Greensky Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
David Zalik

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "If you're looking to get in with a growing company and industry leader this is the right place" (in 15 reviews)

• "Lots of opportunity for upward mobility with internal promotions" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Fast paced and not for everyone" (in 9 reviews)

• "Upper Management direction switched from day to day" (in 7 reviews)

"Awesome company with a lot of opportunity to grow!"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Greensky full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for GreenSky for a number of years. When I first started I knew nothing about the Home Improvement Industry, loans, interest rates, etc. If you're looking to get in with a growing company and industry leader this is the right place. The training, leadership, and work environment is 2nd to none! "If You’re Offered a Seat on a Rocket Ship, You Don’t Ask What Seat. You Just Get On.”

Cons

The gourmet coffee machine, casual work environment, terrific benefits, team outings...should I keep going?

Advice to Management

Continue to hire top talent and lead by example!

2. "Great Job. Great Pay. Off Management"

I have been working at Greensky full-time

Pros

Awesome pay, and lots of opportunities for overtime. Good work environment as well

Cons

Managers Suck
    Schedules arent flexable
    did i mention managers suck?

3. "Credit Underwriter"

Pros

Friendly Environment and good company culture

Cons

No real growth potential and many of the supervisor cannot help with basic things,.

Advice to Management

Listen to the representatives. Stop will all the outside recruitment, exceptionally with supervisor that cannot help.

"Don't Let Greensky Be The End Of Your Career"

Current Employee - Dev Ops Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Dev Ops Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Greensky full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The money is great and that is how they will hook you. They will come to you like a siren and convince you to leave your company for the money.

Cons

There is no work life balance the will grind your life into powder including nights and weekends. You may have the money but for how long, the attrition rate here is horrible and if you don't tow managements particular line and have an opinion that could help they will fire you in a hot second. I have witnessed countless members be let go around me and it breeds the fear that it seems they are looking for. All these people have family's to support. There seems to be very little team work even though they are trying to foster it. The constant restructuring and fear they produce keeps the team building they try to do a moot point. It is hard to want to team build within your team when people are constantly leaving, being let go, fired, or moved to another team.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people and then restructuring people out of work. It is rude to promise people away from their company's just to fire them, force them out after you are done using them. Your team work needs some retooling it has more to do with the fear you foster. Try harder to team build when you have a static team and are not having issues with employment. Actually care about work life balance. Being a salary employee it is understandable that we will have to work some long hours sometimes, but when it is a constant struggle and always being overworked it becomes hard. Also your work from home policy needs work you act like the salary employees are punching a clock. We can work 15 hours a day but if you are not at the office it does not count and we are treated like micromanaged clock punchers. You can always pull our VPN logs if you are concerned about hours but in the end we are salary you should be worrying about quality and quantity not staring at us while we work, it does not help morale.

"BDC"

Former Employee - BDC in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - BDC in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Greensky full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was fair, and receiving a paycheck is always good.

Cons

Bad company culture, poor training, and lied to about the amount of commission that was going to be made.

Advice to Management

Better training program. Try to make the office environment more enjoyable so that going to work everyday does not feel like you're entering a dungeon.

6. "Collections"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Greensky full-time

Pros

Growing company with great benefits

Cons

Training class is more like a psychological(mind-reading) class more so than a learning environment depending on the trainer.

Advice to Management

During training. One day needs to be set aside for all the compliance docs instead of being rushed through it.Penalize the trainer and not the new hire's. Trainer should stick to material instead of the high level of sarcastic delivery.

"Management controls commissions and they are capped."

Former Employee - Client Growth Manager in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Client Growth Manager in Marietta, GA

I worked at Greensky full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros when commission goes down even though you are making goals.

Cons

Large numbers of accounts are taken out of your portfolio with no warning or discussion. Commission drops. You have to start building again.
    Also, the commission plan is changed mid-year and commission is lowered. The company is breaking profit revenue records.
    New Account Managers make the same commission as ones who have worked hard for years.

Advice to Management

Do not control commissions. Adding reps to expand the department should not drastically decrease commissions.
    Appreciate the people who have helped the department grow. When a rep asks to be rewarded look for reasons to help them, not reasons not to help them.

8. "Associate Review"

I have been working at Greensky full-time

Pros

Good company, Clean work and acceptable workplace

Cons

Unreachable goals with not enough staff

"Salary"

I have been working at Greensky full-time

Pros

Good pay free drinks wide range of schedules

Cons

Management lack knowledge unprofessional environment

"Awful Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Greensky full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At least you get a paycheck...

Cons

Lead by fear, everyone is unhappy with upper management, not a product you are proud of, severe lack of honesty, integrity and morality.

Advice to Management

From the top down there is always a sense of fear created among employees. Stories of people getting screamed at or fired in meetings abound. This unhealthy culture needs to be fixed.