Greenhouse Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated 26 Oct 2019

4.6
Greenhouse Software CEO Daniel Chait
Daniel Chait

"The best place I've worked!"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing people, great managers, fulfilling work, flexible PTO, lots of room for growth and new opportunities within the company

Cons

Honestly I can't really think of any besides not having a 401k match. There are some growing pains here and there but nothing concerning or unexpected.

Greenhouse Software2018-05-14

"A few years in and still a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Team Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A product you can stand behind A culture of teamwork A continual focus on improvement from all levels (including executive leadership) An appreciated level of humility Slightly (sorry guys) older couple of founders that have a wealth of experience and the patience to make the right decisions and learn from mistakes

Cons

Lots of competition in the marketplace Having multiple offices can pose a challenge communication-wise We need more conference rooms

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on product excellence, thought leadership, and only hiring the highest caliber employees. If you slack on one of these, we become just another company and nobody wants that.

Greenhouse Software2018-05-09

"Previous SDR."

I worked at Greenhouse Software full-time

Pros

brilliant colleagues, trusted leadership and mid-sized startup/family vibe.. they are scaling intelligently.. one of the best companies to work for.

Cons

Still building many processes and structures in place. Management transitions can be better when I was there.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing and eliciting feedback from your customers and employees.

Greenhouse Software2018-04-27

"Great company mission"

Current Employee - SDR in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

One of the best parts of working at Greenhouse is that our mission is to make hiring a competitive advantage for every company out there. So many flaws and mishaps happen during the interview/application phase and we are aiming to solve that

Cons

Career growth is a bit stunned due to the massive internal competition

Greenhouse Software2018-05-14
  5. "Working @ Greenhouse"

Current Employee - Director of Engineering in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Interesting product challenges and focus. - The products we work have a real business impact. - Great place to work (people and environment)

Cons

In a small company like Greenhouse, the work environment is better and the impact you can have is far greater, but there are fewer employee perks than at a large tech company.

Greenhouse Software2018-04-23

"Greenhouse is the best company I've worked for"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time

Pros

I can be myself at Greenhouse. Everyone here supports work/life balance. Like most startups that are trying to scale, the hours can be long. So when I'm working longer hours, it can be stressful but the colleagues are what make everything worthwhile. I love the people at Greenhouse.

Cons

As I mentioned in the note above, workload can become pretty heavy at times because we are growing. We've been pretty lean for quite some time and I'm looking forward to our team growing.

Advice to Management

We need a 401k match, and management needs to be a bit more transparent with career tracks. Build out the teams so that we are not so lean. This is already in progress but let's keep this in mind as we continue to scale.

Greenhouse Software2018-04-06

"Happiest place I have been, professionally"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time

Pros

-- Collaborating with brilliant people, within your team and outside your team -- Encouraged to leverage Flex-PTO and WFH policies (sometimes it may be a thing but management might discourage it) -- Challenged to contribute beyond just what is within your job description

Cons

-- Camaraderie between coasts has been difficult to manage, which may be a consequence of scale, but should still be a priority to leadership -- Perks could be more in-line with some other tech companies, but that is not a huge priority since we are still a start-up

Advice to Management

I am as excited now as I was when I joined Greenhouse. We are excelling in many areas relative to our goals but something to keep in mind is the natural growing pains that often come paired with a growing enterprise, such as gaps in recognition and diminished focus on maintaining the organization's values and culture. But I truly believe a lot of us have faith in our leadership moving forward.

Greenhouse Software2018-04-02

"Be your best self at Greenhouse"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working at Greenhouse! Here are a few of the best parts: - It is a place where you can truly be yourself at work and feel valued for your uniqueness and what you bring to the table. - Autonomy and managers who trust you to get your work done (no micromanagement). - There is really great work/life balance and you never have to feel guilty about working from home or taking some time away from the office.... - There are opportunities for advancement and to move around the company if you have aspirations outside of the department that you were hired into. - The people here are really smart and just genuinely nice, good people.

Cons

- You have to be really adaptable and comfortable with change because we are ever growing and evolving as we mature as a company. There are some processes that are put into place, poorly communicated and then changed the next day. It can be frustrating - but just part of working at a start-up! - Communication is not always great when it comes to new hires, promotions, people leaving the team, and other... organizational changes. Sometimes it feels like only certain people on the team are privy to this information while some others are not. - The experience with managers seems to vary dramatically based on department. Some managers are very experienced while others have no experience. It is unfortunate if you are stuck with someone who does not know how to develop a team.

Greenhouse Software2018-04-05
  9. "Great Product, Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working at Greenhouse less than a year now and in my career, have not worked for a better company. This is a product that is best of breed and always innovating to move forward. The true care from everyone in the company towards each other and the customers is real. The fact that Daniel and Jon, along with other senior leaders across all departments, will happily join in customer or prospect calls, shows... that this company practices everything it preaches. Everyone cares. There is no surprise that the formula here works - as seen with the explosive growth and market share grab.

Cons

As with all start up environments, structure can be lacking at times, but this also opens up opportunities for discussion around changes - which are always taken into consideration.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! This company is a best place to work and a best of breed solution to help solve critical business challenges

Greenhouse Software2018-03-20
  10. "Challenging and rewarding (and longest) tenure so far"

Current Employee - It's A Secret in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

+work projects are interesting, challenging and rewarding. +colleagues are respectful, fun and make the day feel less like a "work day". +manager is very attentive to me needs and development; provides the autonomy needed to learn and succeed. +company culture overall is a a very positive, warm experience. +Total rewards (salary+benefits+perks) are exactly what I would expect from a maturing start-up in the tech... space.

Cons

-though my manager is great, not all managers hold that same greatness. Many managers are new/green or less effective and definitely need ongoing, consistent training and development. -internal transfer and promotions are definitely present, and that presence can always be improved upon -the only meaty thing missing from the rewards package is a 401k match.

Advice to Management

+ double down on managerial training programs. Perhaps hire someone (like an HR Business Partner) to focus on these kind of programs. +Be sure employees are being heard when they tell their managers they want to grow into the next step in their career. +Onboarding, company communication, and overall company culture is A+ - keep it up!

Greenhouse Software2018-02-15