Greenway Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Greenway Health CEO Scott Zimmerman
Scott Zimmerman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • 401K match is at the end of the year, high deductible on health insurance (in 29 reviews)

• High deductible health plan, but once the deductible was reached you were covered 100% (in 11 reviews)

"Great place to work but lost my trust"

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time

Pros

Entry Level Positions Available, Growth Oportunity

Cons

Can't trust Management, medical benefits are outrageous

Nov 13, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. At Greenway Health, we are committed to living our values which include integrity and respect at the foundation. As such we encourage two-way communication between our... More

2. "Claims Analyst"

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time

Pros

Flexible work hours, remote opportunities

Cons

Job security, low pay grade compared to others

Nov 20, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. We are dedicated to creating a culture where our company's mission and vision is fully understood by all of our employees and we allow for flexible work environments to... More

3. "Bad PTO, Inconsistent Standards"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Alachua, FL
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Alachua, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work/life separation. Fun corporate attitude. Diverse workforce. In depth on-boarding process. Sprint socials and game room are nice. Variation in work.

Cons

Extremely lengthy interview process and little to no flexibility on salary. Laughably bad time off policies. PTO and sick are combined and very limited. Massively inconsistent standards. Certain offices totally lack professionalism. Snitches attempt to garner favor with managers. Be careful who you trust. Company not stable, many owners and office closings.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to satellite offices. Give reasonable time off.

"A convoluted experience coupled with a lack of communication and broken promises."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The coworkers are great to work with. Most of the teams have some great people on them and they’re like diamonds in the rough.

Cons

Salaries are plain garbage. Expect to be paid well below market average for your position. You can literally go across the street and make 10-30k more.

This company has a severe communication problem. You’ll often be committed to a deadline to an executive from your managers and won’t be informed about until the deadline approaches. Information is not consistently spread throughout the company and knowledge boarding is rampant.

The products are old, ugly, tired, and dated. Despite the spin that is always put on about “innovation”, Greenway is 5 years too late. They’ve just now decided to ditch the premise model for a SaaS-based solution (which hopefully won’t be as terrible as Stat). Customers and employees are quitting this company faster than you can imagine.

The decision was made to close Birmingham, Lake Mary, Atlanta, and slash positions at Carrollton. Don’t let the “innovation” spin fool you. This is a reverse-psychology layoff. The company is forcing people to relocate to save their jobs and “eliminating the position” if they choose not to relocate. Nice way to treat your employees. We’ll see how long you guys can last.

This place is past its prime. Not sure what can be done anymore as everyone knows it.

Advice to Management

Nothing. You don’t make changes anyhow, so what’s the point?

Nov 20, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

- In early October, we announced two significant changes based in part on employee and customer feedback. First, a new project called “Polaris” to create a state of the art technology platform for... More

"Starter Job"

Current Employee - Claims Analyst in Carrollton, GA
    Current Employee - Claims Analyst in Carrollton, GA

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They take on almost anyone, co-workers are nice. Depending on department, can be really pleasant place to work.

Cons

Despite the company claiming to have plenty of space for upward mobility, they really promote based on nepotism and company connection, rather than skill.

Management is often contradictory and fumbling.

Nondisclosure agreement regarding pay means that employees are often unsatisfied with their pay, and have very little ground for complaint. I reached the average STARTING salary for my job in my region over two years into working here.

Upper management is overwhelmingly men, while the low level jobs, and lower management are mostly women. Mostly this means they hire upper level positions from outside the company, but also again: despite hiring promises, they don't really provide upward mobility opportunities.

Advice to Management

There's a problem with poor management (punishing an entire dept instead of reprimanding individuals who break rules/take advantage of honor systems) and a problem with upper and middle management not understanding the lower level jobs well enough to be effective leaders. Tbh it's really hard to do what you're told if the orders given are so vague as to be contradictory!

Nov 20, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

Thank you for your invaluable feedback. Your feedback is essential towards improving the employee experience at Greenway Health. During the past several months, we have been focused on improving and... More

6. "CA"

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time

Pros

There is always room to grow within this compnany

Cons

The pay can sometimes be too low for the job you do

Nov 13, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

Thank you for your review. We are committed to providing growth opportunities for all employees with a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package. We encourage you to keep... More

"Too Much Change"

I worked at Greenway Health full-time

Pros

Used to have some pros before the merge with Vitera, then it went downhill fast

Cons

If you are not from Vitera initially you are shrugged off. The former Greenway was a much better company before the merge with Vitera. It is very cliquey. All the benefits changed for the worse. Stay away!

Advice to Management

be better boss. If you can't treat all your employees the same and you have favorites then please do all a favor and step down. This makes for a very bad work environment.

Nov 13, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. It can be difficult to bring together very distinct cultures to create a new organization. Each member of the Greenway Health family is important to us. Just as we invest... More

"Avoid Greenway if you are a developer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Carrollton, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Carrollton, GA

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people in lower-level development

Some minor perks like free coffee and soda, relaxed attitude towards occasional working from home

Regular social events with catered food

Cons

Upper management is terrible. The product is built on 20 year old technology but there has been no consistent plan on how to modernize and move forward. First they said we would simply update the codebase gradually, then they decided we would build a modern application concurrently and drop self-contained modules from the new thing into the old application as they were completed (which turned out to be a technical disaster) and now they are putting the product in maintenance mode and writing a replacement from scratch. There is a feeling that management is just throwing different ideas at the wall and going with something until it gets hard then switching to something else.

They have been adding more and more offshore resources leaving everyone unsure of how long until they simply get rid of the American developers and turn everything over to cheaper offshore teams.

The American developers already make far below national average salary.

Last week the company announced that they were moving all development positions to the Tampa office, giving all the developers in other locations the option to relocate to Tampa (with no increase in salary and laughably small relocation assistance) or leave the company in January. It is clear that there is no loyalty towards employees.

Advice to Management

This place is a dumpster fire. The high level leadership needs to come up with a plan that is best for the long term even if it is painful for the short term bottom-line. Then they need to stick to it and not change directions every six months.

Nov 14, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

Thanks for your feedback.
    We agree with some aspects of your perspective. There hasn’t been a formal plan to modernize our platform and focus on customer demands because we have needed to focus on... More

"Losing hope fast"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Carrollton, GA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Carrollton, GA

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have a cafeteria and air conditioning. That. Is. All.

Cons

Horrible pay, stressful atmosphere due to the constant layoffs and "restructuring," disorganized and they put customer facing employees in tough positions due to their lack of ability to deliver a solid product (or even a mediocre product) in a reasonable timeframe, or...ever.

Advice to Management

Beg your holding company to sell you and go back to everything you did before them.

Nov 20, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. While we acknowledge having undertaken some difficult and at times challenging restructuring exercises prior to 2017, we have evolved through these processes and... More

10. "Great Opportunity"

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Culture incorporates strong values along with innovation and caring for customers and employees.

Cons

Executive team still getting aligned due to several changes over the past year.

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on effective communication across the entire organization.

Nov 20, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Management

Employer Response - Thank you for your review! We believe we have a great culture here at Greenway, with an emphasis on all of our leaders and employees living our values. We are excited to have... More