Greenville Health System Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Mike Riordan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Jobs are posted as a formality, no one else is considered when jobs are posted (in 5 reviews)

• From the pay which sucked so bad to upper management that was the worse (in 5 reviews)

1. "Stimulating work environment with a challenging caseload."

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Greenville Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities for advancement. Structured career ladder with clearly defined objectives and self developed work plan. Caseload is manageable with reasonable productivity levels. Professional interactions at all times.

Cons

Increased number of acute care therapist required. Speciality areas are very well staffed.

Advice to Management

Management is very rehab focused. CEO is very in tune with employee opinions. Conducts quarterly Town Hall Meetings at all campuses which all staff are encouraged to atend. These meetings are informative and seek feedback on current issues.

2. "have worked full time for 5 years"

Current Employee - Surgical Tech in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Surgical Tech in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Greenville Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great company to work for, great opportunities to advance and good healthcare benefits. good PTO policy and holiday time.

Cons

the O.R. management is consistently changing, with each new person changing the rules to benefit themselves. Love the company, not much love to the management staff, we have lost quite a few good long term people due to the inconsistency and unfairness, management does not follow hospital policies and threatens anyone who voices their displeasure

Advice to Management

get it together.

3. "Transportin' your way into the future!"

Pros

-Hospital staff is super nice with the exception of a few bad apples, but what company doesn't have those?
    -Good benefits
    -Respectable boss that cares about patient safety/health
    -The managers will work with your school schedule in order to keep you

Cons

-Being around germs all day
    -The long walk from the employee parking garage

4. "Fabulous place to work!"

Pros

It's the largest employer in Greenville, SC. It's nice to be with a company that has such a strong presence as well as mission, vision, and values.

Cons

As with any hospital system- no holidays off but you are given plenty of PTO to compensate

5. "One of the most professional and experienced hospital I have been in."

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Greenville Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would say that Greenville has the best concept of Team Work that I have ever experience in a professional and/or medical field. The Team has "your back"!!!

Cons

Probably if one is working very hard in a position and not getting enough recognition.

Advice to Management

Making sure that all employees in the department are informed.

6. "I love my job"

Current Employee - Outpatient Therapist in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Outpatient Therapist in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Greenville Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am well compensated for the work I do, my managers and coworkers are capable of completing tasks assigned to them and are very aware of the environment and needs of the persons we are providing care to, and the atmosphere is an atmosphere of safety and client focused care

Cons

It would be a much better place if there were more opportunities for growth. I would also appreciate more support staff in some areas.

Advice to Management

Upper management would benefit from spending more time in the various locations. It is understandable that GMMC is the "hub" of services, but those in outlying facilities feel that they are often overlooked

7. "Excellent Organization to Work For and Grow With..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I worked at Greenville Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At GHS there is a tremendous opportunity for anyone who wants to grow within the organization. The culture is committed to continuous improvement and learning, diversity of its employee base, and treats its employees fairly. You get out of it what you are willing to put into it; the opportunities are there. Physicians, affiliated staff, nursing, and corporate all work together to ensure that GHS is on the forefront of serving the needs of the communities that it is privileged to be a part of.

Cons

GHS is a large healthcare organization that experiences significant growth each year. It can at times be a bit overwhelming. However, Leadership along with HR is committed to providing each employee with individualized attention which helps.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the development of Leadership and management skills.

8. "Great flexibility and compensation"

Pros

GHS is a wonderful place to work! I work as a night shift registered nurse with Supplemental Staffing. They are a phenomenal group to work for. The managers are very supportive and fair, and I love being able to make my own schedule! I have always felt appreciated for the work that I do, and we are kept well informed.

Cons

The trade off for working with Supplemental Staffing is that you do float to most units in the hospital. Sometimes the staff on the unit you are assigned to will give assignments that definitely favor their own department's staff. The frustration that occurs sometimes is compensated well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job!!

9. "Very generous year end bonus!"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist III in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist III in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Greenville Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good support from management for whatever is needed. Productivity is reasonable. Very good benefits. Career ladder is functional and appealing to grow.

Cons

Staff coverage for PTO is challenging. This will limit the schedule for treatments or result with staff working having to take on significantly more work.

Advice to Management

Continue to interact with employees. Town Hall meetings are very effective.

10. "I've only been here a few weeks - but my department is awesome!"

I have been working at Greenville Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are amazing! Really care about what we do.

Cons

Feel like all eyes are on you because it's such a reputable, well-known system. Got to be on your toes at all times!