Greenhouse Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Daniel Chait
  1. "Eh...."

Current Employee - Data Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pretty great people and initiatives that are challenging yet doable.

Cons

A lot of evangelizing internally/externally which leaves teams not willing to make chages.

Greenhouse Software2019-11-27

"#1 place to work for a reason!"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Genuine people in a highly creative and collaborative environment.

Cons

Have yet to come across any.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Greenhouse Software2019-11-19

"Good company with challenges"

Former Employee - Recruiting in New York, NY

I worked at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Broadly, the people are kind. You can make genuine friends here. - Career advancement and development is something the company truly cares about. Most roles to my knowledge have thoughtful career ladders in place. Tons of first time managers. Opportunities to move laterally across departments are there too if your ambitions want to lead you elsewhere. - Greenhouse Recruiting is a product you can get behind.... Great company for any recruiting professional. :)

Cons

- DE&I in some ways have been a blindspot at the company. Hyperfocus on great Glassdoor reviews, ill-defined engagement surveys, and gender parity with no accountability on racial/ethnic diversity, although steps are being taken to address this (cultural awareness/sensitivity training, leadership/hiring manager accountability, rescoping engagement surveys to capture different experiences, DE&I executive search firms... for leadership roles, etc). - People team resources are scarce, not at the size to support growth at scale. - (Recruiting) processes are a bit too bureaucratic and will inevitably break, but expected to be overengineered at a recruiting company. - NY office space isn’t exactly ideal — compartmentalized into 4 floors (WeWork) with card access and some floors requiring a card even to use the bathroom or grab utensils.

Advice to Management

1) DE&I - There are a lot of great individuals doing DE&I work at Greenhouse. They deserve to be recognized and compensated for their work, whether it be monetarily or integrated in their career ladders. This work is incredibly taxing on people of color with little light at the end of the tunnel. - Accountability needs to be continually reinforced by the CEO and the rest of the executive team. Each executive should... be able to speak to what DE&I means for themselves, their respective organizations, and hold their managers accountable. Individuals will eventually want to hear from folks other than Dan and Jon. 2) Leadership sentiment and awareness - Not everything will be captured in pulse surveys. Pay attention to what folks are saying about their managers & department leaders. Be proactive about it and you’ll surface things before they become detrimental to the organization and the people.

Greenhouse Software2019-10-26

"Best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Growing fast - Incredibly generous benefits - Remarkable people and culture

Cons

- Growing pains from high-growth - Starting pay bands feel a little low for the amount of work - Workload can feel intense, job is more technical than many other support roles.

Advice to Management

You're doing great. Please hold all employees to same standard as new hires and keep iterating on metrics and onboarding.

Greenhouse Software2019-09-30

"Good place to work"

Former Employee - SDR

I worked at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great mission to improve hiring

Cons

SDR Management is inexperienced and should go through a management training program before they get the opportunity to manager. Management should also take interest in knowing people and not just their performance

Advice to Management

People are not numbers. This is a great company.

Greenhouse Software2019-09-09

"Inclusive and by far the best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Where to start.... I can say that I have never felt more included or welcomed into an organization... EVER! I have never felt so heard. The CEO and other senior stakeholders acknowledge me by name, and are always interested to have conversations and hear feedback from others regardless of role! This sounds simple but this goes a long way. My feedback feels valued, I feel like I contribute to a great organization..., and I feel like I work alongside amazing colleagues who are leading the charge. People leaders are not just leaders but they are coaches. I am surrounded by amazing people and feel like I can grow and develop on a daily basis. Greenhouse believes and stands up for diversity and inclusion which is a breath of fresh air. I honestly cannot applaud them enough. To any prospective employee reading this, this isn't just hype, Greenhouse is the real thing. Great product, great people, and great culture! I feel like I am right where I am supposed to be and it feels great!

Cons

None to think of at all!

Advice to Management

Keep doing great things.

Greenhouse Software2019-08-28

"Dedicated To People In Product & In House!"

Current Employee - DIRECTOR of ENTERPRISE MARKETING in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing distributed working environment. Growing fast but making business decisions in a conservative way while managing customer expectations.

Cons

Growth means wearing a lot of hats and taking on a lot for every one of us but it feels great to be solving problems with dedicated people and leaders that built a product and an organization that prioritizes people.

Advice to Management

Cross-functional alignment on KPIs would help drive efficiency in our overall initiatives. Clarity on every org's top goals would be great!

Greenhouse Software2019-08-24

"Amazing company to work with!"

Current Employee - SDR

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time

Pros

Amazing onboarding experience. Unmatched culture. High office energy. Unlimited resources. Fully transparent.

Cons

Have not run into any yet!

Greenhouse Software2019-08-09

"Top-of-the-line"

Current Employee - Director of Engineering in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Culture from top to bottom is thoughtful and puts people first - Great benefits, and a really amazing and supportive place to work for parents - If we make software to help companies amazing at hiring and onboarding, we better be good at it ourselves! (We are)

Cons

Since the company has been growing so much, there are some processes around org-wide communication and decision making that feel underdeveloped. It seems like this is actively being worked on, though.

Greenhouse Software2019-08-05

"The best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Senior Operations Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-The most intelligent, hard-working team I've been on -Each day brings an exciting new challenge/project -Lots of autonomy to explore and solve interesting problems -Tons of collaboration and a genuinely happy place to work

Cons

The only downsides are things that any scaling company faces: -Learning how to include remote/distributed seamlessly into meetings with technology -Maintaining the sense of community across a growing number of offices (we are now hiring a role to specifically focus on this!!!)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing -- each decision is thoughtful and you've earned the trust of employees as you continue building this awesome community!

Greenhouse Software2019-08-05