Greensky Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 4, 2018

2.8
David Zalik

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "If you're looking to get in with a growing company and industry leader this is the right place" (in 15 reviews)

• "free parking, free lunch sometimes, great benefits and great pay" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Fast paced and not for everyone" (in 9 reviews)

• "Upper Management direction switched from day to day" (in 7 reviews)

"Client Growth Manager"

Current Employee - Client Growth Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Client Growth Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Greensky full-time (More than a year)

Pros

GreenSky is a wonderful place to work, in every aspect. We have a great culture on our team, which allows a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Our leadership team is responsive, loyal, and more than helpful when questions arise.

Having a job where you can see the direct impact on your clients business is more than rewarding, which is why working for GreenSky is so great. Sales/account management jobs can be hard and stressful in any environment, but knowing your clients are benefitting from your hard work is the best feeling ever.

GreenSky is constantly growing within our space, and we are gaining a ton of positive brand recognition, which is really exciting.

Cons

Challenges/cons are similar to any other company that is growing as rapidly as GreenSky. There are days that can be frustrating because of growing pains, but nothing serious enough to complain about.

Also- we love the free lunches but Jason’s Deli gets old. Can we change this up?

Advice to Management

Management continues to surprise me, as they continue to give their employees everything they’ve got. Every ounce of energy (even on a Monday), every word of advice, and every smile/joke- your employees appreciate you. Having a management team that technically has a “door open” policy is beyond helpful, and I wouldn’t ask for anything more (unless you want to buy us lunch tomorrow- we wouldn’t be upset).

2. "Ops"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookhaven, DeKalb, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookhaven, DeKalb, GA

I worked at Greensky full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None to add, nothing add

Cons

Awful place to work, do not recommend

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people that do not know what they are doing

"You Can Do Better"

Former Employee - Salesforce in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA
    Former Employee - Salesforce in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I worked at Greensky full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance. I tried hard to think of anything else.

Cons

Greensky needs help. They don't care about their employees. They once sent me an email saying I could evaluate my managers and when I was just ready to click on it, I realized they were testing to see if I could recognize SPAM. They fired me when I was 8 months pregnant. They said my performance was horrible and wasn't improving but I knew that wasn't true. They kept finding things to complain about. My last performance review simply said the document I created to try to do better was a waste of time. They fired me the following Monday. I believe it had everything to do with management not wanting to find someone to come in to do my job temporarily while I was on maternity leave. And these were WOMEN!

The salary seemed fine at first until I realized they were paying me a below average salary for my position to do 2 or 3 jobs. The person overseeing me, who was not my boss, once told me I needed to be my own BA. Multiple administrators asked management to hire a dedicated BA and, despite having the money, they simply refused.

Luckily, there are better jobs out there. I now work for a company where the employees are willing to help each other, the pay is better and the process is fluid, organized and understandable. Whereas at Greensky, the miserable Sr. Admin made going to work everyday miserable, here I actually like coming to work. Getting certified with only 2 days of studying made me realize I'm good at my job and reinforced the fact that my performance wasn't the problem.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to evaluate their managers. Cant just assume you're putting the right people in the job
    Make sure your managers aren't miserable in their jobs!!! Miserable managers make miserable employees.
    Either train employees or give them room to make mistakes
    Don't count on employees to do other people's jobs. If you need a BA, HIRE A BA.
    Understand there is more than one way to do a job and your way isn't the only correct way.
    Get organized.
    Come to terms with the fact that much of what you're doing is wrong and make strides toward fixing it. Top down not bottom up.
    Document something. Anything!

"Awesome company with a lot of opportunity to grow!"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Greensky full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for GreenSky for a number of years. When I first started I knew nothing about the Home Improvement Industry, loans, interest rates, etc. If you're looking to get in with a growing company and industry leader this is the right place. The training, leadership, and work environment is 2nd to none! "If You’re Offered a Seat on a Rocket Ship, You Don’t Ask What Seat. You Just Get On.”

Cons

The gourmet coffee machine, casual work environment, terrific benefits, team outings...should I keep going?

Advice to Management

Continue to hire top talent and lead by example!

5. "Great Job. Great Pay. Off Management"

I have been working at Greensky full-time

Pros

Awesome pay, and lots of opportunities for overtime. Good work environment as well

Cons

Managers Suck
    Schedules arent flexable
    did i mention managers suck?

"Serious changes needed in management and company culture."

Current Employee - Collections Specialist in Crestview Hills, KY
    Current Employee - Collections Specialist in Crestview Hills, KY

I have been working at Greensky full-time

Pros

Pay is very reasonable for the position.
    Small office benefits like including free coffee and a soda fountain, as well as a small canteen area.

Cons

Like others have mentioned, there is a real problem with management. Managers having explosive outbursts, yelling cursing, behavior that is inappropriate for any environment much less a place of business.
    They operate based on the fear that is instilled in employees. Individuals terminated frequently and for reasons that appear to be quite superficial. Constantly remind you of numbers and metrics and that failure to meet them could result in termination.
    When issues are brought to managements attention they either pay no attention, or are upset with you for bringing it to their attention.
    Very disorganized, no written procedures, and procedures change on the fly almost on a day to day basis.
    Absolutely zero care for the customer or their experience. Greensky is solely about the money to be made and do not care about anything else. Merchants frequently misrepresent the product leading to customer dissatisfaction and Greensky takes no responsibility, prefers to pass blame on to the merchant and offering no resolution.
    Upward moblilty here is almost nonexistant unless you are close with the managers. It is based not on merit, but who you know.

Advice to Management

This could be a great place to work, but there needs to be some very serious and substantial change. Management needs to be replaced or retrained in ethics and acceptable workplace behavior.
     Invest in the happiness of you employees, as an individual is more productive when motivated by this than fear.

"Don't Let Greensky Be The End Of Your Career"

Current Employee - Dev Ops Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Dev Ops Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Greensky full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The money is great and that is how they will hook you. They will come to you like a siren and convince you to leave your company for the money.

Cons

There is no work life balance the will grind your life into powder including nights and weekends. You may have the money but for how long, the attrition rate here is horrible and if you don't tow managements particular line and have an opinion that could help they will fire you in a hot second. I have witnessed countless members be let go around me and it breeds the fear that it seems they are looking for. All these people have family's to support. There seems to be very little team work even though they are trying to foster it. The constant restructuring and fear they produce keeps the team building they try to do a moot point. It is hard to want to team build within your team when people are constantly leaving, being let go, fired, or moved to another team.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people and then restructuring people out of work. It is rude to promise people away from their company's just to fire them, force them out after you are done using them. Your team work needs some retooling it has more to do with the fear you foster. Try harder to team build when you have a static team and are not having issues with employment. Actually care about work life balance. Being a salary employee it is understandable that we will have to work some long hours sometimes, but when it is a constant struggle and always being overworked it becomes hard. Also your work from home policy needs work you act like the salary employees are punching a clock. We can work 15 hours a day but if you are not at the office it does not count and we are treated like micromanaged clock punchers. You can always pull our VPN logs if you are concerned about hours but in the end we are salary you should be worrying about quality and quantity not staring at us while we work, it does not help morale.

8. "Credit Underwriter"

Pros

Friendly Environment and good company culture

Cons

No real growth potential and many of the supervisor cannot help with basic things,.

Advice to Management

Listen to the representatives. Stop will all the outside recruitment, exceptionally with supervisor that cannot help.

"BDC"

Former Employee - BDC in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - BDC in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Greensky full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was fair, and receiving a paycheck is always good.

Cons

Bad company culture, poor training, and lied to about the amount of commission that was going to be made.

Advice to Management

Better training program. Try to make the office environment more enjoyable so that going to work everyday does not feel like you're entering a dungeon.

10. "Collections"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Greensky full-time

Pros

Growing company with great benefits

Cons

Training class is more like a psychological(mind-reading) class more so than a learning environment depending on the trainer.

Advice to Management

During training. One day needs to be set aside for all the compliance docs instead of being rushed through it.Penalize the trainer and not the new hire's. Trainer should stick to material instead of the high level of sarcastic delivery.