Greenhouse Software Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Greenhouse Software CEO Daniel Chait
Daniel Chait

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Everyone here supports work/life balance" (in 10 reviews)

• "Some of the reasons I love working at Greenhouse include:" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is growing quickly, so there are a few growing pains" (in 8 reviews)

• "There are growing pains as I would expect at any organization in this position" (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sales"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging work - learning more about high end software and technology than I ever thought that I would. Flexing new mental muscles I didn't know I had.

Creative thinking - the job itself is not an easy one, and each customer situation is so different. This prompts me to exercise my brain and collaboration skills.

Growth - I am sharpening a set of sales skills that I had previously thought to be fully developed. I am undoubtedly growing significantly, in a relevant way that will apply to the rest of my career.

Best solution on the market - and with that comes a price. Makes the sales challenging, stressful, but fun!

Cons

Expectations are high and this is not a job you can coast through. Not that this is a a con, but with this can come longer days at times.

Jun 21, 2018 – CEO

Challenge, creativity, and growth -- not sure I could think of a better way to describe my ideal workplace! So glad you're experiencing all that!! 💚💚💚💚

The stress & hard work, yeah I get... More

"Awesome Experience!"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time

Pros

Collaborative, exciting opportunity, great product, strong leadership

Cons

Growing fast which is great but also means still figuring out some things

Advice to Management

Keep the strong focus on building a great company for your employees that's also successful!

Mar 19, 2019 – CEO

Glad you're having a positive experience at Greenhouse!
    Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback; I know that people appreciate it very much.

"Best decision I've ever made"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The people are very real. I feel like I can be myself at work.
    - The company is growing FAST..so it's good to be in on the bottom level.
    - The brand is growing fast, so people are recognizing the name at the top product in the industry.

Cons

- Sometimes people in the office who are used to working at larger companies get frustrated with the aspect of "startup struggles". We are still developing a process for many parts of the sales org, but that is also a good thing because you are the one being part of creating this best practice.

Mar 19, 2019 – CEO

Wow that's a fantastic headline, I'm so proud we're able to set such a standard for you!

Super interesting feedback under "cons" - being at a fast-growing startup can feel jarring especially if... More

"Genuinely a great company and a terrific place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am early in my tenure at Greenhouse, but the experience so far has been wonderful!

It really feels like this company is about to do some magical things. There is a ton of positive energy and strong momentum, as the team performed really well last year and surpassed all targets. Greenhouse is hitting on all cylinders and is poised for tremendous growth this year. To be a part of a thriving organization is special and it feels great!

My experience thus far has been stellar - and it's the people at Greenhouse who are to thank. Everyone has been friendly, supportive, insightful, and willing to help. We've had a ton of training sessions from various members of different departments - and everyone seems genuinely in love with the company, nobody seemed to be "mailing it in" during any sessions, which says a lot. There's good energy running throughout the company and it's refreshing to work in this type of environment!

People are passionate about Greenhouse and the product - you can tell there is strong belief that we are the new exciting technology in the space and the sky is the limit for where this company can go. It feels like leadership is mindful of customers and thoughtful about strategy and execution when rolling out new products - and it's awesome that the company is innovating well-beyond what others in the space are doing.

Also, I love that the founders have been involved in interviewing and onboarding - and that they are accessible, involved, and passionate. It means a ton to the employees that they run the business this way. It's inspiring to witness their dedication - and it is easy to see why the company was voted a best place to work on Glassdoor for the last couple of years.

Cons

Too good to be true? I am not sure, but so far so good. I am sure there are similar challenges to other companies scaling quickly at the rate we are, however, I haven't witnessed anything that would be cause for concern.

Advice to Management

Please stay involved and close to product and sales for as long as you can. I've witnessed fast growth previously and it felt like leadership became detached, unfocused, and out of reach. As we scale, it will be critical (but difficult) to focus on removing roadblocks and to let us all do what we were hired to do. The more you can aid in enabling speed for innovation in product and to help sales people close deals, the better we'll all be for it. Please remain engaged with our customers; it's super important that you continue to hear of their challenges and pains, so that we remain client-centric in our approach to innovation, sales, and service.

I am highly optimistic about this company and what the future has in store. Thanks so much for building a great company!

Mar 19, 2019 – CEO

Thank you so much for making the effort to provide such a detailed review & feedback - I know that folks absolutely appreciate hearing what it's really like from the inside.

A few comments... More

"Fantastic Place to Work"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was drawn to Greenhouse for a number of reasons (great culture, exciting stage of growth, best-in-class product), but the reasons I will stay far exceed that.

All of those things remain true, but Greenhouse has:
    -Amazing, down to earth people. You can have a great culture full of fun, free perks, but what means the most is my ability to come to work and communicate with people who are kind and authentic at every level.
    -A "hustle" mindset -- people want to move fast, be effective at what they do, and win
    -A strong belief across the board in the product roadmap and company vision

Cons

My team is still in a period of growth and some restructuring with new leadership, so there is a bit of shifting in team mindsets, attitudes, approach to work, etc. We feel positively that this is just a time of transition, which happens in any org.

Dec 17, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to provide this review! Really glad to hear your career here is off to such a positive beginning. I really appreciate the lovely things you have to say about Greenhouse... More

"Great Customer Success Team"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Challenging work so there are a lot of opportunities to learn and grow.
    - Great company culture - they practice what they preach and you can bring your whole self to work.
    - Our customers are great and our product is great! Leads to really rewarding experiences with customers.
    - Just moved to a new office with a lot of great perks.
    - Great collaboration amongst teams.

Cons

- The company is growing so it is hard to know everyone in the office and plan company-wide activities.

Advice to Management

I am so happy to be here and feel lucky to work here! Keep listening to employees and being transparent about the direction of the company.

Dec 17, 2018 – CEO

Wow - so great to read all the positive aspects of what you're experiencing. It's bringing a smile to my face on a Monday morning! Work, culture, customers, product, office space, team - you covered... More

"The Best Place To Be"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time

Pros

Working on amazing products with a truly amazing team. Everyone here is so helpful and welcoming! I am encouraged to do my best work and I am also lucky enough to be able to keep learning and growing. The team is super diverse and encourages openness, individuality and inclusion. I've seriously never worked anywhere better than this. We are also in a great location with great snacks!

Cons

There are legitimately no cons.

Aug 28, 2018 – CEO

I love the positivity. As much as I really value constructive criticism and see it as a gift, sometimes it just makes me smile to hear the really nice stuff. 💚

Don't worry - if you ever have... More

"Greenhouse rules"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Awesome product
    - People are really passionate about our mission
    - Great opportunity for career development
    - Founders are solid and I always feel like employees' best interest are at heart
    - If you want to roll up your sleeves and build something Greenhouse is for you - you are encouraged to do meaningful work, even if it's not your immediate job description
    - Great people - some of my best friends are made here
    - Data-driven - pretty mature company for our size and decisions are almost always backed by data and measured regularly, rarely "flying by the seat of our pants" but still nimble when we need to be
    - Highly transparent culture - from the top down
    - Consistently hitting most of our numbers

Cons

- Highly collaborative environment can sometimes feel like "too many cooks in the kitchen"
    - Somewhat "flat" hierarchy can sometimes be tough to navigate
    - Sometimes can seem like a heavy meeting culture
    - Sales culture doesn't seem very competitive,

Advice to Management

For the most part keep up the good work. I feel like my voice is heard and most recommendations I make within the org are considered and typically actioned on where appropriate.

Aug 28, 2018 – CEO

Thanks you sincerely for taking time for this thorough writeup. It feels great to see the long list of Pro's and thoughtful critiques - many of which are echoed by many of your colleagues here... More

"Best Place to Work"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time

Pros

Some of the reasons I love working at Greenhouse include:
    - Clear visibility into career growth and encouragement to partake in learning & development to increase skillset
    - Emphasis on diversity & inclusion within the workplace
    - Priority to maintain company culture during high-growth periods
    - Increased share in the market, proving our continuous impact and ability to scale
    - Authentic and open two-way communication from executive leadership down
    - Cross-departmental collaboration to achieve company & team goals

Cons

The only 'con' is that we have run out of meeting rooms and don't have much space for private meetings. That being said, we are moving offices in the near future and I know these concerns are being addressed.

Advice to Management

I value the way our leadership team runs the business and provides visibility into goals and decisions that impact employees. I am confident management will continue to prioritize maintaining our authenticity and transparency as we continue to grow headcount.

Aug 28, 2018 – CEO

Hi there - appreciate the note! So, so happy to hear you're having such a positive experience here. As to some of the cons you point out, as I'm sure you know, we hope many of those to be addressed... More

"Sales Development Representative"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time

Pros

Greenhouse is, by far, the best organization that I have ever worked for. The people are incredible - supportive, collaborative and genuinely care about each other's success, and the success of the company. Everyone is treated as a human being, not just a number. There are endless opportunities for learning and development, as well as a structured career ladder.

Cons

There simply aren't any cons!

Aug 28, 2018 – CEO

I am really, really proud of our SDR team. I know at many other places it can seem like a real grind, but our SDR leaders are some of the best leaders I've worked with anywhere and I give them tons... More