Greenhouse Software Reviews

Updated May 11, 2021

4.4
Greenhouse Software CEO Daniel Chait
Daniel Chait
Pros
  • "Amazing benefits, perks, and work/life balance(in 15 reviews)

• "Outstanding company culture that makes coming to work enjoyable(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Compensation is very good at Greenhouse(in 17 reviews)

• "Fast growth comes with growing pains(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great place to work.

Apr 12, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work and their Manager Team is very responsible.

Cons

Unless you are in a senior role, your voice is not heard

CEO

First of all thanks so much for taking the time to provide your perspectives, I know people appreciate it. Great to hear that overall you had a positive experience and recommend Greenhouse. Especially gratifying that you think GH is a great place to work and you had positive things to say about the managers here. I agree they're a strong group! And, thank you for your constructive feedback as well. We are growing super fast and with that growth, it can be a real challenge to make sure everyone's voice is heard. I'm sure that didn't feel great to be giving it your all and yet not fully feel like your views were landing. Whether it's our AMA's, survey's, small group meetings, or other channels, we are constantly looking for ways to improve communication and help every voice to be heard. We will keep at it!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic company with great values!

Apr 1, 2021 - Customer Support Specialist in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great benefits, and they really make you feel included and part of the team.

Cons

The only downside so far has been that the pandemic prevents us from working in the office together.

CEO

Thanks for the wonderful write up. Really great to see and I'm proud we have had such a positive impact on you.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Many job oppurtunite's if you have the confidence

Apr 22, 2021 - Payroll & HRIS Specialist in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast-growing pre-IPO company with stock options

Cons

Company organization chart needs adjustments

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for your feedback. I know people appreciate hearing from insiders, and while of course I'm disappointed that it seems we've come up short of some of your expectations I'm glad you recommend Greenhouse overall. As well, I would appreciate learning more about how I could have earned your approval. Please feel free to drop me a note directly, I'd be pleased to chat further in the interest of learning & continual improvement. As you mention, we are fast-growing and invariably that means there are always things we could be doing better. In any event - thanks for the recommendation.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Thoughtful leadership and good core mission

Mar 8, 2021 - Data Scientist in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, flexibility to make sure employees have a good work/life balance, good vision, and mission

Cons

Risk aversion. Greenhouse can be slow to move in new directions including how the business operates as we scale.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Phenomenal Company. Amazing place to work.

Jan 29, 2021 - People Operations Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Greenhouse is a company with a great product and an amazing social impact. The executive team truly cares about its employees and thinks deeply on DEI related issues internally and in regards to the product. Everyone is kind and collaborative, and I feel really jazzed to work with my colleagues. I'm really happy to be here.

Cons

I don't see any cons about working at Greenhouse! I love it here.

CEO

Holy moly - what a wonderful headline. So, so great to hear that we're living up to our ambitions for you -- to be a place where people can do the best work of their career and where they can truly belong. Thanks for sharing!

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great!

Mar 11, 2021 - Customer Support Specialist in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company culture, and trips to New York

Cons

Support work, is tough, and not the best pay

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Hypocritical Culture: Talk a big game, but they don't walk the walk

Nov 25, 2020 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

- learned a lot - was successful - good product

Cons

Overall, I was very disappointed by Greenhouse. While I learned a lot for my career, I also learned that they make decisions that benefit leadership and don't look out for their employees. If you want to work for a company that is honest, dependable, principled, or accountable, do not work here. CONS: - poor leadership decisions. - poor sales team culture, not inclusive (despite advertising themselves as a DE&I leading company - in fact, there are many complaints internally about having a non-equitable culture). the sales team is much like a 'boys club' and very immature, even catty. - good performance is not rewarded, often promoting people who have missed quota many months or quarters in a row. - they talk about caring for employee happiness and good culture, but they don't follow through on promises. promotions are promised, then taken away. raises and bonuses promised and then not given. commission earned and not paid.

Continue reading
      12 people found this review helpful

CEO

Ugh, so sorry to hear you had such a negative experience here. We truly strive for excellence in how we manage and treat people. We can't be perfect so I'm sure there are times when someone doesn't feel the organization lives up to our aspirations; nonetheless it's disappointing to hear about it and I'm sorry. Having said that, I view feedback as a gift and appreciate that you cared enough to take the time to provide it. In the spirit of trying to learn as much as I can, I went and researched our sales promotion numbers. From what I can see, I am not able to match your comment around promoting poor performers to the data I was reviewing. Our SDR org for example, is probably one of the more metrics-driven orgs -- in order to be eligible for a promotion, there are strict quota achievement requirements (including >90% attainment in trailing 3 months in the role). Of the AE's we've promoted over the past 2 years, only 1 had attainment less than 100% (and it was 92%) in the 3 mos prior to promotion. Etc, etc. So, I'll continue to keep an eye out for these dynamics but so far have not been able to find much evidence for them. Meanwhile I wish you the best and hope that future teams provide you with satisfaction and the ability to fulfill your potential.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work at

Feb 27, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
      Business Outlook

Pros

The amazing Inclusive and authentic culture

Cons

There are no cons from what I’ve seen

CEO

Wow thank you for the super kind note - great to hear! I really hope that Greenhouse is a place where everyone can do their best work and feels that they belong. Sounds like we hit the nail on the head for you in that regard. Fantastic! 💚

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture

Feb 16, 2021 - Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, onboarding was thorough, it is clear they practice what they preach in regards to their product.

Cons

Covid layoffs took place 2 weeks after joining the team.

CEO

Ugh what terrible timing. The period in spring of 2020 was scary and sad in so many ways; I can't imagine the mix of feelings that starting a new job amidst all of that must have created. So sorry to hear it.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great product, great team

Feb 8, 2021 - Anonymous
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture and employee benefits stellar product, lots of room to grow and develop from a career standpoint.

Cons

No real cons/complaints. Standard growing pains as expected for any fast growing start up

CEO

I know people appreciate the feedback , thanks for contributing your perspective.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 186 Reviews