- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- Pakistan - All Cities
- - Punjab
- - Lahore, Pakistan Area
- - Chakwāl
- United States - All Cities
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
- - California
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - San Francisco, CA
- - Redwood City, CA
- - Oakland, CA
- - San Jose, CA Area
- - San Jose, CA
- - Los Angeles, CA Area
- - Norwalk, CA
- - Colorado
- - Boulder, CO Area
- - Boulder, CO
- - Denver, CO Area
- - Denver, CO
- - Texas
- - Dallas-Fort Worth, TX Area
- - Dallas, TX
- - Houston, TX Area
- - Houston, TX
- - Maryland
- - Washington, DC Area
- - Silver Spring, MD
- India - All Cities
- - Telangana
- - Hyderabad, India Area
- - Hyderābād
- Ireland - All Cities
- - Dublin
- - Dublin, Ireland Area
- - Dublin, Dublin
Found 2 of over 251 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Daniel and Jon are two great people to get behind and they compensate very well for great talent." (in 49 reviews)
- "And of course, the people and the culture are amazing." (in 27 reviews)
- "Greenhouse is the rare great job with strong leadership and fantastic peers." (in 20 reviews)
- "I've never seen so many people drop whatever they're doing to help someone from a different team." (in 14 reviews)
- "good benefits" (in 11 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Greenhouse Software and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "growing pains"Return to all Reviews
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★May 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CORecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
General company culture revolves around transparency, collaboration, empathy, and authenticity. Pay is competitive and the benefits & perks & pto policies are excellent. Goals are set publicly and we hold ourselves accountable to them. The company also performs very well in our market, which is a big plus; the product is truly great.
Still on our DE&I journey with minor bumps along the way, particularly as the company implements new initiatives while simultaneously growing at an unprecedented pace. Along those same lines, certain systems and headcount distributions are causing issues as we continue to scale. The foremost drivers are doing an excellent job and I do fully believe these growing pains to be temporary, but if I have to list cons, they're worth noting.
Thanks for sharing your feedback. I really like the context you provide for both the positives and the challenges we face -- it helps give a true picture of what we're going through here at Greenhouse. Much appreciated!
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Feb 7, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer I in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- People are amazing - Great comp
- Product direction changes as we grow (typical growing pains)
Wow what outstanding feedback! Thanks for sharing it, I know that people really value hearing about our company from those who work here. So glad to hear that the people are among your top reasons for rating us so highly - I agree! I am super proud to be part of this amazing team and committed to continuing to build a workplace where everyone can be their best. Thanks for being a part of that! 💚
- Former Employee★★★★★Feb 8, 2021 - AnonymousRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great company culture and employee benefits stellar product, lots of room to grow and develop from a career standpoint.
No real cons/complaints. Standard growing pains as expected for any fast growing start up
I know people appreciate the feedback , thanks for contributing your perspective.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Sep 30, 2019 - Customer Support Specialist in Denver, CORecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Growing fast - Incredibly generous benefits - Remarkable people and culture
- Growing pains from high-growth - Starting pay bands feel a little low for the amount of work - Workload can feel intense, job is more technical than many other support roles.Continue reading
Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective & views. I'm really proud you're having such a positive experience. Interesting feedback on the Cons - thanks for sharing! The fist two I understand. The third ("more technical than many other support roles") I'm super curious about - would love to hear more. In any event I appreciate you writing up your notes - people really do value reading about what it's like here. Thanks!
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Mar 26, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Great group of people. Everyone is truly passionate about the work they do and really want to see each other and our customers succeed - Accessible leadership. Dan and Jon remain highly visible and accessible. I hope this continues as the company grows -Challenging work. You can't coast through your day here, but you can expect to be challenged and given the room to develop your unique style of work -Flexbiility. Most managers are supportive of different work styles, needs, and arrangements
-Fast growth comes with growing pains. Not sure if some of our mid-level management is truly equipped to support us as we grow at this rate - Not hiring fast enough for the needs of the business which causes workload and frustrations to trickle down to IC's -Lot's of survey's with some of the less than stellar survey feedback being swept under the rug. -Favoritism abound, but to be fair this exists at many orgs. So come prepared to "play the game"Continue reading
Hello! Thanks for taking the time to provide your perspective and for the honest feedback - both positive and negative. It helps to hear areas where we can be improving - your note on staying close to IC's is a great one, I've just refreshed my skip-levels to ensure a regular rotation of 1-1 time for me with folks throughout the org. The blunt math is that as any org grows, I will be able to spend proportionally less 1-1 time with folks so the best I can do is sampling a variety of tools (some 1-1s. some surveys, some AMA's, etc). Hearing from folks like you in places like this is certainly one important avenue for feedback, so thanks! If you'd be so generous, I would greatly appreciate a private note letting me know one or two examples of survey results being swept under the rug -- I promise to thank you for the information and look into the situation! Best - Daniel
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★May 14, 2018 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Amazing people, great managers, fulfilling work, flexible PTO, lots of room for growth and new opportunities within the company
Honestly I can't really think of any besides not having a 401k match. There are some growing pains here and there but nothing concerning or unexpected.
Wow that's a powerful statement. We aim to be the place where people can do their best work... to hear that it's also your best job so far is very rewarding! Thanks for sharing.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct 21, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I am so so incredibly happy at Greenhouse and can't imagine going anywhere else because: 1. The leadership is extraordinary, even if I hated my job I think I would stay just for Dan and Jon (our founders). 2. I love the people I work with, so much so that I look forward to going to work in the morning no matter what's in store for the day. They push me to be better every day, I push myself to not let them down. We are constantly making time to support each other and give help where it's needed. I honestly can't talk about how amazing things are with people outside of Greenhouse too much because I don't want to make them feel bad about their own workplace. 3. I know without a doubt that I am a valued part of the company, I know that the people I work for are invested in my success, I know that my team and mangers will have my back and go to bat for me, I know that I will grow more here than anywhere else, I know the company is heading for great things and I feel so lucky to be a part of it.
Most of the regular cons associated with working for a startup are dealt with proactively - management is well aware of the stress that comes with constant change, growing pains, uncertainty, and a fast-paced environment, so they do everything in their power to give us full visibility into what's coming down the line, listen to our feedback on how things are working, and give us the chance to take action where we want to see change. Not really a con I guess..sorry...Continue reading
Well, thank you! What a great note, thanks for taking time out to write up your thoughts.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jun 13, 2016 -RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Greenhouse's products help companies hire and build great teams so you would hope they would live up to there own vision. I am happy to report it seems to be the case. The company and leaderships are very people focused and have assembled a team of smart, helpful, friendly professionals. There are women in leadership positions and it is becoming increasingly diverse while staying effective. I find the founders to be very accessible and human. You generally have the resources you need to do your job.
In early 2016, the company is still adjusting to growing from 45 to more than 200 staffers. There are growing pains as I would expect at any organization in this position. Communication is something that constantly needs to be worked on to keep the departments and various layers of management in sync. Sometime there are to many goals and too much going on.Continue reading
I think that is outstanding advice that it helps to hear re-emphasized and repeated. As a founder/CEO of a growing company, even as I know how critical it is to keep pushing information and authority outwards, it's a constant challenge. I will keep trying! I've been checking out a series that LinkedIn published called "Conscious Business" which has provided me with some great inspiration and insights into how to do this better. Thanks so much for the feedback.
- Current Employee★★★★★May 20, 2016 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
1) This is a place where you can grow your career. The company recruits people from various industries and backgrounds. I always feel like I can learn from anyone here. 2) The leadership team is experienced and thoughtful. They are honest about what's working and what isn't, and they empower everyone to help fix what isn't. 3) Every team sets a high bar for themselves and their work. These are driven people. 4) This is a people-focused company, and the team here truly aspires to be leaders in their space.
1) The company is growing quickly, so there are a few growing pains. If you're not a person who can get your hands dirty to build something great, this might not be your cup of tea.Continue reading
Great write up, very helpful to see the various facets of how you think about work life here @ Greenhouse. Oh, and I'll follow your advice!
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★May 13, 2016 - Account Executive in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The people that work at Greenhouse will always be the first "pro" that I mention. From the early stages of the company, a team of hard-working, intelligent people were assembled which set the standard early. Greenhouse has successfully maintained that caliber of employee even after coming off a year where about 150 hires were made. I could go into the classic perks that go along with working at a SaaS startup, but if that is what attracts you to GH then you should work elsewhere. Everybody here works tirelessly to be the best as there is a healthy balance of individual performance and operating as a team. The people that push you and help you reach that next goal of yours is the difference maker.
The only "con" in my time at GH would be the growing pains that came along with the hyper-growth we experienced. Things like moving offices, adjusting workflows were successfully completed, but could have been done a lot better. But hey, it was the first time!Continue reading
Hey - Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! Yup, sounds like a pretty spot-on description of life at GH these days... rewarding, great people, with a dash of growing pains. Great advice!