Greenspire Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Greenspire CEO David Murray
David Murray

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Easy to place to come to work with a group of great people" (in 9 reviews)

• "The best part of all is not only are our people saving the world on a daily basis, but our company is growing at a rate you have to see to believe" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "And they tried to make us work door to door on Super bowl Sunday like really" (in 14 reviews)

• "No matter what position you at you have to do door to door sales" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Manager"

I have been working at Greenspire full-time

Pros

Hard work equals excellent rewards.

Cons

Can have inconsistent work schedule.

Advice to Management

Be flexible.

2. "Telemarketer woes"

I worked at Greenspire part-time

Pros

Floor managers and co worker are VERY friendly

Cons

Little hours given, if performance is low because of company problems then fingers will be pointed wrongly.

Advice to Management

Don't terminate and cut hours because your problems effect others

3. "Field Enrollment Representative"

Current Employee - Field Enrollment Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Field Enrollment Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Greenspire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Weekly pay, supportive company and team environment, lots of income potential, and ability to move up! I have really enjoyed my time at Greenspire so far. I was able to enroll 2 homeowners very recently, we saved one of them over $100 per month! I am learning something new every day, the autonomy and flexibility are also a huge plus for me.

Cons

Can be challenging at first. I didn't have any prior experience in this industry, so there was a bit of a learning curve, but the team and company were very helpful during those times. You have to be very active in creating relationships and opportunities, this is not a job where you can sit back and wait for things to fall in your lap.

Advice to Management

I really appreciate when the upper management stops by the field, the company/team events are also a lot of fun. Run monthly competitions for trips/bonus'/fun outings for spouses and families. I would love to see more trainings built for the business/entrepreneurial minded employees to further our growth and development.

"Positions are not as advertised (ask questions in the interview!!!)"

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Greenspire (Less than a year)

Pros

A humbling experience, Will make you reflect your life decisions.

Cons

As an FER you will waste more money than you make. Pretty sure this is an MLM Scheme. Working outside in 110 heat making scraps and driving 40 mins to a miserable he11.

Advice to Management

Shut it down

"Make sure to scroll down and read all reviews"

Former Employee - District Manager Trainee
    Former Employee - District Manager Trainee

I worked at Greenspire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Glassdoor will move all the positive reviews to the top even if they are not current and recent, make sure you scroll down and read and you’re well informed.
    The pros from this experience of “district manager trainee” was a great smokescreen to get you on board with Greenspire. Several people seem to immediately post “positive” reviews ,which seems odd and can be allegedly paid, to outweigh the low ratings on Glassdoor actually given by people who have been victims of Greenspire’s misleading hiring process.
    Their mission statement is to help others with energy and by this they mean by selling solar panels but the actual script which they tell you to stick to offers government programs to lure you speak to them and schedule appointments. Greenspire is not interested in doing anything with the government programs and you will not get paid unless you SELL SOLAR PANELS.

Cons

I would recommend to make sure you do a thorough assessment of Greenspire before you leave your current job.
    It was sad to see how many people quit their jobs to work for Greenspire to later find out that it was all a sham.

"Research"

Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Burbank, CA

I worked at Greenspire (Less than a year)

Pros

They respond pretty quickly to their phone calls and emails.

Cons

Please, please research any businesses that you decide to apply for. I am disappointed at the business practices of this company by baiting people to sell door to door.

"Performance coach"

Current Employee - Performance Coach in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Performance Coach in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Greenspire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Engaging, dynamic, fun, energizing and empowering.

Cons

Travel, distance, engagements across regions

Advice to Management

Please bring back the fancy water machine with coconut filter.

Jul 18, 2018 – General Manager

Thank you for the feedback. We take great pride in the training and performance coaching we are able to provide our top-notch teams and sincerely appreciate your efforts!

"Fun - Rewarding - Challenging"

Current Employee - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Greenspire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth opportunity bar none. Entry level to management growth positions available and more opening weekly (Asst. Mgr., District Mgr., Director levels open)

Honest, fair and merit based company, no favoritism or seniority. It is a do what you say culture,

High standards, with high rewards. It is a competitive environment. Perfection is not expected; growing involves making mistakes and learning from them, you are given the opportunity to learn on the job through taking action. Team environment is built around coaching and mentoring to learn and grow by doing.

Mission is to lower the cost of living, helping people pay less on their bills in a sustainable manner

Amazing company, team culture and work environment. This place will challenge you to be your best and work harder than your peers. Also, plenty of opportunity to have fun along the way! (MLB tickets, NBA tickets, NHL tickets, summer/holiday parties, etc.)

Cons

Engagement is a challenge, the company operates all over Southern CA with multiple regional offices. Getting everyone in one place at one time is not easy.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in employee development and success. Plan more events to increase the engagement and morale.

Jul 18, 2018 – General Manager

Thank you for the feedback. We are very lucky to have such a high-quality management team and look forward to continue building with you!

"Great for homeowners, employees work for little to no money"

Former Employee - Field Enrollment Representative in Simi Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Field Enrollment Representative in Simi Valley, CA

I worked at Greenspire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Staff was beyond friendly and fun to work with. Employee morale was always so high.

Cons

I’m a shoelace away from suing them. The job was horrendously misleading. I blame myself for being suckered into such a scam. They look for anyone with little or no sales experience then tell you it isn’t a sales job when in fact it is. I was deceived in my interview that roughly 50 percent of Assessment’s enroll when that was a lie. I had zero enrollments despite knocking on over 1100 doors setting 17 assessments. You get a lousy 12.50 gas and phone stipend which justifies them not paying you. It’s a commission based job otherwise. Our job is to knock on doors in the hot sun to set homeowners up for energy assessments, even if you do that, they rarely hold and even if a program facilitator sits down with them you still don’t make any money. They have to enroll (and you only get paid if it’s solar) and we’re even supposed to say we’re not a solar company. Even if a homeowner enrolls they have 3 days to cancel and you did all that work for nothing! Unless you have supplemental income do not work for these shysters. I wouldn’t recommend Greenspire to anyone to work for.

Advice to Management

Pay baseline, don’t lie to your employees. Consolidate the enrollment reps with the program facilitators. Get active in local communities to brand.

Jul 18, 2018 – General Manager

Hello an thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately you seem to be very confused about our process. We apologies if we missed a training opportunity to assist you with your results. All employees... More

"Saving homeowners money is the mission - do you believe in the mission?"

Current Employee - Operations in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Greenspire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Greenspire will push you to be the best version of your self. You will be expected to participate in training, work with teammates both in the office & in the field, be accountable to your commitments (to customers and the business) and live up to goals set with your management team. If you don't see these the above items as "pros" - this position is not likely for you. If you are capable of pushing yourself to do these things, you will be a part of a fantastic team, you will earn a great deal of money & you will have a lot of fun.

Cons

Fast moving pace requires high attention to detail & high energy day-in & day-out.

Advice to Management

Be patient with new recruits. Look for ways to promote from within. Find ways to keep driving the "fun" energy at Greenspire!