Greenhouse Software Sales Development Representative Reviews

Greenhouse Software CEO Daniel Chait
Daniel Chait
  1. 5.0

Great place to work.

Apr 12, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work and their Manager Team is very responsible.

Cons

Unless you are in a senior role, your voice is not heard

CEO

First of all thanks so much for taking the time to provide your perspectives, I know people appreciate it. Great to hear that overall you had a positive experience and recommend Greenhouse. Especially gratifying that you think GH is a great place to work and you had positive things to say about the managers here. I agree they're a strong group! And, thank you for your constructive feedback as well. We are growing super fast and with that growth, it can be a real challenge to make sure everyone's voice is heard. I'm sure that didn't feel great to be giving it your all and yet not fully feel like your views were landing. Whether it's our AMA's, survey's, small group meetings, or other channels, we are constantly looking for ways to improve communication and help every voice to be heard. We will keep at it!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work at

Feb 27, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

The amazing Inclusive and authentic culture

Cons

There are no cons from what I’ve seen

CEO

Wow thank you for the super kind note - great to hear! I really hope that Greenhouse is a place where everyone can do their best work and feels that they belong. Sounds like we hit the nail on the head for you in that regard. Fantastic! 💚

3. 4.0

Good Company

Mar 26, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

They wanted you to grow as a individual

Cons

Work life Balance was not clear

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overall a very mediocre place to work

Feb 1, 2021 - Sales Development Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team bonding and friendly managers

Cons

I just didn't enjoy working here. The people were nice and the office was okay, but it felt like you were constantly on the chopping block of a company that could not make ends meet. There were two massive layoffs when I worked here. Yikes. The overall vibe at Greenhouse was cordial but superficial. I would not recommend working here if you are motivated by working with people who lift up your ideas or management that celebrates creativity.

CEO

Thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear that your experience here was not what you hoped. We strive to be a place where everyone can do the best work of their career and feel as if they truly belong; clearly we were not able to deliver on that expectation for you. I sincerely hope you've been able to find a workplace that better supports you and meets your needs. One note for interested readers: we in fact did have one layoff, during April 2020, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and resulting economic disruption. While of course extremely difficult for those affected by it, we felt it was necessary to take swift and significant action to ensure we could withstand the challenging economic circumstance. We did not have a second layoff.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place To Work

Jan 25, 2021 - Sales Development Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great support from management whenever you need it

Cons

I don’t really have many cons with it

💚love to see it

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company and so proud to be a part of Greenhouse & its growth!

Oct 30, 2020 - Sales Development Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Directors & managers really care about your professional development and will do whatever they can to help you reach your goals. You're expected to be the best and that just motivates you to always strive for continuous improvement.

Cons

Workload can be a lot but that's if you don't manage your time well

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

Hey - thanks for the awesome writeup! I'm really happy that we're having such a positive impact on you. As an aside, I think the job of an SDR is incredibly hard and have massive respect for you being able to succeed in it. Keep at it! Our SDR team is so great -- I truly admire your motivation, effort, creativity and positive attitudes.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

The most caring group of coworkers

Apr 20, 2020 - Sales Development Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Greenhouse are truly some of the most caring, genuine coworkers out there. Everyone really wants you to succeed, and even though I was in a sales role, there was very little competition felt between the sales reps. The team was very supportive, and they provided great training and continuous mentorship.

Cons

Very few cons I noticed while working there, and most would relate to my personal adjustment of taking on my first role in sales. The company just went through some major layoffs due to Covid-19, so there will probably be some new difficulties emerging in the coming months.

CEO

Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective and thoughts - it really means a lot to me that you were able to have such a positive experience at Greenhouse during your time here. It's painful as heck that we had to cut some of our incredible staff during these times; though the virus has hit us all hard, I'm sure we'll bounce back. I really like especially that you highlighted the collaborative and supportive nature of our sales org - it's a big part of our "secret formula" for success and a very important value of ours. Thanks.

8. 2.0

Lots of promise

May 27, 2020 - Sales Development Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people if you stay out of the drama

Cons

They will say anything to make you sign that offer sheet, lots of promises were made and none were fulfilled. They are willing to take you in and spit you out to get what they need from you. Not a bad thing, just don't make promises.

CEO

So sorry to hear you had such a negative experience. I know our recruiters and hiring managers are super passionate when they connect with top talent but that should never translate into making promises we can't live up to. We try hard but I don't expect we're perfect. So, if you are able to, please reach out to me with any information about this, as I am committed to ensuring we treat candidates with honesty and respect. If we've said anything in the hiring process that we shouldn't be, I will see to it that we change. Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback and best wishes.

9. 4.0

Great place to learn

Jul 8, 2020 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

People overall are very smart.

Cons

You need to get promoted or you will become disgruntled

CEO

Hey thanks for taking a moment to share your perspective. "Great place to learn" is a wonderful headline and one that makes me very proud! As to your con - I take your point. Being an SDR is often seen as a stepping stone to other roles. I'm super proud that we've been able to promote so many of our SDRs over the years, into roles in sales, engineering, CS, management, and more! Having said that we can't always make it work for 100% of folks, so some do end up moving on for sure. Fair point. In any event thanks for your thoughtful response, I know people really value learning what it's "really like" from those who have been on the inside.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

#1 place to work for a reason!

Nov 19, 2019 - Sales Development Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Genuine people in a highly creative and collaborative environment.

Cons

Have yet to come across any.

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

What a great headline - love the enthusiasm! Thanks.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews