Greenhouse Software "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Greenhouse Software Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Apr 3, 2019

4.6
Greenhouse Software CEO Daniel Chait
Daniel Chait
Pros
  • "Work life balance is second to none, I literally am in charge of my own time and it's great(in 11 reviews)

• "Great product, great people, and great culture(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Fast growth comes with growing pains(in 11 reviews)

• "We are growing so fast that sometimes it is hard to get to know everyone(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"The best company I've worked for by far"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is the most professional, respectful, fun, challenging and rewarding job I've ever had. Offering a lot of autonomy, but with guidance whenever I need it. Work life balance is second to none, I literally am in charge of my own time and it's great. The culture is awesome (and I love all of the clubs), people are so nice and welcoming,

Cons

Really can't think of any at the moment? Maybe the lack of 401k matching?

Advice to Management

Keep being so open, honest and accessible as you are

Greenhouse Software2019-04-04

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

colleague, manager, work / life balance, personal growth

Cons

I have been working at Greenhouse for almost 3 years and it is very hard to think about a negative experience. One con for me is that the benefits are not as good as companies like Facebook or Google. But I think it is a unfair comparison.

Greenhouse Software2018-08-10

"100% Recommend Greenhouse to a Friend"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

- a friendly, collaborative and inclusive work environment - clear vision and plan from leadership - work-life balance is A+

Cons

The only downside is the lack of a 401k match.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Greenhouse Software2018-05-29

"Greenhouse is the best company I've worked for"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time

Pros

I can be myself at Greenhouse. Everyone here supports work/life balance. Like most startups that are trying to scale, the hours can be long. So when I'm working longer hours, it can be stressful but the colleagues are what make everything worthwhile. I love the people at Greenhouse.

Cons

As I mentioned in the note above, workload can become pretty heavy at times because we are growing. We've been pretty lean for quite some time and I'm looking forward to our team growing.

Advice to Management

We need a 401k match, and management needs to be a bit more transparent with career tracks. Build out the teams so that we are not so lean. This is already in progress but let's keep this in mind as we continue to scale.

Greenhouse Software2018-04-06

"Be your best self at Greenhouse"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working at Greenhouse! Here are a few of the best parts: - It is a place where you can truly be yourself at work and feel valued for your uniqueness and what you bring to the table. - Autonomy and managers who trust you to get your work done (no micromanagement). - There is really great work/life balance and you never have to feel guilty about working from home or taking some time away from the office.... - There are opportunities for advancement and to move around the company if you have aspirations outside of the department that you were hired into. - The people here are really smart and just genuinely nice, good people.

Cons

- You have to be really adaptable and comfortable with change because we are ever growing and evolving as we mature as a company. There are some processes that are put into place, poorly communicated and then changed the next day. It can be frustrating - but just part of working at a start-up! - Communication is not always great when it comes to new hires, promotions, people leaving the team, and other... organizational changes. Sometimes it feels like only certain people on the team are privy to this information while some others are not. - The experience with managers seems to vary dramatically based on department. Some managers are very experienced while others have no experience. It is unfortunate if you are stuck with someone who does not know how to develop a team.

Greenhouse Software2018-04-05
  6. "awesome place to work and grow!"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, great coworkers, good pay, weekends off - they really care about employee happiness and work/life balance.

Cons

Some teams are still small and get stretched thin.

Advice to Management

Stay real!

Greenhouse Software2017-12-14

"Best Job I've Had, Surrounded by Amazing People"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You join Greenhouse not for the perks or anything (which aren’t half-bad) - but to be surrounded by people who, at the end of the day, you want to spend even more time with. Work itself is a lot more enjoyable when you’re working with, and are surrounded by, people who like and respect. Everyone here is hard working and dedicated to their job, as well as fun to hang out with! I can’t emphasize that enough.... Additionally, the work is continuously interesting and challenging. There is perpetually an endless list of things to be done, and being on a team that is passionate and introspective/self-improving helps you accomplish and learn a ton. This type of work environment comes from the top. Our leadership really leads by example. The perks (unlimited PTO, snacks, fridge full of beer, etc) are great and all, and the work environment (great work/life balance, flexible work hours, high levels of trust and autonomy) don’t hurt - but the reasons above are why I’m still working here.

Cons

Being on the engineering team, at times I feel isolated from what's going on in other departments. The two-floor layout, being separated from many other teams, definitely contributes to that as well. But things like an in-office cornhole tournament, or our quarterly Fun Days (we take an afternoon and go do fun activities each quarter) help bridge that gap!

Greenhouse Software2017-06-02

"The Best Place to Work!"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time

Pros

- Excellent work/life balance - Heavy focus on great management culture - Transparency and lifting others up are core tenets, not afterthoughts - Diversity is a priority, not an empty talking point

Cons

- Not a fan of the open work plan

Advice to Management

Keep treating your employees as your most valuable asset! It keeps us motivated and makes us actually care about our impact on the company!

Greenhouse Software2017-06-12

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

* work/life balance is good * great senior management * good engineering culture

Cons

* it will be better if there could be 401k matching in the future

Greenhouse Software2017-02-16

"SDR"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Greenhouse Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Greenhouse is hands down the best company I have ever worked for and truly embodies everything I would want in a company. The people here are not only fun, welcoming, helpful, and team oriented- but are also extremely bright individuals who have an understanding of both independent and team/company success. Everyone encourages each other to be the best employee you can be. Our CEO is amazing and trustworthy. I have... never experienced a company with so much transparency, collaboration, and where my voice actually matters. It's also a fun, vibrant work environment where there is a great understanding of work life balance.

Cons

We are a startup so changing of management is often frequent so this can be a bit difficult but our higher ups handle the change well and provide outlets where necessary to discuss

Greenhouse Software2016-12-09