Greenhouse Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Daniel Chait

"Awesome Company~"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time

Pros

-Nice People -Great Onboarding -Ease of Training

Cons

-Career Ladder as an SDR

Greenhouse Software2019-06-24

"rocks"

Current Employee - IT Senior Manager

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time

Pros

great place to work and eat

Cons

none that I can think of.

Greenhouse Software2019-07-12

"Grow with Greenhouse"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time

Pros

Thoughtful Leadership Open + Enjoyable Culture

Cons

Things can move slowly for a start-up (decisions being made, people being hired)

Greenhouse Software2019-06-10

"GH is like a swan: serene at the surface, turbulent underneath"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Greenhouse Software full-time

Pros

Great reputation, striving towards good values, great product

Cons

Where to begin. Stressed out management. Limited mobility despite reputation to the contrary. Recruiting department is in the spotlight and particularly unpleasant to work in. Clique-ey. Political. Inexperienced managers.

Advice to Management

Create opportunities for upward feedback. Quarterly reviews for the reports don't count- you need 360 reviews for the managers themselves. Work on your recruiting team culture. They are so stressed out! and sales. Turnover on both your people and sales teams will improve if you create opportunities to relax together. Even "fun days" were tense and work-related on those teams. People need to chill out. Trust that... they’ll do good work even if you’re not breathing down their necks. ESPECIALLY if you’re not breathing down their necks. Train your managers more than you are. My experience was a micro-manager who made it miserable for me to do my work. The job isn’t rocket science. Allow some creativity. Did I mention fun days? Let them be FUN days. **ADVICE TO CANDIDATES: Greenhouse are experts in recruiting so don’t rely on the interview process as your full view onto what it’s like to work there. Talk to entry level people who have been at GH for at least 6 months (past the honeymoon phase) in whatever department you are applying to, particularly if it’s a role in the people department or the sales department. GH is a great company but it has its flaws, like any company does. Do your homework to make sure the flaws align with your values and personality.

Greenhouse Software2019-06-08

"Fantastic Company with Leadership that really Cares"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- You feel supported and people want to see you grow and develop. - All of the department executives are great, thoughtful, smart and constantly willing to evolve as the company grows. The CTO in particular is one of the most genuine and empathetic department heads I have ever worked with. - Transparent org. Feedback is constantly requested and addressed. There's no sweeping anything under the rug to make... people look good. Leadership genuinely wants to hear your opinions and acts them.

Cons

- The company is growing and we have all the normal pain points involved with that. However there's a lot of thoughtful intent as we continue to expand which makes me feel really hopeful for the future. - Pay bands are on the moderate side so if you're looking for a top of market salary you probably won't find it here.

Advice to Management

- Continue to work on diversifying the leadership team. The c-suite is incredible but I can't help but wonder how much a more diverse leadership team would help us blossom. I know you're working on it just keep it up!

Greenhouse Software2019-05-28

"The best company I've worked for by far"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is the most professional, respectful, fun, challenging and rewarding job I've ever had. Offering a lot of autonomy, but with guidance whenever I need it. Work life balance is second to none, I literally am in charge of my own time and it's great. The culture is awesome (and I love all of the clubs), people are so nice and welcoming,

Cons

Really can't think of any at the moment? Maybe the lack of 401k matching?

Advice to Management

Keep being so open, honest and accessible as you are

Greenhouse Software2019-04-04

"Great company with great opportunities for growth"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Endless opportunities for personal growth, learning and development -Outstanding company culture that makes coming to work enjoyable -The people! Everyone is authentic, transparent and incredibly supportive of one another

Cons

-The job can be challenging at times, given that the team performs at a very high level, although this is not necessarily a con

Greenhouse Software2019-04-03

"Greenhouse is a better company than most"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great group of people. Everyone is truly passionate about the work they do and really want to see each other and our customers succeed - Accessible leadership. Dan and Jon remain highly visible and accessible. I hope this continues as the company grows -Challenging work. You can't coast through your day here, but you can expect to be challenged and given the room to develop your unique style of... work -Flexbiility. Most managers are supportive of different work styles, needs, and arrangements

Cons

-Fast growth comes with growing pains. Not sure if some of our mid-level management is truly equipped to support us as we grow at this rate - Not hiring fast enough for the needs of the business which causes workload and frustrations to trickle down to IC's -Lot's of survey's with some of the less than stellar survey feedback being swept under the rug. -Favoritism abound, but to be fair this exists at many orgs.... So come prepared to "play the game"

Advice to Management

Stay close to entry, mid level IC's for a true read of what's happening across departments.

Greenhouse Software2019-03-27

"Awesome Experience!"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time

Pros

Collaborative, exciting opportunity, great product, strong leadership

Cons

Growing fast which is great but also means still figuring out some things

Advice to Management

Keep the strong focus on building a great company for your employees that's also successful!

Greenhouse Software2019-03-06

"Genuinely a great company and a terrific place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am early in my tenure at Greenhouse, but the experience so far has been wonderful!
 It really feels like this company is about to do some magical things. There is a ton of positive energy and strong momentum, as the team performed really well last year and surpassed all targets. Greenhouse is hitting on all cylinders and is poised for tremendous growth this year. To be a part of a thriving organization is... special and it feels great!
 My experience thus far has been stellar - and it's the people at Greenhouse who are to thank. Everyone has been friendly, supportive, insightful, and willing to help. We've had a ton of training sessions from various members of different departments - and everyone seems genuinely in love with the company, nobody seemed to be "mailing it in" during any sessions, which says a lot. There's good energy running throughout the company and it's refreshing to work in this type of environment!
 People are passionate about Greenhouse and the product - you can tell there is strong belief that we are the new exciting technology in the space and the sky is the limit for where this company can go. It feels like leadership is mindful of customers and thoughtful about strategy and execution when rolling out new products - and it's awesome that the company is innovating well-beyond what others in the space are doing.
 Also, I love that the founders have been involved in interviewing and onboarding - and that they are accessible, involved, and passionate. It means a ton to the employees that they run the business this way. It's inspiring to witness their dedication - and it is easy to see why the company was voted a best place to work on Glassdoor for the last couple of years.

Cons

Too good to be true? I am not sure, but so far so good. I am sure there are similar challenges to other companies scaling quickly at the rate we are, however, I haven't witnessed anything that would be cause for concern.

Advice to Management

Please stay involved and close to product and sales for as long as you can. I've witnessed fast growth previously and it felt like leadership became detached, unfocused, and out of reach. As we scale, it will be critical (but difficult) to focus on removing roadblocks and to let us all do what we were hired to do. The more you can aid in enabling speed for innovation in product and to help sales people close deals..., the better we'll all be for it. Please remain engaged with our customers; it's super important that you continue to hear of their challenges and pains, so that we remain client-centric in our approach to innovation, sales, and service.
 I am highly optimistic about this company and what the future has in store. Thanks so much for building a great company!

Greenhouse Software2019-02-26