Greenhouse Software Director Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 23, 2019

5.0
Greenhouse Software CEO Daniel Chait
Daniel Chait

"Dedicated To People In Product & In House!"

Current Employee - DIRECTOR of ENTERPRISE MARKETING in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing distributed working environment. Growing fast but making business decisions in a conservative way while managing customer expectations.

Cons

Growth means wearing a lot of hats and taking on a lot for every one of us but it feels great to be solving problems with dedicated people and leaders that built a product and an organization that prioritizes people.

Advice to Management

Cross-functional alignment on KPIs would help drive efficiency in our overall initiatives. Clarity on every org's top goals would be great!

Greenhouse Software2019-08-24

"Top-of-the-line"

Current Employee - Director of Engineering in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Culture from top to bottom is thoughtful and puts people first - Great benefits, and a really amazing and supportive place to work for parents - If we make software to help companies amazing at hiring and onboarding, we better be good at it ourselves! (We are)

Cons

Since the company has been growing so much, there are some processes around org-wide communication and decision making that feel underdeveloped. It seems like this is actively being worked on, though.

Greenhouse Software2019-08-05
  3. "Working @ Greenhouse"

Current Employee - Director of Engineering in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Interesting product challenges and focus. - The products we work have a real business impact. - Great place to work (people and environment)

Cons

In a small company like Greenhouse, the work environment is better and the impact you can have is far greater, but there are fewer employee perks than at a large tech company.

Greenhouse Software2018-04-23

"Lots of accomplishments so far, lots more fun runway ahead"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Greenhouse has been the formative experience of my career so far. I feel incredibly grateful to have ended up here doing the work I've done with the people around me. There are a few things to highlight: * I have been given more opportunities for growth than I've had ever before. This comes in two ways: 1) My manager consistently looks for new challenges for me, and advocates for me to get them, and 2) helps me... think about things that are hard or not that fun in the moment as growth (which is always true) * The people are really great. Particularly at the management / leadership levels, I genuinely feel that people are invested in each other and Greenhouse's success. Lots of good intentions, very little politics. * I'm motivated by the general problem we're solving. It's fun to think about how to move an entire industry, and I like that changing our industry changes lots of lives (make work / finding work a great experience)

Cons

* A pro and con for me is the speed of change. It's what keeps me engaged, but at the same time the moment you think your comfortable, something changes and there's a new problem to solve and you're uncomfortable again. It can be tiring at moments. * It can be harder to capture the good vibes / excitement from the SF office and you often have to advocate for yourself more than our NYC counterparts to get the same... quality of work done.

Advice to Management

Eh, not much of substance. Thanks for being you.

Greenhouse Software2017-06-09
  5. "Great current and future opportunity"

Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software

Pros

Most worthwhile opportunities are either great for the near term, or are tough places to be with a positive future outlook. The fact the Greenhouse is both is what makes it great. This is a company that invests a lot in hiring great people, so you're surrounded by talented, hard workers, and goes out of its way to create an environment which keeps people engaged. It then invests in helping people get better,... so that they can grow within the company and beyond. I've worked at companies which clearly exist just to be sold. Everything about Greenhouse is geared toward building for the long game - for employees and for customers.

Cons

We're a pioneer in our space who's had great success changing the game, so now the competition is gunning for us. That's not for the faint-hearted, so be prepared to bring your A game.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on building a great team, which we all agree has been and will be the key to success. Our people are our greatest strength.

Greenhouse Software2016-08-04