Greenhouse Software Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2019

5.0
Greenhouse Software CEO Daniel Chait
Daniel Chait

"Great company with great opportunities for growth"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Endless opportunities for personal growth, learning and development -Outstanding company culture that makes coming to work enjoyable -The people! Everyone is authentic, transparent and incredibly supportive of one another

Cons

-The job can be challenging at times, given that the team performs at a very high level, although this is not necessarily a con

Greenhouse Software2019-04-03

"Genuinely a great company and a terrific place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am early in my tenure at Greenhouse, but the experience so far has been wonderful!
 It really feels like this company is about to do some magical things. There is a ton of positive energy and strong momentum, as the team performed really well last year and surpassed all targets. Greenhouse is hitting on all cylinders and is poised for tremendous growth this year. To be a part of a thriving organization is... special and it feels great!
 My experience thus far has been stellar - and it's the people at Greenhouse who are to thank. Everyone has been friendly, supportive, insightful, and willing to help. We've had a ton of training sessions from various members of different departments - and everyone seems genuinely in love with the company, nobody seemed to be "mailing it in" during any sessions, which says a lot. There's good energy running throughout the company and it's refreshing to work in this type of environment!
 People are passionate about Greenhouse and the product - you can tell there is strong belief that we are the new exciting technology in the space and the sky is the limit for where this company can go. It feels like leadership is mindful of customers and thoughtful about strategy and execution when rolling out new products - and it's awesome that the company is innovating well-beyond what others in the space are doing.
 Also, I love that the founders have been involved in interviewing and onboarding - and that they are accessible, involved, and passionate. It means a ton to the employees that they run the business this way. It's inspiring to witness their dedication - and it is easy to see why the company was voted a best place to work on Glassdoor for the last couple of years.

Cons

Too good to be true? I am not sure, but so far so good. I am sure there are similar challenges to other companies scaling quickly at the rate we are, however, I haven't witnessed anything that would be cause for concern.

Advice to Management

Please stay involved and close to product and sales for as long as you can. I've witnessed fast growth previously and it felt like leadership became detached, unfocused, and out of reach. As we scale, it will be critical (but difficult) to focus on removing roadblocks and to let us all do what we were hired to do. The more you can aid in enabling speed for innovation in product and to help sales people close deals..., the better we'll all be for it. Please remain engaged with our customers; it's super important that you continue to hear of their challenges and pains, so that we remain client-centric in our approach to innovation, sales, and service.
 I am highly optimistic about this company and what the future has in store. Thanks so much for building a great company!

Greenhouse Software2019-02-26

"Amazing company and product"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I am more than 3 years into my time at Greenhouse. I love it here. What an amazing, smart and inspiring group of people I work with. Being a first time mom the Parental and Family leave benefit was so helpful to me along with all the support I receive from my fellow moms. Our team shows up to work every day to make the product better, challenge the norm and help companies hire better. You can feel it in our office... which is high energy, collaborative and a really positive experience. Our Benefits and Perks are top notch. Our vision and values inspire me and I've loved being challenged by my colleagues and customers.

Cons

Our growth means our open floor office is pretty loud, it's sometimes hard to find quiet places to work or even take a call. Career paths for the AE team don't really exist so you have to create your own.

Advice to Management

Rock on Team.

Greenhouse Software2018-07-10

"Sales"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Challenging work - learning more about high end software and technology than I ever thought that I would. Flexing new mental muscles I didn't know I had. Creative thinking - the job itself is not an easy one, and each customer situation is so different. This prompts me to exercise my brain and collaboration skills. Growth - I am sharpening a set of sales skills that I had previously thought to be fully... developed. I am undoubtedly growing significantly, in a relevant way that will apply to the rest of my career. Best solution on the market - and with that comes a price. Makes the sales challenging, stressful, but fun!

Cons

Expectations are high and this is not a job you can coast through. Not that this is a a con, but with this can come longer days at times.

Greenhouse Software2018-06-06

"A Truly Special Place"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

As someone who used Greenhouse's software in the past, it's incredibly refreshing to be on the other side. The Greenhouse product is next to none, and only getting better. Leadership (including our CEO) sits alongside the team and is very approachable and open to feedback. The sales environment is full of driven, focused professionals striving for success, and you can meet the aggressive goals with hard work and the... support of your team. It's a wonderful place to land, and grow for the future.

Cons

No cons at this time!

Greenhouse Software2017-08-22
  6. "Greenhouse Review"

Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software

Pros

Working for industry thought leaders

Cons

Can't really think of much

Greenhouse Software2016-05-24

"Opportunity of a lifetime"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people that work at Greenhouse will always be the first "pro" that I mention. From the early stages of the company, a team of hard-working, intelligent people were assembled which set the standard early. Greenhouse has successfully maintained that caliber of employee even after coming off a year where about 150 hires were made. I could go into the classic perks that go along with working at a SaaS... startup, but if that is what attracts you to GH then you should work elsewhere. Everybody here works tirelessly to be the best as there is a healthy balance of individual performance and operating as a team. The people that push you and help you reach that next goal of yours is the difference maker.

Cons

The only "con" in my time at GH would be the growing pains that came along with the hyper-growth we experienced. Things like moving offices, adjusting workflows were successfully completed, but could have been done a lot better. But hey, it was the first time!

Advice to Management

Keep disrupting the industry and stay ahead of competitors as they catch up to GH.

Greenhouse Software2016-05-13

"Passionate, Proud, Motivated, Purpose"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Entire company is motivated to do the best work of their lives - Constant communication from leadership - Everyone believes in the product and values that it provides - People are proud to represent Greenhouse and the companies core credo's

Cons

Dont have anything negative to share

Greenhouse Software2016-01-14

"Joining this team is the best career decision I"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time

Pros

Surrounded by the some of the smartest/most supportive people I have ever worked with. The product and company are taking over the industry and does a great job of making sure the customers/employees grow with it!

Cons

Like any start-up -- especially ones in hyper-growth -- there is a lot of change. But with change comes opportunity to grow as a professional and learn. So maybe I have no cons ;)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, because I have no complaints!

Greenhouse Software2015-04-08

"This is a winning company"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been in the startup scene in NYC for quite sometime. When it comes to startups, the words "safe bet" or "shoe in" rarely come to mind. The two founders and Head of Engineering make that different at Greenhouse. They are extremely smart, very well experienced, and have built winning companies time after time. This is a great company with a great product in a market where every other solution seems ridiculous... in comparison.

Cons

Not too many cons outside of there being way too many seaweed chips in the snack closet ... Not to worry, however, you can barely see them with all the other great food surrounding.

Greenhouse Software2014-09-16