Greenhouse Software Director of Engineering Reviews

Updated Aug 5, 2019

5.0
Greenhouse Software CEO Daniel Chait
Daniel Chait

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Top-of-the-line

Aug 5, 2019 - Director of Engineering in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Culture from top to bottom is thoughtful and puts people first - Great benefits, and a really amazing and supportive place to work for parents - If we make software to help companies amazing at hiring and onboarding, we better be good at it ourselves! (We are)

Cons

Since the company has been growing so much, there are some processes around org-wide communication and decision making that feel underdeveloped. It seems like this is actively being worked on, though.

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

Great comments particularly about being a supportive place for parents. It's inevitable in an ambitious startup that people will be stressed, have a lot of work, chaos will ensue, etc. Finding ways to deal with that while still putting first what's most important (your health & family) is never easy but glad to hear you're having a good experience in that regard.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great team, great tech

Oct 20, 2016 - Director of Infrastructure Engineering in Boulder, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Greenhouse for a little over 2 years now. The company has grown a lot since then, but one thing that's stayed the same has been the culture of the team. We've managed to keep the same feel of a small company where everyone is working together for a common goal, all they way from 15 employees when I was hired to over 200 today. On the engineering team itself, it's rare to find a group of people with both a high technical acumen combined with such a strong sense of collaboration, both within teams and between teams. On the Greenhouse Engineering team we also have a great opportunity to work with some really interesting new technology. My team, for instance, has built an internal platform-as-a-service on top of open source tools like Mesos and Marathon, Docker, and Consul. This system provides our developers a stable and secure platform to develop, test, and push to production.

Cons

I am honestly at a loss to think of any. Greenhouse has given me a great opportunity to grow as an engineer and a manager, and has been a great place to work.

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful

CEO

That's really nice to read. I'm glad you're having such a positive experience. It can sometimes be a challenge from the CEO seat to know how it's going for others. Usually I'm brought in to help fix problems. So ... this is nice to read. Thanks! The one thing I'll add is, keep up the great work! A great company culture can be supported by me and the rest of the leadership team but not without the passion and hard work of everyone here.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Working @ Greenhouse

Apr 23, 2018 - Director of Engineering in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Interesting product challenges and focus. - The products we work have a real business impact. - Great place to work (people and environment)

Cons

In a small company like Greenhouse, the work environment is better and the impact you can have is far greater, but there are fewer employee perks than at a large tech company.

Be the first to find this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for the note. I love what you have to say and appreciate that you took the time to say it! I know folks value hearing what it's really like. And, yes, while I think we provide a good set of perks & total comp, there will always be places that pay/provide more. Fair comment.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 English Reviews