Greenhouse Software Reviews

Current Employee, more than 3 years

Women in tech

Sep 2, 2020 - R&D in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Many at GH are very intelligent and kind

Cons

Product management + design + engineering are culturally isolated from the rest of the Greenhouse organization. Not very diverse and does not have an authentic commitment to fixing this. CTO runs the show, lacks self-awareness/humility and knowledge about diversity in tech issues. Directors and managers not held accountable for their behavior or their team dynamics. Female team members face range of sexist behavior, incl. microaggressions and explicitly sexist statements. Some tolerate it silently for fear of rocking the boat. HR does nothing to help. A “boys club” atmosphere, political as well, favoritism abounds

19 people found this review helpful

CEO

I'm deeply sorry you've had such a negative experience. What you shared here sounds painful and isn't the experience I would want for anyone on the Greenhouse team. It goes without saying, but the behaviors you described are completely unacceptable, and I fully expect that this view should be shared by all leaders throughout our company. Based on your feedback, we are working to create spaces to make it easier for you and anyone else in R+D to feel comfortable sharing your experience so we can understand and improve your situation and that of the other female team members you described in this review. In the meantime, I truly hope you will share your perspective directly with me, Jamie (Director of DE+I), or Derrick (HRBP) so that we can take more immediate action to help you. In any event, thank you for coming forward with your feedback. It's important to hear all perspectives, even (especially) when they're critical or harder to share.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

The most caring group of coworkers

Apr 20, 2020 - Sales Development Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Greenhouse are truly some of the most caring, genuine coworkers out there. Everyone really wants you to succeed, and even though I was in a sales role, there was very little competition felt between the sales reps. The team was very supportive, and they provided great training and continuous mentorship.

Cons

Very few cons I noticed while working there, and most would relate to my personal adjustment of taking on my first role in sales. The company just went through some major layoffs due to Covid-19, so there will probably be some new difficulties emerging in the coming months.

3 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective and thoughts - it really means a lot to me that you were able to have such a positive experience at Greenhouse during your time here. It's painful as heck that we had to cut some of our incredible staff during these times; though the virus has hit us all hard, I'm sure we'll bounce back. I really like especially that you highlighted the collaborative and supportive nature of our sales org - it's a big part of our "secret formula" for success and a very important value of ours. Thanks.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Awesome Company to work for

Aug 19, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people, Amazing managers, one of the best company I've ever work, people are very supportive of each other.

Cons

I can't think of any at this moment.

CEO

Wow great to see! Having been here so long you certainly must have been through all kinds of ups and downs with us, but looks like through it all you nonetheless went away with a positive experience. Thanks for sharing, I know folks like to read what employees (past and present) have to say.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Nice People, Solid Product, Lackluster Leadership

Jun 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Kind coworkers - A strong product used by a lot of distinguished companies - Fun company events

Cons

- I witnessed too many inappropriate and exclusionary behaviors tolerated for too long. I saw co-founders and leadership turn away from a lot of inexcusable behaviors or worse, acknowledge and ignore them. Leadership has been at times shockingly tone deaf. - Product is VERY slow to evolve. A lot of feature improvements and new products (CRM, Inclusion) are hacky and low impact. - A surprising amount of leadership turnover and poor hires while super talented individuals wait years to be promoted. I would expect more from a company that prides itself on its ability to hire effectively.

9 people found this review helpful

CEO

Hi, thanks for making the effort to share your perspective. Even though it sounds like you didn't have an altogether positive experience here, I'm glad you saw your coworkers as kind and our product as strong. No organization can always get everything right and ours is no different - we're always working to improve. I'm know people appreciate hearing all sides and points of view, so thank you for contributing yours.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Nice place to work

Oct 28, 2020 - Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really happy at Greenhouse. Nice people, consistently interesting work, and a good company culture with leaders who care.

Cons

Wish there was more opportunity for promotion and growth.

CEO

Great to hear you're having such a positive experience here and thanks for making the time to write about it here. I know people really appreciate hearing what real employees have to say about working at the company. I hear you on your desire for more growth opportunities. The first half of 2020 was challenging for growth but I'm optimistic that entering the year ahead there will be more growth and new opportunities.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I feel lucky to be here!

Jan 25, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve found Greenhouse to be an incredibly inclusive and supportive place to grow my career so far. The managers are top notch and care about employees’ long term growth and development, which has made it easy to see a future for myself at the company. It’s also an incredibly collaborative and team-oriented environment, so I’ve never felt alone in my work. The product is also fantastic and truly making a difference in the way companies hire and structure their interview processes, so I feel like the work I do is meaningful.

Cons

The workload can be very demanding because the company is growing so quickly. On the flip side, though, it’s great to be challenged and pushed outside your comfort zone. Managers are great at supporting through these challenges and have very reasonable expectations in my experience.

Continue reading

CEO

I really appreciate the careful and thoughtful write up you provided. And of course I'm super proud that we've been able to have such a positive impact on your and your career. We strive to build a workplace where everyone can do the best work of their career and where they can truly feel that they belong -- it's an incredible feeling to know that you're thriving here in that way. Thanks for the feedback on workload as well. It's true, and at the same time, we are hiring aggressively and updating how we plan and forecast, so that we can try to lower the burden on folks feeling overworked.

7. 5.0

The BEST Place to work

Apr 21, 2020 - SDR in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- company culture - a software with a purpose - a team that cares - tremendous amount of growth and development

Cons

- hard quota attainment - given everything that is going on with COVID, we are in hard times. While I don't think they way they gave lay offs was done the best it could be, I also take into account that this is a foreign action our exec team needed to take. There was no right way to prepare for this.

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective & experience. I know people really appreciate hearing what employees think & feel about working at Greenhouse. And, thank you for your candid feedback; In the wake of COVID-19, I agree something like this is going to be difficult no matter what - and for sure we will learn lessons from this event which there's just no way to perfectly prepare for. I would welcome any direct feedback, please feel free to email/slack me or if you'd prefer, your buddy, Director or other leaders. I value learning from our experiences. Meanwhile thanks again for the review and for your continued hard work & dedication to the team.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Inclusive and by far the best place I've ever worked

Aug 27, 2019 - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Where to start.... I can say that I have never felt more included or welcomed into an organization... EVER! I have never felt so heard. The CEO and other senior stakeholders acknowledge me by name, and are always interested to have conversations and hear feedback from others regardless of role! This sounds simple but this goes a long way. My feedback feels valued, I feel like I contribute to a great organization, and I feel like I work alongside amazing colleagues who are leading the charge. People leaders are not just leaders but they are coaches. I am surrounded by amazing people and feel like I can grow and develop on a daily basis. Greenhouse believes and stands up for diversity and inclusion which is a breath of fresh air. I honestly cannot applaud them enough. To any prospective employee reading this, this isn't just hype, Greenhouse is the real thing. Great product, great people, and great culture! I feel like I am right where I am supposed to be and it feels great!

Cons

None to think of at all!

Continue reading
    6 people found this review helpful

CEO

All I can say is wow. What a lovely review and so glad you focused on belonging. One of our core values and something I believe in deeply. We aren't sitting still though. What works today will surely experience challenges tomorrow. So we'll keep our eyes peeled for new areas of growth, challenge and opportunity. Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and impression with others. I know that people really do value it.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Transparent, supportive, they really care about their employees

Jun 10, 2020 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome culture, transparent and supportive leadership, lots of room to work on projects you care about -- great work/life balance.

Cons

The recent COVID impact reduced our available office space, but I can understand why the decision was made.

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for taking the time to write about and share your experiences. To your point, due to COVID we had to make the call and reduce our office space due to so many people being unable to even come in to the office. Following local guidelines and health regulations as well as concerns for employees health leaves us no other choice -- but 100% recognize that it comes with a real cost. To community, togetherness, efficiency, etc. For many folks, work-from-home is less than optimal. We've taken a few steps to try and ease it but no doubt it's a hardship for some. Thanks for your understanding and empathy on this. So glad to hear that you're seeing such positive impact from the leadership and managers! We'll keep working hard to make Greenhouse a great place to work.

10. 5.0

Amazing culture

Jun 1, 2020 - SDR Manager in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best hiring processes I've been through. The company really has processes together and they embrace culture + diversity

Cons

C-level doesn't respond quickly enough to address concerns of the team. Seems like they make decisions after majority of companies enact policies, such as working from home when the pandemic was starting.

CEO

Thanks for making the effort to provide your perspective, I know it really matters to people. Thanks for the constructive feedback as well. I do see how we sometimes take a little more time making decisions, that can come across as slower/less responsive. At the same time, I think we do believe in being a bit more cautious / less reactive that maybe others would be. It's a hard balance to get right sometimes so thanks for the feedback, it helps to hear. Awesome to hear the hiring process stood out to you, obviously it's something we pride ourselves in.

Viewing 31 - 40 of 185 Reviews