KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 6 of over 189 reviews

5.0
Greenhouse Software CEO Daniel Chait
Daniel Chait

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Dedicated To People In Product & In House!

Aug 23, 2019 - DIRECTOR of ENTERPRISE MARKETING in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing distributed working environment. Growing fast but making business decisions in a conservative way while managing customer expectations.

Cons

Growth means wearing a lot of hats and taking on a lot for every one of us but it feels great to be solving problems with dedicated people and leaders that built a product and an organization that prioritizes people.

4 people found this review helpful

CEO

Really smart write up of what it's like here. I definitely appreciate your "advice to management"... as we get into the end-of-year / next year planning, in line with our "Greenhouse NEXT" theme, it's going to be an increasingly important area of focus for us, to get better at setting goals (and not just financial ones!). Glad you're having such a positive experience here so far and thanks for all you've done to help contribute to our positive culture and growth!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Top-of-the-line

Aug 5, 2019 - Director of Engineering in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Culture from top to bottom is thoughtful and puts people first - Great benefits, and a really amazing and supportive place to work for parents - If we make software to help companies amazing at hiring and onboarding, we better be good at it ourselves! (We are)

Cons

Since the company has been growing so much, there are some processes around org-wide communication and decision making that feel underdeveloped. It seems like this is actively being worked on, though.

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

Great comments particularly about being a supportive place for parents. It's inevitable in an ambitious startup that people will be stressed, have a lot of work, chaos will ensue, etc. Finding ways to deal with that while still putting first what's most important (your health & family) is never easy but glad to hear you're having a good experience in that regard.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lots of accomplishments so far, lots more fun runway ahead

Jun 9, 2017 - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Greenhouse has been the formative experience of my career so far. I feel incredibly grateful to have ended up here doing the work I've done with the people around me. There are a few things to highlight: * I have been given more opportunities for growth than I've had ever before. This comes in two ways: 1) My manager consistently looks for new challenges for me, and advocates for me to get them, and 2) helps me think about things that are hard or not that fun in the moment as growth (which is always true) * The people are really great. Particularly at the management / leadership levels, I genuinely feel that people are invested in each other and Greenhouse's success. Lots of good intentions, very little politics. * I'm motivated by the general problem we're solving. It's fun to think about how to move an entire industry, and I like that changing our industry changes lots of lives (make work / finding work a great experience)

Cons

* A pro and con for me is the speed of change. It's what keeps me engaged, but at the same time the moment you think your comfortable, something changes and there's a new problem to solve and you're uncomfortable again. It can be tiring at moments. * It can be harder to capture the good vibes / excitement from the SF office and you often have to advocate for yourself more than our NYC counterparts to get the same quality of work done.

7 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for the review - especially the perspective from SF which is something I've heard for some time. At some level being a satellite office (neither founder lives there) this will always be a challenge and we'd be silly to pretend otherwise. But that's not an excuse to stop trying - so we will! My last trip out there this past week I had a chat at office hours with some folks, looking at some ways the company policies aren't supporting culture & #ghAfterHours given the differences in work/life culture, office size, etc. and how we can improve that way. On the positive side - man, just reading how positive a work experience you're having, is all the motivation I need! Creating a place where amazing people can be challenged and rewarded while feeling supported and encouraged, that's what it's all about for me. Smiles all around! Thanks for your continued honest feedback and the constructive approach in which you provided it!

4. 5.0

Great team, great tech

Oct 20, 2016 - Director of Infrastructure Engineering in Boulder, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Greenhouse for a little over 2 years now. The company has grown a lot since then, but one thing that's stayed the same has been the culture of the team. We've managed to keep the same feel of a small company where everyone is working together for a common goal, all they way from 15 employees when I was hired to over 200 today. On the engineering team itself, it's rare to find a group of people with both a high technical acumen combined with such a strong sense of collaboration, both within teams and between teams. On the Greenhouse Engineering team we also have a great opportunity to work with some really interesting new technology. My team, for instance, has built an internal platform-as-a-service on top of open source tools like Mesos and Marathon, Docker, and Consul. This system provides our developers a stable and secure platform to develop, test, and push to production.

Cons

I am honestly at a loss to think of any. Greenhouse has given me a great opportunity to grow as an engineer and a manager, and has been a great place to work.

4 people found this review helpful

CEO

That's really nice to read. I'm glad you're having such a positive experience. It can sometimes be a challenge from the CEO seat to know how it's going for others. Usually I'm brought in to help fix problems. So ... this is nice to read. Thanks! The one thing I'll add is, keep up the great work! A great company culture can be supported by me and the rest of the leadership team but not without the passion and hard work of everyone here.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great current and future opportunity

Aug 4, 2016 - Director in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most worthwhile opportunities are either great for the near term, or are tough places to be with a positive future outlook. The fact the Greenhouse is both is what makes it great. This is a company that invests a lot in hiring great people, so you're surrounded by talented, hard workers, and goes out of its way to create an environment which keeps people engaged. It then invests in helping people get better, so that they can grow within the company and beyond. I've worked at companies which clearly exist just to be sold. Everything about Greenhouse is geared toward building for the long game - for employees and for customers.

Cons

We're a pioneer in our space who's had great success changing the game, so now the competition is gunning for us. That's not for the faint-hearted, so be prepared to bring your A game.

Be the first to find this review helpful

CEO

Great perspective & great advice!

6. 5.0

Working @ Greenhouse

Apr 23, 2018 - Director of Engineering in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Interesting product challenges and focus. - The products we work have a real business impact. - Great place to work (people and environment)

Cons

In a small company like Greenhouse, the work environment is better and the impact you can have is far greater, but there are fewer employee perks than at a large tech company.

Be the first to find this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for the note. I love what you have to say and appreciate that you took the time to say it! I know folks value hearing what it's really like. And, yes, while I think we provide a good set of perks & total comp, there will always be places that pay/provide more. Fair comment.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews