Greenway Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Greenway Health CEO Richard Atkin
Richard Atkin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Company undergoing change for the better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leadership is clarifying direction, clearly committed to quality and compliance

Cons

Employees stuck in their ways in some functions

Advice to Management

Keep explaining why we are doing what we are doing...we need ongoing understanding to keep getting better.

"Rudderless Ship"

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Orlando, FL

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved my team and direct manager

Cons

Venture cap firm bought the company and gutted it. Fired almost everyone. Killed any new ideas and just wanted to service old customers as the new business model.

Advice to Management

Retire. Grow a conscience.

3. "Good to start"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to start out

Cons

Pay better and be forward thinking

4. "Sales"

Pros

Work culture is very good

Cons

Hours worked are very good

Dec 20, 2018 – Sr. Director, Talent

Thank you for your review of Greenway Health. We appreciate your feedback. We are excited to hear that you enjoy the work environment here, as we strive for a workplace conducive for collaboration... More

5. "CTSA"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work environment and atmosphere is awesome

Cons

starting pay to the employees

Advice to Management

better starting pay

Dec 14, 2018 – Sr. Director, Talent

Thank you for your feedback regarding Greenway Health. We are excited to hear that you enjoy the work environment we offer our team members. It is our goal to provide a workplace conducive to... More

"Software support technician"

Pros

For the most part, the day to day calls are challenging but I was rarely treated poorly by the clients calling into support for troubleshooting help. I loved being able to investigate reported problems, help teach correct workflows to the clients and solve the tough cases. I enjoyed (with a few annoying exceptions) my coworkers and manager. On the surface, the company appears to care about you as a Person and the benefits are acceptable for the area.

Other pros:
    There are many people here who genuinely want to help the clients they talk to. There are many in different departments who are willing to collaborate between teams to get the software to be the best it could be. We need to celebrate that this company does have MANY who passed the 20th year anniversary. The team we have is filled with great people, doing the what they can to make things better.
    I enjoyed reading my survey responses from clients I talked with. I tried to keep every single one printed until they went digital.

Cons

There are so many, I could spend days listing them all.
    The good employees in the support team are overused and taken advantage of constantly to pick up for the slackers that put out minimal effort.
    The company is VERY deceitful in communications both internal and to clients. The change of CEO’s (going on 3 since I started in 2015) is a huge red flag, and even the clients voice their disdain in the business or the leaders.
    The lack of consistency with development teams, lack of concern for how the shortcuts being taken negatively impacts providers and staff, the willingness to continue delivering subpar products while charging premium $$, and the blatant actions of managers to prevent good employees from leaving the support team has lead to a very unsatisfying work environment for the people who put in effort and care about what they do.
    All of these things are easily verified and in no way trying to be mean or hateful. The atmosphere across the remaining campuses is one of either total disregard for quality work, or intense stress in trying to work case loads that are unsustainable.
    Problems have been brought to several levels of management, with zero response over a year and a half period. The management team has purposely blocked the internal transfer of MULTIPLE employees while publicly claiming a willingness to see you grow as an employee and a person.
    I was luckily able to move to another department and still work here. I would never suggest a friend work here now, and feel terrible about the one person I recommended as he’s miserable.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to people and claiming “total transparency”. Stop hiring more directors and VP’s of departments that aren’t being held accountable for their poor actions and lack of a stable, consistent platform.
    Stop adding new clients to a platform that can’t even handle the existing ones.
    The current people in the Supports’ management team should all be fired and replaced with internal members of the company that ACTUALLY WORKED IN SUPPORT. How can you understand how a complicated software needs to be handled at the support level if you never even talk with the clients that use it.

TRAIN THE EMPLOYEES BETTER. TRAIN THE CLIENTS LONGER AND BETTER. The training is high level workflows and process, when we in support start taking calls from clients, it’s a SOLID 10 months before the stress goes down from not having the answers during the call. That’s unacceptable considering training is supposed to be “exceptional”. Crossword puzzles is NOT TRAINING.
    There are so many areas of the system that is failing, you are focusing on sales at a point in this company

Dec 14, 2018 – Sr. Director, Talent

Thank you for your feedback of Greenway Health. We appreciate the time you took to provide a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoy your role with Greenway Health and the team members that you... More

7. "Solid Job"

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time

Pros

Team members are great to work with. Extensive training on the platforms. Managers are easy to talk to.

Cons

Starting pay is decent for the work/experience level, but I'm not sure if it is going to be enough long term.

"Taught me how to not run a company"

Former Employee - Claims Analyst in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Claims Analyst in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

casual dress/relaxed atmosphere
    decent vacation
    remote work opportunities
    will hire workers without experience (allows you to get into the industry)
    some genuinely wonderful co-workers

Cons

pay below industry standard
    EXTREMELY high turnover rate
    execs seem directionless/hide their intentions
    inadequate training
    policies are not established/are made up as they go
    no support from upper management

Advice to Management

When I first started a year after the merger, we were told the company was still in a transitional period. The company remained in that same state of flux during my 4 years of employment. Training was minimal. The onboarding period of 2 weeks included the first week of information about the company and the heathcare industry. The second week included software training for the platform you would be working. In practice, the first week was a haze of corporate-speak and the attention of HR personnel who would disappear never to be seen again after the week was over. We also learned bare basics about the definitions of industry terms. The second week included mornings spent in "software training" where we learned how to navigate the CLINICAL side of the EHR software with no mention of the billing modules necessary for our day-to-day jobs. In the afternoons, we shadowed our fellow employees, almost all of whom had been on the Intergy platform for less than a couple of months. At the end of that week, we were thrown to the wolves.

There was no institutional knowledge of that platform in our department. The turnover rate was extreme. People came and left constantly. In 2 years, I would become the de facto resource on our team for software knowledge and training because our training department offered limited help and everyone with experience had left. We were each working 1 to 2 clients on our own. We were responsible for the billing of entire multi-physician practices and many of us had never done revenue cycle management before or even worked in the health industry. We worked from the (often useless and uninformative) notes of remote contractors abroad who would call insurance companies and post payments on our behalf. We were told to hide the fact that we used remote contractors unless the client asked. Over the next two years, things did improve but not for all employees and not to a standard appropriate to serve our clients. Clients came in constantly, and clients slowly left as their contracts expired. Hiring almost never matches the demand for new team members due to increased client load and constant turnover.
          While some team members had a manageable workload working together on a single client, other team members managed entire practices whose accounts receivable were in poor shape. On the other end of the spectrum, there were employees who were given only one menial task to do on a large client, which impeded their ability to succeed at another similar job if they left. Workloads were distributed not based on the algorithms that were in place, but on which clients pitched the biggest fits and threatened to break contract. Employees with heavier workloads would occasionally receive help if their clients complained but hardly ever enough to make a big difference. I was one of the employees with a larger workload. I would be ignored for months and then suddenly micromanaged when someone higher up noticed what was going on. I was passed up for merit raises and given poor performance reviews with no consideration for the fact that my situation was created by the company. My manager constantly asked for more workers on my clients, we only received help toward the end when the Birmingham office was closed. This help was given when there was a big push to improve the health of our clients in order to make them more palatable for our replacements in Tampa.
          In hindsight, the company had clearly been preparing for the Birmingham closure for months if not years without letting even the higher-up management in Birmingham know. Most people were given an option to relocate (no cost-of-living increases for those moving from Birmingham to Tampa, by the way), and those who remained but did not find a new job were given a decent severance and retention bonus. However, the company showed very little empathy for employees who could or would not make the move and were told to "be more positive."

Stray observations:
    *constant restructuring
    *I once participated in a day long workshop with the development team to ask our input on software enhancements. The developers spent the entire workshop questioning whether we needed any enhancements at all despite not understanding our workflow and none of our requests were ever implemented.
    *Policies were rarely written down or thought of ahead of time. They were implemented as they occurred to management and were not clearly communicated and implemented. (E.g. no one was ever sure how inclement weather events were to be handled. Instructions varied from manager to manager and often differed from official HR emails.)
    *They never fixed or replaced the water/ice machine in our office. It was always leaking and moldy and I'm still mad about it.

9. "Embracing Change"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Greenway Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great time off package. Lucrative sales opportunities.

Cons

Health insurance was extremely costly. Constant changes in executive leadership make it extremely difficult to have clear direction.

Advice to Management

Continue improving on transparency and work to find a direction that everyone can get behind. It is very difficult to hit a moving target.

"Unfairness throughout"

Current Employee - Customer Support in Carrollton, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Carrollton, GA

I have been working at Greenway Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A steady paycheck and good computer equipment to work from.

Cons

Training is rushed and for the two weeks and they place people in positions that they are not best suited for.
    All they care about are their metrics of cases closed.

They subscribe to the metoo, meaning that if you are male and you just say Hello or look at someone wrongly, you get written up or fired. Seriously, there is no due process for anything there.

Advice to Management

Be fair to people and don't just look at the numbers.

Dec 3, 2018 – Sr. Director, Talent

Thank you for your review of Greenway Health. We appreciate your feedback. For all of our new team members, there is a one-week new hire onboarding process that everyone must complete. This week... More