Cover image for Greenhouse Software

Greenhouse Software

Engaged Employer

Greenhouse Software

Add a Review

Greenhouse Software Employee Reviews about "company culture"

Updated Sep 23, 2021

4.7
Greenhouse Software CEO Daniel Chait
Daniel Chait

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Daniel and Jon are two great people to get behind and they compensate very well for great talent.(in 49 reviews)
  • "And of course, the people and the culture are amazing.(in 27 reviews)
  • "Greenhouse is the rare great job with strong leadership and fantastic peers.(in 20 reviews)
  • "I've never seen so many people drop whatever they're doing to help someone from a different team.(in 14 reviews)
  • "good benefits(in 11 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Greenhouse Software and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "company culture"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Never understood the importance of company culture until now

Sep 23, 2021 - People Team in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can't say enough great things about Greenhouse. I have never worked for a company where decisions were made so thoughtfully, where leadership has operated with so much transparency, or where DE&I was woven into every aspect of my position. The company is not perfect, but I have been impressed by leadership's willingness to have difficult conversations about where we are falling short, then following up later on how we are tackling the challenge. Hands down the strongest onboarding and training experience I've ever had. From the moment I accepted my offer, there was zero ambiguity about what my first few weeks would look like. At no point was I twiddling my thumbs wondering what I should be working on. Everything was thoughtfully and meticulously planned out. Beyond everything, I have never felt so safe and secure being my authentic self at work. My differences aren't just tolerated, but celebrated. Most importantly, I don't feel like just a number. It's not enough to simply have a seat at the table. There needs to be a level of cultural reinforcement that gives you a voice also. Greenhouse does this exceptionally well. Since coming on board to Greenhouse, I have noticed changes in my personal life. It wasn't until I experienced an extraordinary company culture that I realized how my role at a prior company with a toxic culture was influencing other areas of my life. Benefits are prime, pay is competitive, growth opportunities are plentiful, and there is an infectious energy among our employees. Needless to say, I am SO proud to be a Greenie!

Cons

The company does not match 401k contributions and has not given concrete information on when to expect this. Echoing another post, I would also really value some sort of health & wellness benefit. Although the company does provide a $500 learning & development credit annually to all employees for continued growth.

7 people found this review helpful

CEO

Wow wow wow. I love hearing such a clear description of not just how you've experienced our culture but of what it has meant to you both inside and outside of work. Awesome to hear it!! Hear you on the cons around comp & benefits.... we are reviewing those at year-end. Stay tuned!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent Product, Excellent Culture, Slight Growing Pains

May 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

General company culture revolves around transparency, collaboration, empathy, and authenticity. Pay is competitive and the benefits & perks & pto policies are excellent. Goals are set publicly and we hold ourselves accountable to them. The company also performs very well in our market, which is a big plus; the product is truly great.

Cons

Still on our DE&I journey with minor bumps along the way, particularly as the company implements new initiatives while simultaneously growing at an unprecedented pace. Along those same lines, certain systems and headcount distributions are causing issues as we continue to scale. The foremost drivers are doing an excellent job and I do fully believe these growing pains to be temporary, but if I have to list cons, they're worth noting.

CEO

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I really like the context you provide for both the positives and the challenges we face -- it helps give a true picture of what we're going through here at Greenhouse. Much appreciated!

3. Join the Greenhouse Software team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place

Sep 21, 2021 - Customer Service Manager (CSM) in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company culture and very supportive

Cons

Can't think of any right now.

CEO

Awesome feedback - short and sweet - I love it!

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great product, great team

Feb 8, 2021 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture and employee benefits stellar product, lots of room to grow and develop from a career standpoint.

Cons

No real cons/complaints. Standard growing pains as expected for any fast growing start up

Be the first to find this review helpful

CEO

I know people appreciate the feedback , thanks for contributing your perspective.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great!

Mar 11, 2021 - Customer Support Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company culture, and trips to New York

Cons

Support work, is tough, and not the best pay

Be the first to find this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for your comments and feedback. Boy do I empathize with your notes about support work being tough. I know that having to respond to upset & stressed customers with sometimes very technical and nuanced issues is not an east task! As to pay, there are always workplaces out there who can pay more than us, but we do try to pay fairly and we anchor ourselves on solid market data to inform comp decisions. I wish you luck in your future endeavors and thanks again for the note.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best place to work ever!

Aug 20, 2020 - People Team Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employee-centric company with visionary, smart, and caring executive leadership. Amazing company culture. Truly a place to do the best work of your career.

Cons

No cons that I can think of - which is pretty incredible.

CEO

Thanks for the kind words, and for taking the time to share your perspective! I know people appreciate hearing from those on the inside. So glad you're having such a positive experience at Greenhouse, we'll keep working hard to ensure that our culture and organization stay healthy.

8. 5.0

The BEST Place to work

Apr 21, 2020 - SDR in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- company culture - a software with a purpose - a team that cares - tremendous amount of growth and development

Cons

- hard quota attainment - given everything that is going on with COVID, we are in hard times. While I don't think they way they gave lay offs was done the best it could be, I also take into account that this is a foreign action our exec team needed to take. There was no right way to prepare for this.

CEO

Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective & experience. I know people really appreciate hearing what employees think & feel about working at Greenhouse. And, thank you for your candid feedback; In the wake of COVID-19, I agree something like this is going to be difficult no matter what - and for sure we will learn lessons from this event which there's just no way to perfectly prepare for. I would welcome any direct feedback, please feel free to email/slack me or if you'd prefer, your buddy, Director or other leaders. I value learning from our experiences. Meanwhile thanks again for the review and for your continued hard work & dedication to the team.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Nice place to work

Oct 28, 2020 - Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really happy at Greenhouse. Nice people, consistently interesting work, and a good company culture with leaders who care.

Cons

Wish there was more opportunity for promotion and growth.

CEO

Great to hear you're having such a positive experience here and thanks for making the time to write about it here. I know people really appreciate hearing what real employees have to say about working at the company. I hear you on your desire for more growth opportunities. The first half of 2020 was challenging for growth but I'm optimistic that entering the year ahead there will be more growth and new opportunities.

10. 5.0

Solid place to work – I definitely recommend it

Sep 13, 2016 -  in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Greenhouse's products promote better people practices, and as a company, it does the same with its employees. The leadership team is thoughtful about how strategic decisions affect all employees, and it's easy to feel valued as an employee, no matter what your seniority is. It might be a simple thing to focus on, but when you feel valued, you feel good about working, and you do good work. All-around, Greenhouse is a successful company with a positive outlook, and a solid employer. If I had to rate specific areas (e.g. challenge of work, career opportunities, company culture, management, work/life balance, compensation and benefits etc.), I would probably give everything a 4.5 / 5.

Cons

Can the work/life balance be too good? Sometimes it feels like there is a sharp divide between work and life, and that employees come to work to put in time to get the work done, and then go home without a lot of interaction with other employees. At worst, this can give the feeling that employees are here just to work, and nothing else. Also, flexible working schedules and work from home are well-supported, and sometimes that leaves offices feeling quite empty; this is compounded by the fact that both NY and SF recently moved to larger office locations that we can grow into over the next few years.

Continue reading

CEO

Good insights. I think you've pointed out a universal truth of startups which is that everything has tradeoffs! Flexible remote work? Great idea! But means the office can feel empty. I wish there was a perfect solution to this and the many other dilemmas we face but alas, all we can do is try to have better problems every day than the day before :-)

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Working at Greenhouse is a blessing

Aug 6, 2015 - Sales Development Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Clearly defined career ladder - lots of room for growth if you hit your goals and do your job. Management is receptive to new ideas. Leadership leads by example. There is not one a-hole on staff. Everyone is super friendly and the company culture encourages learning, even cross-departmental learning. Very positive work environment - they recognize accomplishments and encourage everyone to be friends through outside-of-work activities. As the company goes through hyper-growth, they still try to make it feel small and encourage everyone to get to know new hires. They do an exceptional job hiring the right people for the job (this is what Greenhouse helps other companies do, so duh!) and hiring people who are a cultural fit for the organization, also bringing about a diverse range of employees. There is not one boring person in the office.

Cons

Because the company is going through hyper-growth, there is a constant shift in priorities, but leadership does a really good job communicating with the entire staff the reasoning behind this shift and how everyone can play their role in helping the company achieve short-term and long-term goals.

Continue reading
    5 people found this review helpful

CEO

Dangit, now you got Lionel Ritchie stuck in my head! #DERP# Dionne Warwick. Whoops.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Reviews