Greensky Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
David Zalik

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Growing company making lots of money" (in 13 reviews)

• "The work is fast paced, so you will never get tired of doing the same old stuff" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Fast paced and not for everyone" (in 9 reviews)

• "Upper Management direction switched from day to day" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Customer Service Rep 2"

Pros

Great shifts, many opportunities to grow quickly

Cons

Incompetent management, very unorganized, strict

2. "Steady work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY

I have been working at Greensky full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is plenty of work to keep busy all day.

Cons

The hours of operation changing Friday and Saturday from the rest of the week. I would work later in the day if my hours could be the same Monday - Saturday.

Advice to Management

Treat people equally in your team. Be hands on when seeing the new hires struggle to learn protocol.

3. "Smart Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Greensky full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Advancement Opportunities within 6 months to a year
    Gain experience with a fast paced, fast growing company
    Paid Vacation and Great Benefits
    Great Pay

Cons

Inter departmental communication needs improvement

4. "Nice Pay"

Pros

Nice play, free drinks and variety of shifts

Cons

Management is horrible and most of the front lines don’t know their job. It’s also a who you know type of place

Advice to Management

Sit in some of the cs training class and take a couple of calls

"Client Growth Manager"

Current Employee - Client Growth Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Client Growth Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Greensky full-time (More than a year)

Pros

GreenSky is a wonderful place to work, in every aspect. We have a great culture on our team, which allows a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Our leadership team is responsive, loyal, and more than helpful when questions arise.

Having a job where you can see the direct impact on your clients business is more than rewarding, which is why working for GreenSky is so great. Sales/account management jobs can be hard and stressful in any environment, but knowing your clients are benefitting from your hard work is the best feeling ever.

GreenSky is constantly growing within our space, and we are gaining a ton of positive brand recognition, which is really exciting.

Cons

Challenges/cons are similar to any other company that is growing as rapidly as GreenSky. There are days that can be frustrating because of growing pains, but nothing serious enough to complain about.

Also- we love the free lunches but Jason’s Deli gets old. Can we change this up?

Advice to Management

Management continues to surprise me, as they continue to give their employees everything they’ve got. Every ounce of energy (even on a Monday), every word of advice, and every smile/joke- your employees appreciate you. Having a management team that technically has a “door open” policy is beyond helpful, and I wouldn’t ask for anything more (unless you want to buy us lunch tomorrow- we wouldn’t be upset).

"n/a"

Former Employee - Collections Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Collections Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Greensky full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pay was decent , great shift choice, great benefits and incentives

Cons

turnover rate really high, unrealistic goals

"Manager"

I worked at Greensky full-time

Pros

Pay is decent. Some people are wonderful.

Cons

CEO only cares about money. No investment in people. Money from recent IPO will only makes executives richer. Antiquated systems. Cut-throat environment. Executives believe that having a big ego is a substitute for talent. Lack of diversity - with the exception of the head of HR, all other leaders are white males. Good old boys club feeling.

Talented applicants should stay away. This company is toxic. You will quickly burn out unless you become part of the "in" group and replace your talent with a big ego (think pointy-hair boss from Dilbert)

Advice to Management

You are rich already. Fire yourselves and get some real talent to run the company.

"Consider what you want and hold them accountable"

I worked at Greensky full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Looks wonderful on your resume, political correctness never monitored, mentoring in Marketing, intimate seating arrangements

Cons

Big egos, lack of transparency, extreme frugality, lack of professional development and investment in employees, misogyny, chaotic decision-making, prioritization of bottom line over customers, interpretation and implementation of diversity throughout the business

Advice to Management

Please take the time to invest in the employees that pour their energy and work into this business with very little recognition or return. Whether through clearer career paths within the company or amenities and resources that help employees achieve a greater work-life balance, there is a lot that can be done to create a better culture with happier people.

The near toxic culture of entitlement and power leads to exchanges ranging from passive aggressive to executives going red in the face, along with tension that is almost always too high. The lack of investment in technology and proper development of employees is inexcusable from a company that boasts itself as an industry leader.

Please begin promoting and empowering women and people of color in this company as equally as you continually empower white males. Please care about customers as much as you claim you do. Please get water that doesn't run out. Please pay for Kleenex. Please tell male executives that women have names and don't want to be called Sunshine or other pet names.

9. "Avoid this company at all costs!"

Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Greensky full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing positive to report. One star is too many for GreenSky Credit. Turn over speaks for itself with this company.

Cons

False promises to employees - this company goes out of their way to make sure you are NOT compensated fairly or as they promised.
    Just like their merchant agreement, they refuse to put anything in writing regarding pay or commission to avoid being held accountable
    Goals set you up for your failure

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees and treat everyone as you treat yourselves and your board of directors

10. "Middle of the road"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookhaven, DeKalb, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookhaven, DeKalb, GA

I worked at Greensky full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing company making lots of money

Cons

Trying to find their identity in growth.

Advice to Management

Surveys