Greenhouse Software SDR Reviews

Greenhouse Software CEO Daniel Chait
Daniel Chait
  1. 5.0

Great place to work.

Apr 12, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work and their Manager Team is very responsible.

Cons

Unless you are in a senior role, your voice is not heard

CEO

First of all thanks so much for taking the time to provide your perspectives, I know people appreciate it. Great to hear that overall you had a positive experience and recommend Greenhouse. Especially gratifying that you think GH is a great place to work and you had positive things to say about the managers here. I agree they're a strong group! And, thank you for your constructive feedback as well. We are growing super fast and with that growth, it can be a real challenge to make sure everyone's voice is heard. I'm sure that didn't feel great to be giving it your all and yet not fully feel like your views were landing. Whether it's our AMA's, survey's, small group meetings, or other channels, we are constantly looking for ways to improve communication and help every voice to be heard. We will keep at it!

2. 4.0

Great company

May 19, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

They really value employee input and opinions

Cons

Cant think of any cons!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work at

Feb 27, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

The amazing Inclusive and authentic culture

Cons

There are no cons from what I’ve seen

CEO

Wow thank you for the super kind note - great to hear! I really hope that Greenhouse is a place where everyone can do their best work and feels that they belong. Sounds like we hit the nail on the head for you in that regard. Fantastic! 💚

4. 4.0

Good Company

Mar 26, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

They wanted you to grow as a individual

Cons

Work life Balance was not clear

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

NO WORDS. so poorly handled and went against absolutely everything they claim they are

Apr 17, 2020 - SDR in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

None. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Zip.

Cons

-worked there for just over 30 days was hired right before all this COVID 19 happened. - kept saying the people are what matter most, will do everything they can to keep the culture and people.... - does THE COMPLETE opposite!Fires 30% of their staff in a way that’s like a bachelor episode. - makes one of the best SDR managers an SDR rep...huge slap in the face if you ask me. - let’s go of 52% of sales...good luck selling your damn product and getting back and running. - hires a Chief revenue officer who’s job literally shouldn’t be a thing right now..guy doesn’t know any of the employees and is telling us who’s let go by copy and pasting AND misspelling these let go employees - giving severance in one big lump some...”You’re fired from a job that basically had your back and then on the last day of the week ripped the rug from underneath you and here’s some change in your account!” All in all, this company that I was so proud to say I worked for, even if it was for a small time is a disgrace. I’m aware times are tough but not one thing went correctly with their delivery. I hope Dan and Jon and all the other top dogs see this message and realize what a massive mistake they made to the company they worked hard to grow. Greenhouse will be liquidated within a year.

Continue reading
    14 people found this review helpful

CEO

First, thanks for sharing your feedback and comments. My heart goes out to everyone we had to lay off. It is never an easy decision to take actions that impact people’s lives in this way, and we did our best to handle the layoffs with as much transparency, trust, respect and fairness as possible. I’ve no doubt we will learn lessons from this event but right now, it’s clear that this process has hurt you, and for that you have my deep sympathy. Please know that everyone in the company has been working hard to help those people we could not afford to keep. We have job searching resources available, we are actively connecting former staff with job openings through our networks, and the Greenhouse alumni community is here to provide support and connections. I encourage you to take advantage of these and wish you well as you move on to your next role.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The BEST Place to work

Apr 21, 2020 - SDR in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- company culture - a software with a purpose - a team that cares - tremendous amount of growth and development

Cons

- hard quota attainment - given everything that is going on with COVID, we are in hard times. While I don't think they way they gave lay offs was done the best it could be, I also take into account that this is a foreign action our exec team needed to take. There was no right way to prepare for this.

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective & experience. I know people really appreciate hearing what employees think & feel about working at Greenhouse. And, thank you for your candid feedback; In the wake of COVID-19, I agree something like this is going to be difficult no matter what - and for sure we will learn lessons from this event which there's just no way to perfectly prepare for. I would welcome any direct feedback, please feel free to email/slack me or if you'd prefer, your buddy, Director or other leaders. I value learning from our experiences. Meanwhile thanks again for the review and for your continued hard work & dedication to the team.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing culture

Jun 1, 2020 - SDR Manager in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best hiring processes I've been through. The company really has processes together and they embrace culture + diversity

Cons

C-level doesn't respond quickly enough to address concerns of the team. Seems like they make decisions after majority of companies enact policies, such as working from home when the pandemic was starting.

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for making the effort to provide your perspective, I know it really matters to people. Thanks for the constructive feedback as well. I do see how we sometimes take a little more time making decisions, that can come across as slower/less responsive. At the same time, I think we do believe in being a bit more cautious / less reactive that maybe others would be. It's a hard balance to get right sometimes so thanks for the feedback, it helps to hear. Awesome to hear the hiring process stood out to you, obviously it's something we pride ourselves in.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to learn

Jul 8, 2020 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

People overall are very smart.

Cons

You need to get promoted or you will become disgruntled

3 people found this review helpful

CEO

Hey thanks for taking a moment to share your perspective. "Great place to learn" is a wonderful headline and one that makes me very proud! As to your con - I take your point. Being an SDR is often seen as a stepping stone to other roles. I'm super proud that we've been able to promote so many of our SDRs over the years, into roles in sales, engineering, CS, management, and more! Having said that we can't always make it work for 100% of folks, so some do end up moving on for sure. Fair point. In any event thanks for your thoughtful response, I know people really value learning what it's "really like" from those who have been on the inside.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing company to work with!

Aug 8, 2019 - SDR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing onboarding experience. Unmatched culture. High office energy. Unlimited resources. Fully transparent.

Cons

Have not run into any yet!

4 people found this review helpful

CEO

Whoa. This might be the first time I disagree with a "Pro" from someone's review but - we most certainly have limited resources! :-) But I'm glad it feels like you're well supported to do your work and all the other positive attributes you named. Thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy day to share your thoughts here. I think people really appreciate it - I know I do!

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to work

Sep 9, 2019 - SDR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great mission to improve hiring

Cons

SDR Management is inexperienced and should go through a management training program before they get the opportunity to manager. Management should also take interest in knowing people and not just their performance

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for the feedback and for taking the time to share your perspective. It's concerning for sure to hear that you don't think the SDR managers have the experience to do the job well; I'll look into this for sure. Training is a great idea - for any leader, new or longtime! For sure. And lastly, 100% agreed that any good leader should make sure to build an environment and culture of trust, openness, and belonging. Sounds like that wasn't really your experience working here. Really bummed to hear that but of course thank you for bringing it to my attention. I'll be sure to highlight that with our team and to continue to find ways to reinforce and improve in that area. All the best - Daniel

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews