Greenhouse Software "growing pains" Reviews | Glassdoor

Greenhouse Software Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Sep 30, 2019

4.6
Greenhouse Software CEO Daniel Chait
Daniel Chait
Pros
  • "Work life balance is second to none, I literally am in charge of my own time and it's great(in 11 reviews)

• "Great product, great people, and great culture(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Fast growth comes with growing pains(in 11 reviews)

• "We are growing so fast that sometimes it is hard to get to know everyone(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews

"Best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Growing fast - Incredibly generous benefits - Remarkable people and culture

Cons

- Growing pains from high-growth - Starting pay bands feel a little low for the amount of work - Workload can feel intense, job is more technical than many other support roles.

Advice to Management

You're doing great. Please hold all employees to same standard as new hires and keep iterating on metrics and onboarding.

Greenhouse Software2019-09-30

"Greenhouse is a better company than most"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great group of people. Everyone is truly passionate about the work they do and really want to see each other and our customers succeed - Accessible leadership. Dan and Jon remain highly visible and accessible. I hope this continues as the company grows -Challenging work. You can't coast through your day here, but you can expect to be challenged and given the room to develop your unique style of... work -Flexbiility. Most managers are supportive of different work styles, needs, and arrangements

Cons

-Fast growth comes with growing pains. Not sure if some of our mid-level management is truly equipped to support us as we grow at this rate - Not hiring fast enough for the needs of the business which causes workload and frustrations to trickle down to IC's -Lot's of survey's with some of the less than stellar survey feedback being swept under the rug. -Favoritism abound, but to be fair this exists at many orgs.... So come prepared to "play the game"

Advice to Management

Stay close to entry, mid level IC's for a true read of what's happening across departments.

Greenhouse Software2019-03-27

"The best place I've worked!"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing people, great managers, fulfilling work, flexible PTO, lots of room for growth and new opportunities within the company

Cons

Honestly I can't really think of any besides not having a 401k match. There are some growing pains here and there but nothing concerning or unexpected.

Greenhouse Software2018-05-14

"It doesn't get better than this"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am so so incredibly happy at Greenhouse and can't imagine going anywhere else because: 1. The leadership is extraordinary, even if I hated my job I think I would stay just for Dan and Jon (our founders). 2. I love the people I work with, so much so that I look forward to going to work in the morning no matter what's in store for the day. They push me to be better every day, I push myself to not let them down.... We are constantly making time to support each other and give help where it's needed. I honestly can't talk about how amazing things are with people outside of Greenhouse too much because I don't want to make them feel bad about their own workplace. 3. I know without a doubt that I am a valued part of the company, I know that the people I work for are invested in my success, I know that my team and mangers will have my back and go to bat for me, I know that I will grow more here than anywhere else, I know the company is heading for great things and I feel so lucky to be a part of it.

Cons

Most of the regular cons associated with working for a startup are dealt with proactively - management is well aware of the stress that comes with constant change, growing pains, uncertainty, and a fast-paced environment, so they do everything in their power to give us full visibility into what's coming down the line, listen to our feedback on how things are working, and give us the chance to take action where we... want to see change. Not really a con I guess..sorry...

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Know that your team is behind you 100% and that your hard work, long hours, constant communication, and genuine care do not go unnoticed.

Greenhouse Software2016-10-21

"Greenhouse values people"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software

Pros

Never have I worked at a job where I felt so valued as a person and that the contributions I make to the company are actually recognized and appreciated. The people that work here are warm and friendly and genuinely want to do good work.

Cons

There have been some growing pains - the company has gone from 8 to 200 people in just a few short years so there are some processes, like performance management that are still being worked out. The office itself is lovely but is sometimes a little loud which can make it hard to concentrate.

Advice to Management

Keep treating people like people and giving them challenging goals to work towards. Bring back the snacks from Trader Joe's!

Greenhouse Software2016-08-15

"A Rare Find - People Focused and Effective"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software

Pros

Greenhouse's products help companies hire and build great teams so you would hope they would live up to there own vision. I am happy to report it seems to be the case. The company and leaderships are very people focused and have assembled a team of smart, helpful, friendly professionals. There are women in leadership positions and it is becoming increasingly diverse while staying effective. I find the founders to be... very accessible and human. You generally have the resources you need to do your job.

Cons

In early 2016, the company is still adjusting to growing from 45 to more than 200 staffers. There are growing pains as I would expect at any organization in this position. Communication is something that constantly needs to be worked on to keep the departments and various layers of management in sync. Sometime there are to many goals and too much going on.

Advice to Management

Beware of losing the intangible culture hear by over measuring. Beware of to many decisions by committee. As the company grows decision making needs to get pushed down and folks need to be trusted and allowed to fail. The company needs you to regularly articulate and re-articulate the central vision and plan of the company...don't lose focus!

Greenhouse Software2016-06-13

"The Real Deal."

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time

Pros

1) This is a place where you can grow your career. The company recruits people from various industries and backgrounds. I always feel like I can learn from anyone here. 2) The leadership team is experienced and thoughtful. They are honest about what's working and what isn't, and they empower everyone to help fix what isn't. 3) Every team sets a high bar for themselves and their work. These are driven people.... 4) This is a people-focused company, and the team here truly aspires to be leaders in their space.

Cons

1) The company is growing quickly, so there are a few growing pains. If you're not a person who can get your hands dirty to build something great, this might not be your cup of tea.

Advice to Management

1) Keep doing what you're doing. Honestly. Most companies don't have this kind of opportunity.

Greenhouse Software2016-05-20

"Opportunity of a lifetime"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people that work at Greenhouse will always be the first "pro" that I mention. From the early stages of the company, a team of hard-working, intelligent people were assembled which set the standard early. Greenhouse has successfully maintained that caliber of employee even after coming off a year where about 150 hires were made. I could go into the classic perks that go along with working at a SaaS... startup, but if that is what attracts you to GH then you should work elsewhere. Everybody here works tirelessly to be the best as there is a healthy balance of individual performance and operating as a team. The people that push you and help you reach that next goal of yours is the difference maker.

Cons

The only "con" in my time at GH would be the growing pains that came along with the hyper-growth we experienced. Things like moving offices, adjusting workflows were successfully completed, but could have been done a lot better. But hey, it was the first time!

Advice to Management

Keep disrupting the industry and stay ahead of competitors as they catch up to GH.

Greenhouse Software2016-05-13

"Overall Great Place"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great product with a clear vision from leadership - Great co-workers: smart, driven, passionate and fun - Smart and thoughtful decision making in a transparent environment - Flexible vacation days - Great office location

Cons

- There are growing pains around rapid change within a fast growing company, but the transparency into decision making from leadership helps to keep the team in the know and prepared for the changes. - No 401k matching

Advice to Management

You're doing a really good job! Keep it up!

Greenhouse Software2016-05-04

"Proud to work at Greenhouse"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing leadership, great product, and some of the smartest people I've ever had the privilege of working with. Every day provides new and exciting challenges, and the world of talent acquisition is fascinating. You're given trust and support from day one. New ideas are always welcome, the entire organization works across teams, there are no silos. Great culture and team dynamic -- I love coming to work... each day, for the work itself, the people, and the overall mission of our product.

Cons

I can't think of many explicit cons. Long hours are really more of a choice than anything else -- folks work hard because they love what they're doing and the product/customers they support. There is incredible work/life balance as well, so I suppose I don't see it as much of a con. Greenhouse is in hyper-growth and growing fast, so there are some general growing pains. It's nothing major, and frankly I find... it super exciting to watch the team grow!

Advice to Management

Thank you for being transparent and honest with employees. Keep doing what you're doing!

Greenhouse Software2015-07-07