Greenhouse Software Customer Success Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated 27 Aug 2019

4.3
Greenhouse Software CEO Daniel Chait
Daniel Chait

"Inclusive and by far the best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Where to start.... I can say that I have never felt more included or welcomed into an organization... EVER! I have never felt so heard. The CEO and other senior stakeholders acknowledge me by name, and are always interested to have conversations and hear feedback from others regardless of role! This sounds simple but this goes a long way. My feedback feels valued, I feel like I contribute to a great organization..., and I feel like I work alongside amazing colleagues who are leading the charge. People leaders are not just leaders but they are coaches. I am surrounded by amazing people and feel like I can grow and develop on a daily basis. Greenhouse believes and stands up for diversity and inclusion which is a breath of fresh air. I honestly cannot applaud them enough. To any prospective employee reading this, this isn't just hype, Greenhouse is the real thing. Great product, great people, and great culture! I feel like I am right where I am supposed to be and it feels great!

Cons

None to think of at all!

Advice to Management

Keep doing great things.

Greenhouse Software2019-08-28

"Cool Place To Work If Your a Fan of Sororitys/Fraternities, and No Opportunity To Grow & Expand."

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Everybody that is entry level, or mid are really cool people. - the environment is really chill but productive simultaneously. - office area is very nice, decent snacks.

Cons

- it’s a good ole boys club. The hierarchy of the org chart is a clique of friends who are self serving and dismissive. - there is a disparity in how the offices are managed & treated. The HQ (NYC) is full of privileged, loudmouth, and air headed individuals who wallow in their personal , and selfish desires. The SF office is much more down to earth and a far more inviting space that is overlooked due to its... small size ( as compared to the HQ ) and friendly demeanor. - there is a stranglehold on the company by management. If your not acquiescing to their direct and indirect demands regarding personality or culture fit, you will be scolded and made out to be a cancer. - entry level and mid level employees shoulder about 90% of the work, while management schedules parties, camping trips, & their next leisure expenses for themselves. - communication with upper management is toxic. They have an archive of scripted lines, questions, and answers that they utilize to keep employees in line. - no diversity whatsoever. The CEO had a presentation about the different ethnicities & their percentages within the company. In 2017, the numbers looked more like 80 % white, 10 % Asian, 8 % middle eastern, 2% minority. Going into 2018, the CEO provided these numbers to illustrate a shift in diversity; 78% white, 11% Asian, 9 % middle eastern, and still 2% minority. Major shift as you can see. - their are individuals within the company that have been known to be cancerous and extremely hard to work with, yet their in management, so when issues with management is brought to the attention of other management, they overlook it or get rid of you to keep up the status quo. - depending on the team you work on , there can be a lot of gossip, tug o wars, or shady characters. Instead of speaking with one another about their differences and how to tackle them to move forward, they internalize it and wait for the right time to call you out or go to management to attempt to get you fired. It’s a systemic thing starting from the management at HQ trickling down to everyone under them.

Advice to Management

It Needs To Be Overhauled. Clean House.

Greenhouse Software2018-08-26

"A challenging and rewarding place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

To be honest, the people will always make or break a company for me. Your manager and your coworkers indisputably set the tone for any work environment and Greenhouse is no exception. This is why I'm so glad that Greenhouse excels in these areas. I've worked in numerous roles: some unchallenging jobs with good managers and some great jobs with poor managers. Greenhouse is the rare great job with strong... leadership and fantastic peers. I've been here for several years now, and I still enjoy it as much as I did when I first joined Greenhouse. It allows me to support an industry-leading product, interact with customers daily, and work amongst some truly amazing people.

Cons

I would say that things can sometimes be hectic, but that's the nature of a startup. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to feedback from your employees. You've been doing a great job so far.

Greenhouse Software2018-05-30