Find jobs for Account Manager

Current Employee

Great place to work!

Jun 17, 2021 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company truly cares about its employees.

Cons

It seems to be growing too quickly?

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture

Feb 16, 2021 - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, onboarding was thorough, it is clear they practice what they preach in regards to their product.

Cons

Covid layoffs took place 2 weeks after joining the team.

CEO

Ugh what terrible timing. The period in spring of 2020 was scary and sad in so many ways; I can't imagine the mix of feelings that starting a new job amidst all of that must have created. So sorry to hear it.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee

Love it there

Jan 11, 2021 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Had a really great culture

Cons

There were some gaps in the processes

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for the love! As to your feedback, yep I hear you -- keeping processes tight and well tuned as we scale is a constant challenge and, as much as we focus on and invest in that, invariably there will be gaps, things that need to be updated, etc. I'm proud that you point to our culture as such a positive -- as they say, "culture eats strategy for breakfast"!

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company, on the verge of greatness

Jan 20, 2021 - Senior Account Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Great clients 2. Amazing benefits, perks, and work/life balance 3. Quality solution that does good in the world

Cons

1. lacking long term product vision 2. Culture at times doesn't feel geared towards action, lots of encouraging others to do the work or encouraging you to look at content on an internal wiki 3. Don't know where the company is going....is it acquisition, ipo, or other?

CEO

First of all thank you for investing the time to write such a thoughtful and thorough review. I know people value and appreciate hearing from actual employees. Second, I hear you on the need to continually improve how we think about and communicate our long term visions (whether around product or overall company direction) and hopefully with recent all hands improvements, our new internal comms, and other efforts, you have seen some traction there. It will always be a work in progress, and helps to hear this feedback so I can know to continue focusing on it. As to the bias for action comment - I totally empathize! I, too, get frustrated when I can't get stuff done quick enough, struggle to drive cross-functional teams to line up, etc. Part of it is probably endemic to fast-growth startups where everyone has a million things to do. But no doubt there are actions by the other leaders and me, aspects of our culture, processes, etc we can look at which are holding us back. Fair feedback and appreciated. All in all seems like you're having a positive experience with us which I'm really happy about!

5. 5.0

I love Greenhouse!

Jan 17, 2020 - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

TLDR: I love my job and I love this company Company as a whole - Amazing culture: I've made 100 best friends and genuinely am happy to come to work every day - Great perks: Flexible PTO and WFH policy, great health insurance options (one of which is literally free,) ~yummy snacks~ - All employees are encouraged to contribute to the culture, and they do! We have a lot of things that start as fun slack channels for example fitness challenges or trivia that the EE team sees and gives you budget to make an event for the company! - We're doing well as a business, we crush our sales goals and hit product/feature releases on time. We've developed an entire culture around our brand that stems from really incredible values and trickles down to helping our customers embrace these same values that enable them to grow and succeed as businesses. Leadership - Our success trickles down from the incredible leaders we have. Dan and Jon are phenomenal individuals who are just as passionate about enabling their employees as they are about the products we produce. - Every department is different in terms of management and directors, so I can’t speak for all teams. That being said, I have an absolutely amazing Manager who enables me to be my best self at work and supports me in a way I’ve never experienced. - We’ve had a bumpy road to get to the point we’re at in terms of leadership on the AM team, and we’re not where we want to be yet. But where we’ve gotten to I’m really proud of and makes me even more excited for what’s in store for the future. The role itself - We do interesting work and what we do matters - I believe in the company and I know the impact my role has and feel that I’m fairly evaluated on the work that I do

Cons

Cons Every company, especially startups have cons. That being said, we collect surveys and host forums of communication to bring the things that *aren’t* working to light. From there, we use that feedback to facilitate transparent communication of our flaws to the entire business to enable discussion in terms of how we can improve. On that note, here are some of the things that we are working on:
 - Staying honest to the D E and I goals we’ve set for ourselves and encourage our customers to achieve - Some sales leadership transitions - Work life balance: We may be 400 people, but this is a start up, and I’m in sales. Sometimes that means the hours are long!

5 people found this review helpful

CEO

Whoa ... what a fantastic review. So great to hear you're having such a positive experience here! Thanks for pointing out the work in progress as well. Folks looking to learn more about working at Greenhouse would be wise to understand not just the positives, but the full picture. Appreciate you taking a few minutes out of your busy day (I certainly know how hard our account managers work!) to share your perspectives. Folks really do value it.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Genuinely a great company and a terrific place to work!

Feb 26, 2019 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am early in my tenure at Greenhouse, but the experience so far has been wonderful!
 It really feels like this company is about to do some magical things. There is a ton of positive energy and strong momentum, as the team performed really well last year and surpassed all targets. Greenhouse is hitting on all cylinders and is poised for tremendous growth this year. To be a part of a thriving organization is special and it feels great!
 My experience thus far has been stellar - and it's the people at Greenhouse who are to thank. Everyone has been friendly, supportive, insightful, and willing to help. We've had a ton of training sessions from various members of different departments - and everyone seems genuinely in love with the company, nobody seemed to be "mailing it in" during any sessions, which says a lot. There's good energy running throughout the company and it's refreshing to work in this type of environment!
 People are passionate about Greenhouse and the product - you can tell there is strong belief that we are the new exciting technology in the space and the sky is the limit for where this company can go. It feels like leadership is mindful of customers and thoughtful about strategy and execution when rolling out new products - and it's awesome that the company is innovating well-beyond what others in the space are doing.
 Also, I love that the founders have been involved in interviewing and onboarding - and that they are accessible, involved, and passionate. It means a ton to the employees that they run the business this way. It's inspiring to witness their dedication - and it is easy to see why the company was voted a best place to work on Glassdoor for the last couple of years.

Cons

Too good to be true? I am not sure, but so far so good. I am sure there are similar challenges to other companies scaling quickly at the rate we are, however, I haven't witnessed anything that would be cause for concern.

3 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you so much for making the effort to provide such a detailed review & feedback - I know that folks absolutely appreciate hearing what it's really like from the inside. A few comments; 1. So, so great to hear what a positive impression you have of the company. 2. Too good to be true? No! This is how it should be! :-) . 3. On your advice to management point - YES! Thank you! I also fear that happening and am absolutely committed to doing what I can to combat the sort of dreary malaise that comes when the org outgrows the culture and leadership becomes detached. I'm sure I'll miss things and make mistakes and I *know* that I can't do it alone -- so please keep me honest! If you don't see us living up to our values, or if the culture drifts, you will probably see it more clearly and earlier than I will. So I'm counting on you to let me know. We can keep Greenhouse terrific, but it takes a village. Best - Daniel

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company with great opportunities for growth

Apr 3, 2019 - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Endless opportunities for personal growth, learning and development -Outstanding company culture that makes coming to work enjoyable -The people! Everyone is authentic, transparent and incredibly supportive of one another

Cons

-The job can be challenging at times, given that the team performs at a very high level, although this is not necessarily a con

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

Hello & thanks for the note. So glad you're having such a positive experience here & thanks for your contributions to our growth & culture! I know folks really value hearing what it's like here, from actual employees.

8. 5.0

A Meaningful Place to Work

Jul 18, 2017 - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Without a doubt, Greenhouse is the most fulfilling place I have worked in my career. The company is filled with nice, driven people who care about you. Greenhouse avoids the two pit-traps that most common start-ups at this stage has: 1. Culture is taken seriously. Greenhouse made an early dedicated investment in People culture. You can be a strong, talkative personality or a quiet, introverted soul and you'll find your own niche here. Joining Greenhouse is asking you to bring who you are to work and care about the work you and your colleagues are doing and helping out where need be. 2. Everyone's work is valued. Greenhouse is collaborative and cares about everyone's voice. This is a not a sales or engineering-centric role. The company is dedicated to fostering individual growth with L&D workshops for employees and managers in addition to providing the budget for you to pursuit your own interests.

Cons

In terms of cons, there have been changes at the executive level and shifting priorities make everyone understandably anxious. Greenhouse has helped to mitigate by maintaining open communication about the decisions that were made or the business rationale for them. The expectation is that we're adults and deserve a mature explanation and be well-supported as those departments/teams go through these changes. Greenhouse can do more at fostering better habits for its employees to be more welcoming and inclusive to colleagues who are remote or based in San Francisco in meetings.

5 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for taking the time to provide such a full picture of your experience working here. I love that you use words like "meaningful", "fulfilling", etc. I feel like there's sort of a formula for "fun" startup culture - ping pong tables, beer, etc - but that stuff is only surface. To provide a real, meaningful work experience takes commitment and hard work by the entire organization but IMO is the real difference maker. Re - the con's - the fact that you point out that people are "expected to be adults" is so, so true. There are many times where it would be easier or at least feel better in the short term to gloss stuff over or just omit the truth. But I do expect people to be adults and that means sometimes exposing people to a bit more of the uncertainty, bumps in the road, etc than you might see at other companies. Don't get me wrong - it *exists* at other places, you just don't always get to hear about it. But I think, if you're going to ask people to do their best and hold them accountable, at least they deserve to know the context even if I don't have all the answers. I'd love to know more about what you mean when you say "do more at fostering better habits for its employees...". I'd love if you could drop me a note or find some time to chat with me about this, as I'm sure there are things, but it's hard to know from my perspective what would matter to remote/SF folks. If you don't feel comfortable approaching me directly, you might instead have this dialog with your manager or the People team folks. We're here to listen and solve problems! All the best & thanks again for providing your perspectives & thoughts.

9. 5.0

Sales

Jun 6, 2018 - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging work - learning more about high end software and technology than I ever thought that I would. Flexing new mental muscles I didn't know I had. Creative thinking - the job itself is not an easy one, and each customer situation is so different. This prompts me to exercise my brain and collaboration skills. Growth - I am sharpening a set of sales skills that I had previously thought to be fully developed. I am undoubtedly growing significantly, in a relevant way that will apply to the rest of my career. Best solution on the market - and with that comes a price. Makes the sales challenging, stressful, but fun!

Cons

Expectations are high and this is not a job you can coast through. Not that this is a a con, but with this can come longer days at times.

15 people found this review helpful

CEO

Challenge, creativity, and growth -- not sure I could think of a better way to describe my ideal workplace! So glad you're experiencing all that!! 💚💚💚💚 The stress & hard work, yeah I get that. Hope you're able to find time to relax & unwind as well... we provide great vacation/time-off policies; use them! :-) Appreciate the great note, and can't thank you enough for your hard work and creativity too.

10. 5.0

Opportunity of a lifetime

May 13, 2016 - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people that work at Greenhouse will always be the first "pro" that I mention. From the early stages of the company, a team of hard-working, intelligent people were assembled which set the standard early. Greenhouse has successfully maintained that caliber of employee even after coming off a year where about 150 hires were made. I could go into the classic perks that go along with working at a SaaS startup, but if that is what attracts you to GH then you should work elsewhere. Everybody here works tirelessly to be the best as there is a healthy balance of individual performance and operating as a team. The people that push you and help you reach that next goal of yours is the difference maker.

Cons

The only "con" in my time at GH would be the growing pains that came along with the hyper-growth we experienced. Things like moving offices, adjusting workflows were successfully completed, but could have been done a lot better. But hey, it was the first time!

3 people found this review helpful

CEO

Hey - Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! Yup, sounds like a pretty spot-on description of life at GH these days... rewarding, great people, with a dash of growing pains. Great advice!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews