Greenway Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Greenway Health CEO Scott Zimmerman
Scott Zimmerman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • 401K match is at the end of the year, high deductible on health insurance (in 29 reviews)

• High deductible health plan, but once the deductible was reached you were covered 100% (in 11 reviews)

1. "5 years in and going strong!"

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There have been many changes to this company over the years I have worked here. Some bad, some good, but I finally feel like we have found our stride. I LOVE working at Greenway. Leadership is fantastic and co workers are energetic and driven to make a big change in the industry. New CEO is really helping to usher in some amazing changes. Super excited to be part of the team! Some people complain about the high deductible insurance plan, but I think its great. If you know much about insurance right now, you know its really the best option. Plus, Greenway contributes quite a bit to your personal HSA, so you have tons of funds to put towards out of pocket costs.

Cons

A little bummed that we no longer have a big Christmas party for the company anymore. We used to have a fantastic party in Tampa every year and I feel like it was a great way to grow the company culture.
    Invest in the people that really care about the company. It has been a bit of an uphill battle to make the $$ I believe my role deserves, but overall, I am not going anywhere else.

Advice to Management

Maybe take a detailed look into your teams and make sure your star people are truly happy with the financial and work-life balance of their roles. Those that work the hardest seem to get more work loaded on them than those that "punch the clock"

2. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time

Pros

The work environment is extremely focused on the employees and the work/life balance is great. Good mix of older and younger employees and the office in Tampa is in a very easy to get location.

Cons

Parking can be tough, but there are perks with the parking garage right next door.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Dec 14, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

Thank you for your recognition and celebration of our culture. We are extremely proud of our diverse employee population and thrilled that you are enjoying your experience at Greenway Health. That... More

"Great place to work but lost my trust"

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time

Pros

Entry Level Positions Available, Growth Oportunity

Cons

Can't trust Management, medical benefits are outrageous

Nov 13, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. At Greenway Health, we are committed to living our values which include integrity and respect at the foundation. As such we encourage two-way communication between our... More

4. "Great company culture"

I worked at Greenway Health full-time

Pros

They genuinely care for and respect their employees. The atmosphere is one of tolerance and acceptance.

Cons

I didn't really care for the nature of the work. Not Greenway's fault! I just wasn't cut out to be a claims analyst.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and don't move everything to Florida.

Dec 14, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

Thanks for your feedback. We are focused on creating a culture built around integrity, respect and caring for our teams and our customers. We appreciate your contributions to Greenway Health. We... More

"Bad PTO, Inconsistent Standards"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Alachua, FL
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Alachua, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work/life separation. Fun corporate attitude. Diverse workforce. In depth on-boarding process. Sprint socials and game room are nice. Variation in work.

Cons

Extremely lengthy interview process and little to no flexibility on salary. Laughably bad time off policies. PTO and sick are combined and very limited. Massively inconsistent standards. Certain offices totally lack professionalism. Snitches attempt to garner favor with managers. Be careful who you trust. Company not stable, many owners and office closings.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to satellite offices. Give reasonable time off.

Dec 14, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. We are continually striving to implement positive changes to transform our culture for our employees and customers. We have received feedback about our PTO (paid time... More

"Long road to recovery ahead..."

I worked at Greenway Health full-time

Pros

Great employees who truly care about each other and customers.

Cons

Complex product and systems. Senior management doesn't understand reality of challenges faced by employees, or doesn't care.

Advice to Management

Listen you your people, fix the products and make it easier for customers.

Dec 14, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

Thank you for your response. At Greenway Health, we agree that we have an incredible team of talented employees who aspire to be of service to our customers and each other. You would be encouraged... More

"A convoluted experience coupled with a lack of communication and broken promises."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The coworkers are great to work with. Most of the teams have some great people on them and they’re like diamonds in the rough.

Cons

Salaries are plain garbage. Expect to be paid well below market average for your position. You can literally go across the street and make 10-30k more.

This company has a severe communication problem. You’ll often be committed to a deadline to an executive from your managers and won’t be informed about until the deadline approaches. Information is not consistently spread throughout the company and knowledge boarding is rampant.

The products are old, ugly, tired, and dated. Despite the spin that is always put on about “innovation”, Greenway is 5 years too late. They’ve just now decided to ditch the premise model for a SaaS-based solution (which hopefully won’t be as terrible as Stat). Customers and employees are quitting this company faster than you can imagine.

The decision was made to close Birmingham, Lake Mary, Atlanta, and slash positions at Carrollton. Don’t let the “innovation” spin fool you. This is a reverse-psychology layoff. The company is forcing people to relocate to save their jobs and “eliminating the position” if they choose not to relocate. Nice way to treat your employees. We’ll see how long you guys can last.

This place is past its prime. Not sure what can be done anymore as everyone knows it.

Advice to Management

Nothing. You don’t make changes anyhow, so what’s the point?

Nov 20, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

- In early October, we announced two significant changes based in part on employee and customer feedback. First, a new project called “Polaris” to create a state of the art technology platform for... More

8. "Claims Analyst"

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time

Pros

Flexible work hours, remote opportunities

Cons

Job security, low pay grade compared to others

Nov 20, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. We are dedicated to creating a culture where our company's mission and vision is fully understood by all of our employees and we allow for flexible work environments to... More

"Too Much Change"

I worked at Greenway Health full-time

Pros

Used to have some pros before the merge with Vitera, then it went downhill fast

Cons

If you are not from Vitera initially you are shrugged off. The former Greenway was a much better company before the merge with Vitera. It is very cliquey. All the benefits changed for the worse. Stay away!

Advice to Management

be better boss. If you can't treat all your employees the same and you have favorites then please do all a favor and step down. This makes for a very bad work environment.

Nov 13, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. We are sure it was a difficult time when three distinct cultures were brought together four years ago. Much has changed and will continue to change, including a new set... More

"Starter Job"

Current Employee - Claims Analyst in Carrollton, GA
    Current Employee - Claims Analyst in Carrollton, GA

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They take on almost anyone, co-workers are nice. Depending on department, can be really pleasant place to work.

Cons

Despite the company claiming to have plenty of space for upward mobility, they really promote based on nepotism and company connection, rather than skill.

Management is often contradictory and fumbling.

Nondisclosure agreement regarding pay means that employees are often unsatisfied with their pay, and have very little ground for complaint. I reached the average STARTING salary for my job in my region over two years into working here.

Upper management is overwhelmingly men, while the low level jobs, and lower management are mostly women. Mostly this means they hire upper level positions from outside the company, but also again: despite hiring promises, they don't really provide upward mobility opportunities.

Advice to Management

There's a problem with poor management (punishing an entire dept instead of reprimanding individuals who break rules/take advantage of honor systems) and a problem with upper and middle management not understanding the lower level jobs well enough to be effective leaders. Tbh it's really hard to do what you're told if the orders given are so vague as to be contradictory!

Nov 20, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback and your interest in moving up at Greenway. Taking on additional responsibilities in certainly one way to grow your compensation, although outperforming every year in your... More