Greenhouse Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 26, 2019

4.6
Greenhouse Software CEO Daniel Chait
Daniel Chait

"Cool Place To Work If Your a Fan of Sororitys/Fraternities, and No Opportunity To Grow & Expand."

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Everybody that is entry level, or mid are really cool people. - the environment is really chill but productive simultaneously. - office area is very nice, decent snacks.

Cons

- it’s a good ole boys club. The hierarchy of the org chart is a clique of friends who are self serving and dismissive. - there is a disparity in how the offices are managed & treated. The HQ (NYC) is full of privileged, loudmouth, and air headed individuals who wallow in their personal , and selfish desires. The SF office is much more down to earth and a far more inviting space that is overlooked due to its... small size ( as compared to the HQ ) and friendly demeanor. - there is a stranglehold on the company by management. If your not acquiescing to their direct and indirect demands regarding personality or culture fit, you will be scolded and made out to be a cancer. - entry level and mid level employees shoulder about 90% of the work, while management schedules parties, camping trips, & their next leisure expenses for themselves. - communication with upper management is toxic. They have an archive of scripted lines, questions, and answers that they utilize to keep employees in line. - no diversity whatsoever. The CEO had a presentation about the different ethnicities & their percentages within the company. In 2017, the numbers looked more like 80 % white, 10 % Asian, 8 % middle eastern, 2% minority. Going into 2018, the CEO provided these numbers to illustrate a shift in diversity; 78% white, 11% Asian, 9 % middle eastern, and still 2% minority. Major shift as you can see. - their are individuals within the company that have been known to be cancerous and extremely hard to work with, yet their in management, so when issues with management is brought to the attention of other management, they overlook it or get rid of you to keep up the status quo. - depending on the team you work on , there can be a lot of gossip, tug o wars, or shady characters. Instead of speaking with one another about their differences and how to tackle them to move forward, they internalize it and wait for the right time to call you out or go to management to attempt to get you fired. It’s a systemic thing starting from the management at HQ trickling down to everyone under them.

Advice to Management

It Needs To Be Overhauled. Clean House.

Greenhouse Software2018-08-26

"Best company I've ever worked for"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Lots of independence -Room for growth and upward movement -Smart, capable colleagues

Cons

-Despite best efforts, there is sometimes a disconnect between teams and duplication of work as we scale

Greenhouse Software2018-07-10
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Sales"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Challenging work - learning more about high end software and technology than I ever thought that I would. Flexing new mental muscles I didn't know I had. Creative thinking - the job itself is not an easy one, and each customer situation is so different. This prompts me to exercise my brain and collaboration skills. Growth - I am sharpening a set of sales skills that I had previously thought to be fully... developed. I am undoubtedly growing significantly, in a relevant way that will apply to the rest of my career. Best solution on the market - and with that comes a price. Makes the sales challenging, stressful, but fun!

Cons

Expectations are high and this is not a job you can coast through. Not that this is a a con, but with this can come longer days at times.

Greenhouse Software2018-06-06

"Excellent place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Greenhouse is one of the best places to work in NYC. I truly love my job. I've met some of my best friends here and also done some of my best work. I feel empowered and I know that management really cares about me and my success. I'm excited about the company's future!

Cons

Sometimes slow to correct obvious problems. Power can sometimes seem to be concentrated in the hands of a few people.

Advice to Management

Keep creating opportunities for people to grow.

Greenhouse Software2018-06-11

"CSM"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time

Pros

Great people. Flexible work schedule. Internal movement

Cons

People work very hard and often feel stretched thin in their role

Greenhouse Software2018-06-17

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Greenhouse genuinely cares about its employees. Managers have always been thoughtful and considerate, and really help you do your best work.

Cons

While there are a lot of interesting problems to solve, it's not "flashy". Just the nature of Sas honestly

Greenhouse Software2018-06-12

"World-class team"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Motivated by my peers every day Transparent leadership As our company continues to grow, we continue to attract world -class talent Bottom line, we practice what we preach

Cons

None. Writing this because it's mandatory

Greenhouse Software2018-06-04

"A challenging and rewarding place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

To be honest, the people will always make or break a company for me. Your manager and your coworkers indisputably set the tone for any work environment and Greenhouse is no exception. This is why I'm so glad that Greenhouse excels in these areas. I've worked in numerous roles: some unchallenging jobs with good managers and some great jobs with poor managers. Greenhouse is the rare great job with strong... leadership and fantastic peers. I've been here for several years now, and I still enjoy it as much as I did when I first joined Greenhouse. It allows me to support an industry-leading product, interact with customers daily, and work amongst some truly amazing people.

Cons

I would say that things can sometimes be hectic, but that's the nature of a startup. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to feedback from your employees. You've been doing a great job so far.

Greenhouse Software2018-05-30

"100% Recommend Greenhouse to a Friend"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

- a friendly, collaborative and inclusive work environment - clear vision and plan from leadership - work-life balance is A+

Cons

The only downside is the lack of a 401k match.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Greenhouse Software2018-05-29

"Lucky to work at Greenhouse!"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time

Pros

- Everyone here is driven and cares about Greenhouse, our customers, and our goals as a company - I have full autonomy to work and hit my goals - I'm constantly challenged by the work that I do - My teammates make coming to work fun and exciting - Good benefits: L&D budget, flexible WFH and vacation policy, health benefits, etc. - Love being part of a brand that people recognize on a daily basis!

Cons

Remote management can be tough for career development and growth, especially for people that don't have traditional career ladders.

Greenhouse Software2018-06-07