Find jobs for Customer Success Manager

Found 7 of over 189 reviews

3.4
Greenhouse Software CEO Daniel Chait
Daniel Chait

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good place for work life balance

Feb 1, 2021 - Customer Success
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved the people I worked with.

Cons

Health insurance through cigna was not great.

Be the first to find this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for the positive company rating and glad to hear you would recommend Greenhouse. I agree that our team is first-rate and I also love working with them! Too bad to hear that our health insurance wasn't up to standard; will take that feedback into consideration next time we review our benefits.

2. 4.0

Great experience

Mar 25, 2021 - Customer Success
    Business Outlook

Pros

Building with driven, intelligent people

Cons

You experience the typical startup challenges

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Inclusive and by far the best place I've ever worked

Aug 27, 2019 - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Where to start.... I can say that I have never felt more included or welcomed into an organization... EVER! I have never felt so heard. The CEO and other senior stakeholders acknowledge me by name, and are always interested to have conversations and hear feedback from others regardless of role! This sounds simple but this goes a long way. My feedback feels valued, I feel like I contribute to a great organization, and I feel like I work alongside amazing colleagues who are leading the charge. People leaders are not just leaders but they are coaches. I am surrounded by amazing people and feel like I can grow and develop on a daily basis. Greenhouse believes and stands up for diversity and inclusion which is a breath of fresh air. I honestly cannot applaud them enough. To any prospective employee reading this, this isn't just hype, Greenhouse is the real thing. Great product, great people, and great culture! I feel like I am right where I am supposed to be and it feels great!

Cons

None to think of at all!

6 people found this review helpful

CEO

All I can say is wow. What a lovely review and so glad you focused on belonging. One of our core values and something I believe in deeply. We aren't sitting still though. What works today will surely experience challenges tomorrow. So we'll keep our eyes peeled for new areas of growth, challenge and opportunity. Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and impression with others. I know that people really do value it.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A challenging and rewarding place to work

May 30, 2018 - Senior Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

To be honest, the people will always make or break a company for me. Your manager and your coworkers indisputably set the tone for any work environment and Greenhouse is no exception. This is why I'm so glad that Greenhouse excels in these areas. I've worked in numerous roles: some unchallenging jobs with good managers and some great jobs with poor managers. Greenhouse is the rare great job with strong leadership and fantastic peers. I've been here for several years now, and I still enjoy it as much as I did when I first joined Greenhouse. It allows me to support an industry-leading product, interact with customers daily, and work amongst some truly amazing people.

Cons

I would say that things can sometimes be hectic, but that's the nature of a startup. Nothing out of the ordinary.

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful post and give such an informed perspective. I know folks really appreciate the opportunity to hear first-hand details from inside, and especially someone who's been here awhile and can speak to the company's practices and values over the long term.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Cool Place To Work If Your a Fan of Sororitys/Fraternities, and No Opportunity To Grow & Expand.

Aug 26, 2018 - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Everybody that is entry level, or mid are really cool people. - the environment is really chill but productive simultaneously. - office area is very nice, decent snacks.

Cons

- it’s a good ole boys club. The hierarchy of the org chart is a clique of friends who are self serving and dismissive. - there is a disparity in how the offices are managed & treated. The HQ (NYC) is full of privileged, loudmouth, and air headed individuals who wallow in their personal , and selfish desires. The SF office is much more down to earth and a far more inviting space that is overlooked due to its small size ( as compared to the HQ ) and friendly demeanor. - there is a stranglehold on the company by management. If your not acquiescing to their direct and indirect demands regarding personality or culture fit, you will be scolded and made out to be a cancer. - entry level and mid level employees shoulder about 90% of the work, while management schedules parties, camping trips, & their next leisure expenses for themselves. - communication with upper management is toxic. They have an archive of scripted lines, questions, and answers that they utilize to keep employees in line. - no diversity whatsoever. The CEO had a presentation about the different ethnicities & their percentages within the company. In 2017, the numbers looked more like 80 % white, 10 % Asian, 8 % middle eastern, 2% minority. Going into 2018, the CEO provided these numbers to illustrate a shift in diversity; 78% white, 11% Asian, 9 % middle eastern, and still 2% minority. Major shift as you can see. - their are individuals within the company that have been known to be cancerous and extremely hard to work with, yet their in management, so when issues with management is brought to the attention of other management, they overlook it or get rid of you to keep up the status quo. - depending on the team you work on , there can be a lot of gossip, tug o wars, or shady characters. Instead of speaking with one another about their differences and how to tackle them to move forward, they internalize it and wait for the right time to call you out or go to management to attempt to get you fired. It’s a systemic thing starting from the management at HQ trickling down to everyone under them.

21 people found this review helpful

CEO

First off, I'm sorry that you had such a negative experience here at Greenhouse. We try to provide a positive experience for everyone and help people to do their best work, in an open and collaborative environment. I think we do a pretty good job of it but obviously no one's perfect and clearly your experience here was not representative of that. I would invite you to discuss these topics directly with either me, or the People Team. As you can imagine we'd be very distressed to see this type of experience become more widespread and we’d be eager to hear from you (or any current or former employees experiencing something similar). Anything we can learn from you about how this happened would help. In any event I hope that since you've moved on, you've managed to find a workplace where you feel happier. For anyone reading the review, I did think it was important to note for the record that the diversity numbers it cites are not accurate. We did in fact report diversity numbers to the company, but they are different than those the author cites, nor are the categories listed above the categories we use.

6. 1.0

Lackluster Management and Leadership

Jul 8, 2020 - Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great way to get your foot in the tech world - this is a stepping stone, but not a place you’d want to be at long-term.

Cons

Leadership doesn’t really know what’s going within each department and there’s no accountability for their actions. If you’re just starting off at the company, you’re essentially just a number. Actions taken at this organization are usually for the benefit of the tenured staff. Their NDA’s ensure former employees are muzzled, which is why the lackluster attitudes and actions of managers and exec-level staff members are never accounted for. We used to have monthly AMA’s, but that stopped Fall of 2019. During our last meeting, employees were fed up with the lies and lack of transparency by the executive team - something which was voiced by many. It seemed the executive members kept hiding behind meaningless answers and post-meeting emails. I guess they also stopped those monthly AMA meetings as another form of quieting staff members and keeping things secret. Also, extremely overworked and long hours if you’re in a customer-facing role. Forget about your work/life balance. No diversity in management - all White folk.

7 people found this review helpful

CEO

First off let me thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. Feedback - whether critical or praise - is incredibly useful to know what's working and where we need to improve. And I know that candidates & others interested in the company really do appreciate knowing what people who have worked here think of the place - warts and all. Secondly let me apologize, it sounds like you had a pretty negative experience here. We strive hard to make Greenhouse a great place to work and, clearly, that didn't happen for you. We'll take this feedback for what it is and work to improve. Some takeaways/comments: - Absolutely, as the company grows, it becomes harder and harder for everyone to know everyone else personally. The numbers just don't allow it. That's especially so for leaders (myself included) where it can be hard to develop genuine relationships with so many people within one's org. Nonetheless it's critical to continue working on it and to keep finding new and more scalable ways to build trusting, real, human relationships across the org. Y our feedback reminds me that we need to keep working at this. - Our employment agreements are on quite standard industry terms. We do need to balance protecting the company with not being too onerous to employees and I think we have a fairly good balance there but obviously folks are free to disagree. In any event, employees are quite able to share their feedback, frustrations and challenges as this very post illustrates. In today's world, with so many social media and online channels, the true details of a culture will ultimately be "out there" for folks to see and weigh for themselves. - The format and cadence of all-staff meetings is something as well that we continue to iterate on as we scale & change as a company. For example, the past few months we have been doing an "AMA" segment at the end of every all hands rather than break them out in separate meetings. No doubt we will change and mix up the formats many more times. I'm sorry that you see the emails following up from AMA's as "hiding" - the intent is to provide longer, more complete answers on the record and available to read later - clearly that wasn't helpful to you but many employees have responded quite positively to the addition of those. - The work balance is a real challenge, I hear you there. This year has been more difficult than most; due to COVID it's been sometimes hard to anticipate the surges of customer business and we've been (perhaps understandably) cautious in hiring up too quickly as we want to be more mindful of spend than in other years. The economy is just less predictable now which, however you slice is, causes problems around the business. But make no mistake -- when employees are overworked, it IS a problem. It's not something that's just "how it's supposed to be". I know it can cause hardships and when we see staffing out of balance we address it. It's just in a growing startup like ours, we won't always be able to predict demand 100%. - Last but critically - just as a factual matter, neither our management nor our exec leadership team are all White. Surely we have more work to do on DE&I and are actively investing in doing so. Just wanted to correct the record on that one.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best start up I've worked with!

Jun 26, 2020 - Senior Customer Success Manager in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership, truly care about their people, follows through on the company's values, fantastic structure and management

Cons

None at all, really happy!

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for taking a few minutes to write up your review - I know that people value it. Great to see that the Greenhouse spirit has translated itself over to our Dublin office! Thanks for your efforts, care and hard work in helping to build up this newest area of the company. We all appreciate it!

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews