Greenhouse Software Reviews

1. 4.0

Good Company

Mar 26, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in La Verne, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They wanted you to grow as a individual

Cons

Work life Balance was not clear

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overall a very mediocre place to work

Feb 1, 2021 - Sales Development Representative in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team bonding and friendly managers

Cons

I just didn't enjoy working here. The people were nice and the office was okay, but it felt like you were constantly on the chopping block of a company that could not make ends meet. There were two massive layoffs when I worked here. Yikes. The overall vibe at Greenhouse was cordial but superficial. I would not recommend working here if you are motivated by working with people who lift up your ideas or management that celebrates creativity.

3 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear that your experience here was not what you hoped. We strive to be a place where everyone can do the best work of their career and feel as if they truly belong; clearly we were not able to deliver on that expectation for you. I sincerely hope you've been able to find a workplace that better supports you and meets your needs. One note for interested readers: we in fact did have one layoff, during April 2020, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and resulting economic disruption. While of course extremely difficult for those affected by it, we felt it was necessary to take swift and significant action to ensure we could withstand the challenging economic circumstance. We did not have a second layoff.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Pros and Cons

Feb 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great product, definitely the best in the market Great people, truly amazing employees Great founders, they're good guys Good work life balance, for a startup Good benefits, medical, dental vision, PTO, etc - all solid

Cons

Salaries are fair at best, nothing special, no 401k match Leadership is mixed, some executives are really experienced, others are really under-qualified Confusing HR policies, nothing egregious, just always tends to be confusing, unclear, not well thought-out Some teams are a little clicky, again not egregious, just not a great experience for everyone

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback. I know people appreciate hearing real perspectives from employees on the inside so I'm grateful that you took the time to provide it and to spell out where you think Greenhouse is not only great but how we could improve.

4. 4.0

Great experience

Mar 25, 2021 - Customer Success
    Business Outlook

Pros

Building with driven, intelligent people

Cons

You experience the typical startup challenges

5. 5.0

Awesome!

Feb 16, 2021 - Customer Support Specialist in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Diverse, Inclusive, Great work/life balance

Cons

Compensation could be a bit better.

Wow! Short and to the point, I like it 💚

6. 5.0

Excellent people!

Feb 7, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer I in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- People are amazing - Great comp

Cons

- Product direction changes as we grow (typical growing pains)

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

Wow what outstanding feedback! Thanks for sharing it, I know that people really value hearing about our company from those who work here. So glad to hear that the people are among your top reasons for rating us so highly - I agree! I am super proud to be part of this amazing team and committed to continuing to build a workplace where everyone can be their best. Thanks for being a part of that! 💚

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good place for work life balance

Feb 1, 2021 - Customer Success
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved the people I worked with.

Cons

Health insurance through cigna was not great.

CEO

Thanks for the positive company rating and glad to hear you would recommend Greenhouse. I agree that our team is first-rate and I also love working with them! Too bad to hear that our health insurance wasn't up to standard; will take that feedback into consideration next time we review our benefits.

8. 5.0

Great Place To Work

Jan 25, 2021 - Sales Development Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great support from management whenever you need it

Cons

I don’t really have many cons with it

Continue reading

💚love to see it

9. 5.0

Love it there

Jan 11, 2021 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Had a really great culture

Cons

There were some gaps in the processes

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for the love! As to your feedback, yep I hear you -- keeping processes tight and well tuned as we scale is a constant challenge and, as much as we focus on and invest in that, invariably there will be gaps, things that need to be updated, etc. I'm proud that you point to our culture as such a positive -- as they say, "culture eats strategy for breakfast"!

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company, on the verge of greatness

Jan 20, 2021 - Senior Account Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Great clients 2. Amazing benefits, perks, and work/life balance 3. Quality solution that does good in the world

Cons

1. lacking long term product vision 2. Culture at times doesn't feel geared towards action, lots of encouraging others to do the work or encouraging you to look at content on an internal wiki 3. Don't know where the company is going....is it acquisition, ipo, or other?

CEO

First of all thank you for investing the time to write such a thoughtful and thorough review. I know people value and appreciate hearing from actual employees. Second, I hear you on the need to continually improve how we think about and communicate our long term visions (whether around product or overall company direction) and hopefully with recent all hands improvements, our new internal comms, and other efforts, you have seen some traction there. It will always be a work in progress, and helps to hear this feedback so I can know to continue focusing on it. As to the bias for action comment - I totally empathize! I, too, get frustrated when I can't get stuff done quick enough, struggle to drive cross-functional teams to line up, etc. Part of it is probably endemic to fast-growth startups where everyone has a million things to do. But no doubt there are actions by the other leaders and me, aspects of our culture, processes, etc we can look at which are holding us back. Fair feedback and appreciated. All in all seems like you're having a positive experience with us which I'm really happy about!

Viewing 11 - 20 of 185 Reviews