+benefits+perks) are exactly what I would expect from a maturing start-up in the tech space.
-though my manager is great, not all managers hold that same greatness. Many managers are new/green or less effective and definitely need ongoing, consistent training and development. -internal transfer and promotions are definitely present, and that presence can always be improved upon -the only meaty thing missing from the rewards package is a 401k match.Continue reading
Thanks for taking time to contribute your feedback! Great feedback & advice too. I see a through-line in your comments around consistency of management - making sure all our managers are able to deliver value for their teams and to continuously improve.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Feb 15, 2017 - Software Engineer in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
* work/life balance is good * great senior management * good engineering culture
* it will be better if there could be 401k matching in the future
Thanks for the contribution to the conversation here and for your positive comments on the culture at Greenhouse. Work life balance, management, and engineering culture - those are really impactful. I hear you on the 401k matching, this has been one of the most often requested benefits. It is also, unfortunately and perhaps not surprisingly, one of the most expensive by far. I think this might be a more appropriate benefit to add as we become a later stage company but at the moment despite how attractive it would be, it just doesn't seem like something we can prudently afford. As with all our benefits the People team, Finance team, and I will review this periodically and it helps to hear your thoughts & perspective on what you value most. So thanks again for the feedback!
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★May 4, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Great product with a clear vision from leadership - Great co-workers: smart, driven, passionate and fun - Smart and thoughtful decision making in a transparent environment - Flexible vacation days - Great office location
- There are growing pains around rapid change within a fast growing company, but the transparency into decision making from leadership helps to keep the team in the know and prepared for the changes. - No 401k matchingContinue reading
Thanks for the note - really happy to hear the positive things you have to say about the company and thanks for taking the time to comment. It's very very helpful!