Greenpath Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Kristen Holt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There is a sense of pride in doing our job because of how we are focused on helping people work towards greater financial wellness (in 10 reviews)

• We love what we do and have a common sense approach to "spending time with clients" this is unheard of in call center environments (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • This is a call center environment, very strictly regulated (in 19 reviews)

• Work schedule is not your typical 9-5 due to call center environment (in 10 reviews)

1. "Financial Wellness Expert"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Greenpath full-time

Pros

Everybody is friendly and helpful.
    Their cafe its pretty decent.
    Training and project opportunities in which you can participate.
    The money is not bad.

Cons

The hours.
    The Unclear expectations.

"Good Place To Work"

Current Employee - Expert in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Expert in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Greenpath full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are very friendly and helpful. Everyone works as a team. Coworkers are fun and interesting. Team outings are the best.

Cons

There is a lot of unclear expectations. The hours worked can be long. Sometimes callers are abusive, but as long as they don't swear at you, you're not allowed to say anything or hang up.

Jul 24, 2017 – HR Manager

Good morning,

Thank you for providing your feedback. I agree our team members are very friendly and always looking to help anyone they can.

I'd like to understand more about how we might... More

"Mean posts are a joke"

I have been working at Greenpath full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Greenpath does everything to try to meet the needs of staff and clients. They regularly send out surveys to gather information from staff on how to make things better and actively work to implement changes. They are a company that really cares about doing the right thing for people and are constantly working to improve. They work really hard to do this. They have employee activity committees, philanthropy committees, employee wellness committee, they have bikes to ride around, a game zone, a nap room, a free gym, a cafe. They actively work to engage employees and help create a positive atmosphere. They decorate the building with ways to connect to our mission. I wonder if people who come on here and complain and talk about too many HR, or being fired for no reason are simply bitter because they were let go? Greenpath does not fire for no reason and in most cases and employee has already received warnings. The HR team is incredible and works really hard. Our company has grown considerably and we needed more people. It is that simple. I wonder if these people who complain do not understand how a business works and from a global perspective? Greenpath has to meet the needs of a business, clients, staff, partners etc. I also wonder if they fail to see that if there is an issue they were given every chance to voice it and work to change? Why didn't they? Why didn't they realize that the relationship between staff and management is a two way street? Workforce management is needed. Anyone who understands business knows this. The only people "micromanaged" are those who perhaps were having some issues. To successfully work at greenpath you have to be responsible and you have to truly care about doing the right thing. There is job security and ways to flourish when you have this in you. I have been st greenpath a long time and know this and many who have been at greenpath (particularly leaders at greenpath) know this. There really is nothing this company hasn't tried or won't try to make things wonderful. The culture is fantastic and in fact I have seen at least 4 or 5 people come back after leaving because other work environments didn't compare.

Cons

Scheduling isn't always easy but has improved. Greenpath has really worked to improve this. Sometimes the work is tough. It really is. This is where caring comes in.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

"Financial Wellness Expert"

I have been working at Greenpath full-time

Pros

Decent PTO for American standards, can't complain too much about the pay, a lot of good people working in the organization

Cons

No down time, overwhelming call volume with insufficient staffing, no 403b matching, leadership is entirely unaccountable to the people who do the actual work

Advice to Management

Source out new revenue opportunities, hire enough people to handle call volume, end the gimmicky attempts at improving employee morale by means other than adequate compensation and staffing levels.

Jul 24, 2017 – HR Manager

Good morning,

Thank you for providing feedback. There are a few areas I would like to provide more context on as I think there may be some confusion. There are many people seeking our assistance... More

"This is an amazing company. I think anyone who is looking for a career in truly helping people, will reap the rewards."

Current Employee - Client Success Specialist
    Current Employee - Client Success Specialist

I have been working at Greenpath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My coworkers, staff, management and (new, about a year) CEO, have made my position make sense, constant change, we "fail fast" in our ideas. Kristen's (Our CEO,s motto). It's a huge step to seek counseling and myself and my coworkers, all of them are carefully selected. We love what we do and have a common sense approach to "spending time with clients" this is unheard of in call center environments. Every day is a joy. It's not just taking calls and getting micromanage. It's a step back and this company listens, changes and tries new things.. all for our clients. This company has figured things out. Check us out!

Cons

We have to work one late night until 8, each week and one late Friday every 3 months. We don't work weekends, though. This is not a con, just reality of the job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Keep looking for trends instead of micromanaging stuff. It's trial and error, of course. You have dedicated people for whom you screened us in the beginning. Keep trusting us.. an employee doesn't get this chance...ever.. (until now)

Jul 10, 2017 – HR Manager

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback. I would love the opportunity to chat with you directly if you would be willing. Please feel free to email me directly at jcrichton@greenpath.com... More

"Bankruptcy Counselor"

Former Employee - Bankruptcy Counselor in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Bankruptcy Counselor in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Greenpath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great Benefits
    -Great Paid Time Off
    -Keep employees motivated with contests and recognition

Cons

-Repetitive work
    -Pay is not amazing
    -Are clocked in at your desk and therefore can not step away from your desk without going on "break" which is then factored into your "score" when I first started I was working on a promotion and therefore did not hardly go on break to raise my score and led me to a UTI oops

Advice to Management

-Vary the work load

"Great people, leadership vacuum"

I worked at Greenpath full-time

Pros

Just about everyone was great to work with. Newer office building with some nice amenities. Interesting industry.

Cons

Lack of true leadership within the company. Many of the leaders have taken almost every Zenger-Folkman training under the sun, but at the end of the day they simply don't have natural leadership abilities. If you work here you'll almost certainly suffer from the leadership vacuum or some of the poor decisions that have resulted from it.

Advice to Management

Rent out some of the vacant floor space in the building to another company. Promote/recruit/retain people who have natural leadership qualities and a real track record of relevant success. Get rid of the rest. Focus on the profitable, sustainable areas of your business and reduce your dependence on grants. If and when you find success in the future, save some money for a rainy day.

Jun 15, 2017 – HR Manager

Good afternoon,

Thank you for providing feedback on your experiences will at GreenPath. I appreciate your honesty and specific examples of where you had concerns. I would love to chat further... More

"Client Advocate"

Current Employee - Clien Advocate in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Clien Advocate in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Greenpath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is truly compassionate about the people and the community they serve. I am proud and feel very privileged to work here.

Cons

I have not discovered any cons to working at this company, which is rare because there is usually always something that is undesirable. Although, it would be nice to get paid every week instead of every two weeks.

Advice to Management

Continue to be available to your employees and active in their success. The welcoming attitudes of the leaders of this company sets it apart from any other company out there. Keep routing for the underdog!!

"Client Advocate"

Current Employee - Client Advocate in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Client Advocate in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Greenpath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great positive work environment and health conscious

Cons

Late nights a couple days a week

"Cronyism"

Pros

Nice people commited to helping others

Cons

Old boy network. Too many managers who all drink together

Jan 6, 2017 – HR Manager

Good morning,

Thank you for providing feedback your experiences. I would like to hear more about your experience while working with GreenPath, and any feedback on how you feel we can make... More