What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people were great and encouraging" (in 24 reviews)
- "They both take the time to get to know their employees and genuinely care about everyone." (in 7 reviews)
- "It's generally a very entry level company, they really do provide extensive training and experience in a variety of fields." (in 7 reviews)
- "Management does seem to want to work with you, but they are so busy trying to do their job that they aren't able to provide one on one assistance that new hires need." (in 7 reviews)
- "Great company culture" (in 7 reviews)
- "It was all commission and I lost a lot more than what I made." (in 6 reviews)
- "Pay was awful" (in 5 reviews)
- "Long hours (understandable considering the demand), routes are sometimes pretty grueling, and the negative side of any sales job." (in 5 reviews)
- "However, there is parking available inside the building for a daily fee." (in 4 reviews)
- "Upper Management is impossible to get along with." (in 2 reviews)
Found 11 of over 180 reviews
Updated Feb 20, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "hard work"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0Oct 10, 2014Sales RepresentativeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLos Angeles, CA
Probably not a scam. Not solar. Exercise. Decent people.
Sounds like a scam making it a tough sell. The prices of the products are so high that they are not disclosed to the appointment setters. Appointment setting isn't any different from selling, it is just a two part sales process, and the canvassers get the harder part. Bad work life balance. Far commute to work for most of the employees. No reimbursement of gas. No hourly pay resulting in lots of unpaid work, especially starting out. Unnecessarily high pressure to perform due to 100% commission structure. Commission only works well for plenty of jobs, canvassing for energy efficiency remodeling (a word they encouraged us not to use) is not one of them.14Greenspire Response9y
Thank you for your response! We can assure you that a company working with state and federally funded programs as well as utility companies are not a "scam." We do not actually "sell" products but do offer a service where we can schedule a free energy assessment so the homeowner can find out where there home can be potentially wasting energy. After the energy assessment, we will share the result with the homeowner and let them know what they may qualify for through these state programs. We apologize if you weren't successful at this position and the pay structure was not adequate enough for you however, we have many employees that earn great income in the same position and pay structure as you. We do have employees on hourly, salary, and commission wages depending what position they are in as well as their past experiences. Good luck with your future ventures.
- 5.0Sep 19, 2014Solar ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSanta Monica, CA
Company culture is #1 priority. Greenspire focuses on morale of the staff. Constant incentives, perks, contests, group activities, sports games, parties and banquets. I respect the executive team. Each an every member is heavily involved in each phase and department of the business. There is a open door policy with issues as long as we have proposed solutions. Everyone from my direct manager to the CEO is willing to jump into any issue and understand difficulties from a ground level view.
Sometimes I feel like the company can be over motivated... We work hard and absolutely get deserved time off and holidays, etc, however you will be pushed 50 of the 52 weeks per year. It can be tiring, but if you are the right fit you will grow and learn like crazy.1