Greenhouse Software "great product" Reviews | Glassdoor

Greenhouse Software Employee Reviews about "great product"

Updated Aug 27, 2019

4.6
Greenhouse Software CEO Daniel Chait
Daniel Chait
Pros
  • "Work life balance is second to none, I literally am in charge of my own time and it's great(in 11 reviews)

• "Great product, great people, and great culture(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Fast growth comes with growing pains(in 11 reviews)

• "We are growing so fast that sometimes it is hard to get to know everyone(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "great product"

Return to all Reviews

"Inclusive and by far the best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Where to start.... I can say that I have never felt more included or welcomed into an organization... EVER! I have never felt so heard. The CEO and other senior stakeholders acknowledge me by name, and are always interested to have conversations and hear feedback from others regardless of role! This sounds simple but this goes a long way. My feedback feels valued, I feel like I contribute to a great organization..., and I feel like I work alongside amazing colleagues who are leading the charge. People leaders are not just leaders but they are coaches. I am surrounded by amazing people and feel like I can grow and develop on a daily basis. Greenhouse believes and stands up for diversity and inclusion which is a breath of fresh air. I honestly cannot applaud them enough. To any prospective employee reading this, this isn't just hype, Greenhouse is the real thing. Great product, great people, and great culture! I feel like I am right where I am supposed to be and it feels great!

Cons

None to think of at all!

Advice to Management

Keep doing great things.

Greenhouse Software2019-08-28

"GH is like a swan: serene at the surface, turbulent underneath"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Greenhouse Software full-time

Pros

Great reputation, striving towards good values, great product

Cons

Where to begin. Stressed out management. Limited mobility despite reputation to the contrary. Recruiting department is in the spotlight and particularly unpleasant to work in. Clique-ey. Political. Inexperienced managers.

Advice to Management

Create opportunities for upward feedback. Quarterly reviews for the reports don't count- you need 360 reviews for the managers themselves. Work on your recruiting team culture. They are so stressed out! and sales. Turnover on both your people and sales teams will improve if you create opportunities to relax together. Even "fun days" were tense and work-related on those teams. People need to chill out. Trust that... they’ll do good work even if you’re not breathing down their necks. ESPECIALLY if you’re not breathing down their necks. Train your managers more than you are. My experience was a micro-manager who made it miserable for me to do my work. The job isn’t rocket science. Allow some creativity. Did I mention fun days? Let them be FUN days. **ADVICE TO CANDIDATES: Greenhouse are experts in recruiting so don’t rely on the interview process as your full view onto what it’s like to work there. Talk to entry level people who have been at GH for at least 6 months (past the honeymoon phase) in whatever department you are applying to, particularly if it’s a role in the people department or the sales department. GH is a great company but it has its flaws, like any company does. Do your homework to make sure the flaws align with your values and personality.

Greenhouse Software2019-06-08

"Awesome Experience!"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time

Pros

Collaborative, exciting opportunity, great product, strong leadership

Cons

Growing fast which is great but also means still figuring out some things

Advice to Management

Keep the strong focus on building a great company for your employees that's also successful!

Greenhouse Software2019-03-06

"Great company to work for"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Managers care about your personal well-being as well as your career progress. The product itself is also something you can feel good about representing as it's a great product. Competitive pay as well as very generous PTO/sick/WFH policies.

Cons

Some company initiatives can change rather quickly but this is common with any startup of this size.

Greenhouse Software2017-05-16

"Overall, great place to work!"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Great people. Really smart, motivated team. * Great product. It really is a better recruiting software than others on the market. * Thoughtful leadership. * Great stage of growth. We're bigger than a startup, so there's structure. We're small enough that you can be heard and make an impact.

Cons

* At this stage of growth there's a lot of change. This type of environment isn't for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Greenhouse Software2017-05-03

"Great product, but poorly run company"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great product, and there is no shortage of intelligent and hard working people.

Cons

Management is inexperienced, and the culture is very fratty and catty. It's not uncommon for someone to get a negative attitude from higher ups including the CEO. There is no growth, and the message that they "invest in their people" felt false more times than naught. Recognition no matter how hard you work, or what good work you produce, will be over looked because of the value on popularity and being a part of... management's fan club.

Advice to Management

Treat people with more respect even if they are not a part of your fan club.

Greenhouse Software2017-03-06

"Best startup in NYC"

Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software for more than a year

Pros

Great product that customers love. Management seem to genuinely care about the employees. We are giving a lot of opportunity to voice our opinions and are involved in day-to-day decisions. We are given the tools we need to not only do our job well, but also build our own brand and grow our career.

Cons

Not all the advantages of working for a bigger company in terms of benefits.

Greenhouse Software2016-05-25

"Overall Great Place"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great product with a clear vision from leadership - Great co-workers: smart, driven, passionate and fun - Smart and thoughtful decision making in a transparent environment - Flexible vacation days - Great office location

Cons

- There are growing pains around rapid change within a fast growing company, but the transparency into decision making from leadership helps to keep the team in the know and prepared for the changes. - No 401k matching

Advice to Management

You're doing a really good job! Keep it up!

Greenhouse Software2016-05-04

"Proud to work at Greenhouse"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing leadership, great product, and some of the smartest people I've ever had the privilege of working with. Every day provides new and exciting challenges, and the world of talent acquisition is fascinating. You're given trust and support from day one. New ideas are always welcome, the entire organization works across teams, there are no silos. Great culture and team dynamic -- I love coming to work... each day, for the work itself, the people, and the overall mission of our product.

Cons

I can't think of many explicit cons. Long hours are really more of a choice than anything else -- folks work hard because they love what they're doing and the product/customers they support. There is incredible work/life balance as well, so I suppose I don't see it as much of a con. Greenhouse is in hyper-growth and growing fast, so there are some general growing pains. It's nothing major, and frankly I find... it super exciting to watch the team grow!

Advice to Management

Thank you for being transparent and honest with employees. Keep doing what you're doing!

Greenhouse Software2015-07-07

"This is a winning company"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been in the startup scene in NYC for quite sometime. When it comes to startups, the words "safe bet" or "shoe in" rarely come to mind. The two founders and Head of Engineering make that different at Greenhouse. They are extremely smart, very well experienced, and have built winning companies time after time. This is a great company with a great product in a market where every other solution seems ridiculous... in comparison.

Cons

Not too many cons outside of there being way too many seaweed chips in the snack closet ... Not to worry, however, you can barely see them with all the other great food surrounding.

Greenhouse Software2014-09-16